Josh Mansour - set to leave

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
It would appear we don't have any foresight in our recruitment. Given the success of "some clubs", I don't get why we do not follow successful business practice. I can understand Covit, but on god's earth why don't we have spotters in PNG / Pacific Islands / USA / Rugby Union / AFL looking for tall / big / most importantly FAST outside backs? Other clubs have done this - they have been successful

We haven't done this in at least 5 years and now the club appears it will be behind those teams for the next while.

That would’ve been a very tough conversation for Cleary. Not so much about talent, Staines has to start. But from everything I’ve seen and read about Mansauce over the years at Penrith he is a very good clubman, and is very popular with the players and fans. The sort of off-field attributes we (Manly) could really do with in light of our seemingly "above average" dickhead policy.

When our Mick was in hospital in Sydney ( towards the end ) the Panthers organised some visits from players who came in their own time , not forced , no TV cameras just during their own leisure time.

He got 3 visits, Tim Grant , Sam McKendry ( both retired now I think ) and Sauce!!

Very good clubman is the Mansauce.

Please no Mansour.
We need tall, athletic, fast.

Then someone who will actually use their height, skill and pace.

It would appear we don't have any foresight in our recruitment. Given the success of "some clubs", I don't get why we do not follow successful business practice. I can understand Covit, but on god's earth why don't we have spotters in PNG / Pacific Islands / USA / Rugby Union / AFL looking for tall / big / most importantly FAST outside backs? Other clubs have done this - they have been successful

We haven't done this in at least 5 years and now the club appears it will be behind those teams for the next while.
Lazy recruiting, simple.

Despite being a mate of Crusher and knowing him since he was playing under 8’s juniors , he retired to the coast to raise cattle , then Des offered him a motza to come back and he would have been mad to not do it.

Great fella Noel , heart of gold and genuine all round good guy BUT I really doubt he’d have much fire left in the belly !!

Rather than recruiting panther’s rejects we should be following their example - give some young talent a go. If we continue picking up players way past their best so that other teams can keep a young talented team together then we can expect to spend a lot of time down with the other cellar dwellers

Lazy recruiting, simple.

Despite being a mate of Crusher and knowing him since he was playing under 8’s juniors , he retired to the coast to raise cattle , then Des offered him a motza to come back and he would have been mad to not do it.

Great fella Noel , heart of gold and genuine all round good guy BUT I really doubt he’d have much fire left in the belly !!

-During period 2007 - 2014 I got to know Noel and his wife rather well. Seriously take my hat off for the family, any given year they would board 4 or 5 young players each year. His wife would tell stories on how much the weekly food bill was. That was commitment! and part of why he was successful at his job

Mansour is probably the worst 'good winger' in the comp. He has great stats but hands like feet and was pretty woeful in most games this year despite his hard running and okay finishing.

When he dropped the ball onto his boot in the Grand Final just summed up him as a player these days - past it, no clue and going for the 1 %ers.
Hope we dont go near him.
Sounds like he's Des ideal winger then.

-During period 2007 - 2014 I got to know Noel and his wife rather well. Seriously take my hat off for the family, any given year they would board 4 or 5 young players each year. His wife would tell stories on how much the weekly food bill was. That was commitment! and part of why he was successful at his job
Yes I agree 110% , back then !!

I think ( but don’t know) that he may well have viewed this latest job offer as “ topping up the super “.

He was very happily retired and raising cattle whilst Des was in purgatory.

Only an opinion , and agree on his past efforts.

Max Krilich's wife used to call me back in the years around 2007 asking if we would have juniors stay at our place. Never returned her calls haha

Parramatta and Canterbury did the same with Foran. Yet we brought him over.
Yes, as did Newcastle with Ben Kennedy who was supposedly broken, a ball-hog and past his best. Foran may flop or fly let us hope for the latter.

Lazy recruiting, simple.

I am surprised he is still breathing.

Wasn’t one of Bob Trumpton’s boys supposed to be heavily involved in recruitment and retention?

Yes, as did Newcastle with Ben Kennedy who was supposedly broken, a ball-hog and past his best. Foran may flop or fly let us hope for the latter.

Exactly. They may fail somewhere else but be revitalised in another location. Then again they may be dead weight

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8