Josh Aloiai re-signs until 2025

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Goodo! I'm still trying to get a handle on some personalities on this forum. :D
Good luck with that mate :rofl:

Mtv Multiple Personalities GIF

Or the Sea Eagle amongst the Rainbow Lorikeets?
I desperately wanted to work a dead parrot into this thread but we've probably taken it a far as it can go now. I could have serious discussions about the Sea Eagles all day (but my wife refuses to listen anymore, hence I've popped up here) but having started watching Monty Python circa 1970, sadly for the forum readers, a lot of silly things are filtering through my fingers.

But back to Josh ..........

I desperately wanted to work a dead parrot into this thread but we've probably taken it a far as it can go now. I could have serious discussions about the Sea Eagles all day (but my wife refuses to listen anymore, hence I've popped up here) but having started watching Monty Python circa 1970, sadly for the forum readers, a lot of silly things are filtering through my fingers.

monty python dead parrot GIF by Vulture.com

Its always possible to work a dead parrot into any Silvertails thread @Seagles68 In this case as an analogy for Manlys season after the NRL’s Women in League round 2022.

And in late-breaking news there is a possibility of Samoan and Tongan players boycotting their next World Cup matches, because of the sudden proliferation of rainbows in the UK.
st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

monty python dead parrot GIF by Vulture.com

Its always possible to work a dead parrot into any Silvertails thread @Seagles68 In this case as an analogy for Manlys season after the NRL’s Women in League round 2022.
The 1st pre season training session.

This is my 1st attempt at attaching something so let me know if I've done something wrong .... or illegal, won't you.

Good lord .. that took my head places I didn't want it to go ..

Was your main aversion to wearing the tshirt that it wasn't flattering and that it was cold? .. or was it the store logo on the front.

I doubt you would have a case for discrimination, however I would think you could mount a case for cruelty .. and failure to provide a safe working environment.

Maybe a real lawyer could come up with a host of other things.

But it begs the question ... did you know the name of the joint when you took the job?

As I'm writing here, I went to the Librabet website to place a sports bet, our favourite team is playing soon and I'm going to win. I have used other bookmakers before, but now I decided to try Librabet after reading the review. Registered ok, will try to play.
A real lawyer can really come up with a lot of things to prosecute for. And even for a T-shirt, if you pull the facts behind the ears. And often he can only be confronted by another real lawyer who knows the laws better.
It's a good thing that not everyone has to do this nonsense :speechless:

Last edited:
I am glad that you have an open mind and have been able to understand the different points of view we have.

I learn from people in here as well and even the people I totally disagree with, I do respect their right to an opinion.

1978 for me was the most magical year to be an 11 years old Manly supporter. That season was a rollercoaster in so many ways and what that team achieved under extreme adversity will always be my favourite Manly team.

The atmosphere in the Sheridan stand where the Manly cheer squad occupied the bays closest to the hill at the old SCG were magical days for me. The singing, the amazing range of songs, the maroon and white streamers caught on the roof railings. The party atmosphere as the team achieved the impossible will rank as some of the best times of my life so far as a supporter. This is when I truly fell in love with the club and that love was permanent after that year.

Thanks for your kind words, It is nice to know that in the heat of debate we are able to be respectful an civil and BTW you are a good fella too!!
Believe it or not
Last month I played zone lawn bowls at a place on the south coast

My bowls are maroon and white with an eagle

After the match had a beer with opposition who also is a manly supporter and discovered he too was in the stand during that magical period and was actually one of the climbers who tied the streamers to the roof

Nick name back then was Wall Street
Real name Greg and he moved from Newport to the coast 6 years ago

We realised that I stayed numerous times at this apartment and was treated like a local and got introduced to many locals and other pleasures that the Newport arms offered

Had not seen him in nearly 40 years

We Already have a planned trip to brooky next year

Back to the SCG and the best stand ever

Still remember Stephen knight standing toe to toe with mark Harris from easts on the quarter line and side line right in front of the Sheridan stand

We steamrolled the next set and it was game over
Also sat in the same place for cricket and watched the can fights on the hill

Lillie and thommo bowl and carried Dougies bat off the field for him at stumps after he scored a ton at a shield game

Life can be pretty simple if you want it to be

I bet another old fart MFB would think the same sitting on a river pulling in fish

Look after your self everyone
We got a club to support next year

Believe it or not
Last month I played zone lawn bowls at a place on the south coast

My bowls are maroon and white with an eagle

After the match had a beer with opposition who also is a manly supporter and discovered he too was in the stand during that magical period and was actually one of the climbers who tied the streamers to the roof

Nick name back then was Wall Street
Real name Greg and he moved from Newport to the coast 6 years ago

We realised that I stayed numerous times at this apartment and was treated like a local and got introduced to many locals and other pleasures that the Newport arms offered

Had not seen him in nearly 40 years

We Already have a planned trip to brooky next year

Back to the SCG and the best stand ever

Still remember Stephen knight standing toe to toe with mark Harris from easts on the quarter line and side line right in front of the Sheridan stand

We steamrolled the next set and it was game over
Also sat in the same place for cricket and watched the can fights on the hill

Lillie and thommo bowl and carried Dougies bat off the field for him at stumps after he scored a ton at a shield game

Life can be pretty simple if you want it to be

I bet another old fart MFB would think the same sitting on a river pulling in fish

Look after your self everyone
We got a club to support next year
The club we all love just keeps on bringing us together and the memories we all have for those of us fortunate to have seen the best era of Manly which was the 1970s.

I have thousands of them from every away game we went to, into enemy territory and sticking together as the maroon and white heroes destroyed our foes.

Every now and then a group of us who are still in contact catch up for some lunch to rekindle those great days and share each others thoughts on the modern club. Plenty to chat about the next time we meet hehe.

I can remember a song that we sung after Roy Masters started the silvertails war and it was the perfect repost to his arrogant an bitter campaign.

You live in Fibro out in the sticks
We live the seaside in a house of bricks

You buy the holdens, Volkswagens too, we buy Mercedez, Volvos by the 2

You eat the meat pies, sausage rolls as well, we eat the oysters, you eat the shells.

You save the coins, we save the notes, you buy the dinghies, we buy the boats

SILVERTAILS, clap clap clap etc

Perfect comeback!!

There was a interview Josh did yesterday saying he is still not wearing the rainbow jumper next or any year. Spoke about his sister in same as well and how she supports his stance even though she is gay and happy.

Interesting times, wonder if the other 6 are the same.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8