Josh Aloiai, and membership discussions.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Surely you jest

No ... before he went weird, dyed his hair and lost weight and power ... he looked to me like he could fill the role for 20 min a game like Radley .... if he could it meant the bench dynamic changed not having to have a specific hooker at #14 ....

Was just an idea .... you do know what ideas are Biff ..... some are good ... some don't work ... but without them we would all still be living in caves ...

No ... before he went weird, dyed his hair and lost weight and power ... he looked to me like he could fill the role for 20 min a game like Radley .... if he could it meant the bench dynamic changed not having to have a specific hooker at #14 ....

Was just an idea .... you do know what ideas are Biff ..... some are good ... some don't work ... but without them we would all still be living in caves ...
I just think Gozieski would struggle with distribution as his hands are ordinary and his passes look awkward...and his vision is better served as a runner....personally reckon Goz has gone backwards after looking a decent impact off the bench in 2019...if NSW cup is back would start him there

I just think Gozieski would struggle with distribution as his hands are ordinary and his passes look awkward...and his vision is better served as a runner....personally reckon Goz has gone backwards after looking a decent impact off the bench in 2019...if NSW cup is back would start him there

Agree ... but at the time we had Api that could go the 80 ... and having a 2nd rower already on the bench able to fill in at centre or hooker if needed .. just changed the bench dynamic ... anyway, back to the drawing board for Acme plan #2 ...

And yeah, GoJetSki was pretty underwhelming last year when he came back ... can't help thinking how much improvement there would have been in Guacamole if he had been given those 10 more games to improve ...

Jet Ski did improve gradually after his comeback and his utility value is a positive .Still some patchy form overall , maybe with some of Manly "s better players available next season and some better playing structures , his form can be more consistent . Still would see him more as a bench role with a full complement of players on deck and certainly would prove a revelation if he came into a 9 contention .

Agree ... but at the time we had Api that could go the 80 ... and having a 2nd rower already on the bench able to fill in at centre or hooker if needed .. just changed the bench dynamic ... anyway, back to the drawing board for Acme plan #2 ...

And yeah, GoJetSki was pretty underwhelming last year when he came back ... can't help thinking how much improvement there would have been in Guacamole if he had been given those 10 more games to improve ...
Thinking outside the box can sure make a person appear foolish when in the box is where we need to be.

Last edited:
I agree with this strongly

Kotoni Staggs would be on 500k-600k, max 700k. Stephen Crichton upgrade is rumoured to be 450k-500k.

Put a position that is less worrying for manly (than wing, second row and hooker), with a player who is pretty average...why would you throw 500k at him?

Christian Welch was 500k and is a seasoned big game player and tore up in origin game one. I called for his signing and everyone laughed... would you take him now? I sure would.
Imo Welch is the perfect prop

I also have faith in Josh Aloiai. Every tigers game I watched he was the one that stood out to me. As long as he stays fit he is actually very versatile and has played second row plenty in his earlier years. I think 500k is the ceiling for his contract but am on the same boat that 400K probably is ideal

Surely we won't pay the full 500k asking price. Maybe 1.3 mil over 3 years. He is only mid 20s and last year was somewhat of a breakout year just like Paseka and is ready to star as an NRL prop. He would be a great addition to our squad and adds a bit of mongrel. Foran, Saab, Aloiai and Davey are pretty good additions with the like of Schuster, olokauatu coming through and Funa, Cust, Harper etc proving more than handy. Add that to Turbo and Walker back from injury and we are a completely different looking side. The missing piece is Faint BUT even if he doesn't play most of the year he could be a real strike weapon for the last month of footy and the semis if/when cleared, coming off the bench

Surely we won't pay the full 500k asking price. Maybe 1.3 mil over 3 years. He is only mid 20s and last year was somewhat of a breakout year just like Paseka and is ready to star as an NRL prop. He would be a great addition to our squad and adds a bit of mongrel. Foran, Saab, Aloiai and Davey are pretty good additions with the like of Schuster, olokauatu coming through and Funa, Cust, Harper etc proving more than handy. Add that to Turbo and Walker back from injury and we are a completely different looking side. The missing piece is Faint BUT even if he doesn't play most of the year he could be a real strike weapon for the last month of footy and the semis if/when cleared, coming off the bench

Agree with this. I think if we can keep injuries to a minimum whilst Fainu is out, then we should be around positions 6-8 at least before his return (hopeful return lol) and can make a run for the top 4 if he's back in the side by the start of August.

