Judiciary live

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Masked Eagle said:
Put your case forward and state the reasons for your actions and hope the panel see Blair as the aggressor.

Most definitely. That's all that Glenn can do and from the footage that I've watched, Blair IS the aggressor.

Here we go

@manlyseaeagles forward Glenn Stewart has arrived at #NRL HQ for tonight’s judiciary hearing.
TweetDeck • 1/09/11 5:44 PM

#NRL judiciary: @manlyseaeagles forward Glenn Stewart is pleading guilty to Contrary Conduct – Fighting charge

NRL: #NRL judiciary: @manlyseaeagles forward Glenn Stewart is pleading guilty to Contrary Conduct – Fighting charge.

I would think it must be under the assumption that if he pleads guilty then they will have to give him what blair got.

Rusty said:
I would think it must be under the assumption that if he pleads guilty then they will have to give him what blair got.

Why?
The plea has nothing to do with the sentence.

The safe option in my opinion, much to win or lose with a not guilty plea, the club simply had to make a judgement call weather it was worth the risk.

Evidently not.

No way he is going to get off a contrary conduct charge, best if he pleads guilty IMO. He was on his way to the bin, rightly or wrongly, and was involved in a fight. Not a good look and the contrary conduct charge is probably justified.

Daniel said:
Rusty said:

Why?
The plea has nothing to do with the sentence.

Sure there is, perhaps not a codified relationship, but it would be foolish to think that they would not give a lesser sentence for a guilty plea.

Perhaps it might be subconscious but the relationship is certainly there.

He should get 2 IMO after Blair got 3, but i can see them giving him 3 to be seen as impartial or even 4 so that he sits out the season.

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :argue: this is B.S why draw the **** out for if you just going to plead guilty i dont see the point..
It`s a **** around .. just like an orford contract negotiation

just because he pleads guilty doesn't mean he wont be asking for a reduced sentence

jjai said:
Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :argue: this is B.S why draw the s**t out for if you just going to plead guilty i dont see the point..
It`s a f**k around .. just like an orford contract negotiation

Because you can plead guilty and still offer mitigating circumstances with intent of a downgrade/lesser sentence.

The moment Blairs sentence was announced the reason to plead not-guilty became a lot less compelling. If the precedent (Such that it is) had been for 5 weeks for the single charge then it would have been worth fighting as you would not play again this season anyway. Now with the potential for a GF appearance on the cards with a guilty plea it would be silly to risk that on a very unlikely defense of a not-guilty plea/

Rusty said:
jjai said:
Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :argue: this is B.S why draw the s**t out for if you just going to plead guilty i dont see the point..
It`s a f**k around .. just like an orford contract negotiation

Because you can plead guilty and still offer mitigating circumstances with intent of a downgrade/lesser sentence.

The moment Blairs sentence was announced the reason to plead not-guilty became a lot less compelling. If the precedent (Such that it is) had been for 5 weeks for the single charge then it would have been worth fighting as you would not play again this season anyway. Now with the potential for a GF appearance on the cards with a guilty plea it would be silly to risk that on a very unlikely defense of a not-guilty plea/

Thanks for that Rusty , when you put it like that its logical , i wouldnt have a clue about how they all play in the courts ..

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8