Jorge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Reserve Grader
He's a Manly warrior and I'd hate to lose him (even though our wing talent needs huge overhaul).

Game has overtaken Jorge's wing style (the seventh forward on wing).

Doubt he would make it in backrow or has hands to be a centre.

Am thinking a no.14 utility role is worth trying for Jorge and for bench impact.

Instead of using Jorge for first tough carry in our 25, we use him on third or fourth play in opposition 25.

That is, we use him in a far more attacking way than we have in the past, in short bursts off the bench.

He has a license to isolate small defenders and attack them one on one. For all faults on wing (high ball, slow etc) he is still one the game's hardest players to tackle one on one.

His ability to break tackles would help disrupt defensive patterns in opposition 25 and create second phase.

As a reserve, he provides expert cover for outside backs and could play on edges/middle for short stints.

Plus, Jorge on the bench means a wing spot for much faster, elusive winger who can catch.

Will probably spend alot of time at Blacktown in 2019 but to be fair he did miss most of the pre season recovering from ACL surgery. Who knows with a full pre season he might lose a few and get his fitness back. Him and Suli should be put in a special programme working on fitness and speed or there just isnt a spot for them in our 17

Will probably spend alot of time at Blacktown in 2019 but to be fair he did miss most of the pre season recovering from ACL surgery. Who knows with a full pre season he might lose a few and get his fitness back. Him and Suli should be put in a special programme working on fitness and speed or there just isnt a spot for them in our 17

Ferris is still here. Don't count on any unique training and fitness.

I think manly struggle when jorge is injured. He nearly always wins us a penalty or 2. His play the balls are pedestrian though. His main weapon of slightly drifting accross field before straigthening into gaps i cant see being as effectivie in the middle with set defence.

He is a classy finisher who would have years left if
A he learnt to take bombs
B we had another good winger on the other side
C he learnt to contest bombs

Currently with parker, uate and jorge sharing rotation there are just too many errors out wide. Opposition dont even have to think about it

I love his humilty and relaxed nature on the field, that is until the ball goes up, you can hear his knees knocking in the stands.one thing for sure this is one call im glad i dont have to make

I think manly struggle when jorge is injured. He nearly always wins us a penalty or 2. His play the balls are pedestrian though. His main weapon of slightly drifting accross field before straigthening into gaps i cant see being as effectivie in the middle with set defence.

He is a classy finisher who would have years left if
A he learnt to take bombs
B we had another good winger on the other side
C he learnt to contest bombs

Currently with parker, uate and jorge sharing rotation there are just too many errors out wide. Opposition dont even have to think about it

I love his humilty and relaxed nature on the field, that is until the ball goes up, you can hear his knees knocking in the stands.one thing for sure this is one call im glad i dont have to make

He also drops the ball at least twice a game.

I love what George has done for this club, but imo it's time for him to move on.
I'm one of those that believe we need to get with the times and look for tall,fast,high leaping,athletic wingers moving forward.

Taufua has turned games with his burst of power deep in Manly territory....he still tries hard, but lacks the ability to do this and unfortunately
it was the area that overcome the dropped balls and poor security under the high ball - had a stellar career and great moments, but the
time to hang up the boots was about 12 months ago....

Depends on who coaches. On the current gameplan if all wingers were out id suspect we would put second rowers or props on the wing

I like Jorge and its noticeable when he's not there because his runs from kick returns and in early tackles when the forwards are lumbering back onside have been invaluable.

But unfortunately, having a winger who is short, slow compared to his opposites, has poor hands in general play and is pretty much woeful under a high ball is a liability these days.

@bob dylan is correct. These days wingers need to be tall, fast and athletic. Oates, Tupou, Vunivalu, Addo-Carr etc etc. Even Tommy makes a better winger than any of our wingers.

Where does that leave Jorge? I honestly don't know, but I do think its time we got serious about either moving him to the bench as a short burst back rower, or we move him on completely. To coin a phrase, his style of winger just isn't sexy in the game right now.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8