I also think we need to keep Walker for 2021 as he's our next best attacking back line player other than Tom. If he can stay on the paddock, it will be a bonus to have a premiership winning centre in the side.

Thinking outside the box can sure make a person appear foolish when in the box is where we need to be.

Lonely again ... must be frustrating that the only way you can get attention is to resort to smartarrse mode ..

.. and personally I would prefer to have the imagination to have thousands of ideas that don't work ... than to be that devoid of thought that I would believe that all man's knowledge is contained in one book written 2000 years ago ...

Lonely again ... must be frustrating that the only way you can get attention is to resort to smartarrse mode ..

.. and personally I would prefer to have the imagination to have thousands of ideas that don't work ... than to be that devoid of thought that I would believe that all man's knowledge is contained in one book written 2000 years ago ...
Amen :)

With our current line up at hooker, why wouldn't we have both a back rower and an outside back trained up for a stint at hooker. The utility value of the bench is at an all time high.

Agree with this. I think if we can keep injuries to a minimum whilst Fainu is out, then we should be around positions 6-8 at least before his return (hopeful return lol) and can make a run for the top 4 if he's back in the side by the start of August.

I also think we need to keep Walker for 2021 as he's our next best attacking back line player other than Tom. If he can stay on the paddock, it will be a bonus to have a premiership winning centre in the side.

I wouldn't be expecting any miracles from Finau IF he gets off his charges and can play. He would have been out for 18 months and will have to get used to the 6 again rules and speed of the game, don't forget he is a young kid till developing his game.

I wouldn't be expecting any miracles from Finau IF he gets off his charges and can play. He would have been out for 18 months and will have to get used to the 6 again rules and speed of the game, don't forget he is a young kid till developing his game.

Yes, but he is a hooker which we don't have right now. Having him in the side would be an improvement over any other option we've got no matter how fit he is.

clarkeys.rl.column He's a club favourite at the Wests Tigers and loved by everyone at the club, however the club has refused to negotiate with Josh Aloiai in a move that could cost them his future.
___
Meanwhile, the Manly Sea Eagles are more than ready to come to the party. They have offered Aloiai a much larger and long-term contract.
___
The Sea Eagles recently lost star prop Addin Fonua-Blake and Aloiai looms large as his replacement. He would play alongside his Samoan International team mate Martin Taupau in the front row.
___
Aloiai, 25, has played 90 NRL games since making his debut in 2016. In this time he has also represented Toa Samoa twice.
___
This season he averaged 136 running metres and 28 tackles per game, across 49 minutes. Factor in four tries and it could be said Aloiai's 2020 was seki seki.
___
His stats have continued to rise throughout his career and I believe a move under coach Des Hasler will only help this.

136 avg meters, and 28 tackles for avg 49m aint bad plus can hit a hole and score a try.
‘Seki seki’ ??

If he is coming here then chances are he would be prop,but just wondering if Des is looking to play him on the edge.Pretty sure he started as an edge backrower and moved to the middle as a lock before moving into front row.
189cm and 106kg fits the bill as an edge backrower even though there are more teams looking for mobility through the middle,could be a Kaufusi/Bromwich type like the Storm use,too much time on my hands on a sunday,just musing.....

He can play second row apparently. Just discovered (although he is much younger than me), he played for the same junior club as me and attended the same high school here in West Auckland... I am now officially famous

Attachments

• 4C749436-E367-49E0-AF66-44D01CCFFB19.png
    4C749436-E367-49E0-AF66-44D01CCFFB19.png
    52 KB · Views: 43
  • 55C45B57-93F2-4C99-9997-955C7E5FEEA3.png
    55C45B57-93F2-4C99-9997-955C7E5FEEA3.png
    104.2 KB · Views: 43

You have become very predictable. Where did I claim that all of mans knowledge is contained within a book that was started 3200 years ago?

That's certainly news to me.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8