Josh Drinkwater

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
MWSE said:
eagles2win said:
I'd be looking at the Raiders U20 5/8 if I was them as well.
Absolute gun of a player and only 17 - 18.

Is that the kid that was in the NYC team of the year? No way will they be letting him go.

When you think about it, the Raiders are flush with halves.

Anthony Milford

Napper said:
MWSE said:
Is there a link for this info?

I can see the dragons snapping up a few promising young halves over the coming offseason. I think they might be targeting the young storm half from their NYC team too.
No link. I heard it from a good source 2 weeks ago and there was a small bit in todays tele about it.

Was the Tele's source Silvertails? They seem to get a lot of their inside information from websites like ours.

Jono said:
Napper said:
MWSE said:

I can see the dragons snapping up a few promising young halves over the coming offseason. I think they might be targeting the young storm half from their NYC team too.
No link. I heard it from a good source 2 weeks ago and there was a small bit in todays tele about it.

Was the Tele's source Silvertails? They seem to get a lot of their inside information from websites like ours.

The journo Massoud gets info from player agent Sam Ayoub who manages Drinkwater. Perhaps this could be the situation in this case.

But that doesnt mean its trumour. A lot gets written and leaked for ulterior purposes, bumping up offers etc.

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
Jono said:
Napper said:
MWSE said:

The journo Massoud gets info from player agent Sam Ayoub who manages Drinkwater. Perhaps this could be the situation in this case.

But that doesnt mean its trumour. A lot gets written and leaked for ulterior purposes, bumping up offers etc.

Pretty sure it's a done deal mate.

Does Drinkwater actually project as a good player? Or were we just giving each other hand shandys in talking him up.

I read in a forum that he is gonna be given first crack at replacing Hornby if the Dragons can't steal Cornish away from the Raiders.

MWSE said:
Does Drinkwater actually project as a good player? Or were we just giving each other hand shandys in talking him up.

I read in a forum that he is gonna be given first crack at replacing Hornby if the Dragons can't steal Cornish away from the Raiders.

I think he has big potential. If we didnt have our current halves pairing i'd be spewing he is gone.

Drinkwater wasn't the dragons first choice as they chased hard for Chad Townsned from the sharks but he knocked them back as Flanagan has promised him the half spot next year

MWSE said:

Todays performance will answer your question

3 try assists 3 linebreak assists in the first half

Napper said:
MWSE said:

Happens. We have Foran and DCE. Kids down the pecking order, and will get a shot at 1st grade with the Dragons immediately.

Ryan said:
Napper said:
MWSE said:

Happens. We have Foran and DCE. Kids down the pecking order, and will get a shot at 1st grade with the Dragons immediately.

Yeah exactly. Wouldnt swap either of them for anyone.

Hope Drinkwater does well at saints.

St George Illawarra Dragons in hunt for a playmaker to replace retiring Ben Hornby

James Phelps
The Sunday Telegraph
September 02, THE DRAGONS have begun preparing for life after Ben Hornby with the club signing an unknown Manly rookie as a likely replacement for the retiring legend.

Linked to Chad Townsend, Sam Williams and Jacob Miller in recent weeks, St George-Illawarra's search for a halfback took an unexpected turn last week when the club snared Manly Toyota Cup No.7 Josh Drinkwater.

Having missed out on Cooper Cronk and Daly Cherry-Evans earlier this year, the Dragons will enter next season without an established playmaker to partner Jamie Soward, with Hornby to play his final match today against Parramatta.

Hornby's long-term replacement will not arrive until 2014 with the likes of Johnathan Thurston, Todd Carney, Josh Reynolds, Trent Hodkinson, Gareth Widdop and Mitchell Pearce off contract at the end of next year.

Facing a playmaking void, the Dragons have bolstered their stocks with Drinkwater, the Toyota Cup captain, signing a two-year deal.

The 182cm Central Coast product will have an opportunity to push Kyle Stanley for a spot in the halves alongside Soward.

Before signing Drinkwater, the Dragons made an unsuccessful play for Cronulla back-up No.7 Chad Townsend, who was denied a release from the final year of his deal.

"From the outset there hasn't been a hell of a lot of halves on the open market," Price said recently.

"We've got Stanley, Jamie Soward and Nathan Fien so we've got some good halves, but the important thing is that we get Kyle's body right. We know the sky is the limit for him.

"His best position is in the halves and that opportunity will arise in the off-season. We'll sit back now and review our playing roster and then we'll make a decision on which way we'll go."

Price will lose almost 500 games of experience with both Hornby and Dean Young to play their final matches today. He will also lose Beau Scott, with the Origin forward on his way to Newcastle.

The club's recruitment has been modest with Gerard Beale headlining a list that also includes Cronulla rookie Tyson Frizell.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/st-george-illawarra-dragons-in-hunt-for-a-playmaker-to-replace-retiring-ben-hornby/story-e6frexnr-1226463073352

Makes sense now that he signed with Dragons, Cause the U20s commentators on FOX had him in front of Johns and Meninga as the next Immortal. Bet if he was staying they wouldnt have talked him up so much.

Is Liam signed up for 2013? I thought he was still off contract. As this year has shown, having a good replacement half in the squad is essential, so we should make it a priority to have either Liam or Josh signed up.

Good luck to him, we can't keep them all no matter how good they "may" be. Sounds like he's cover for Stanley & Fien anyway, so he's not getting a walk up start at The Dragons either.
I'm sure Hodko had big wraps on him too in the U20's.

seaeagledave said:
Is Liam signed up for 2013? I thought he was still off contract. As this year has shown, having a good replacement half in the squad is essential, so we should make it a priority to have either Liam or Josh signed up.

Yes a priority! We havent had enough priority signings this season...

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2