Judiciary - Matai and T-Rex

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Its not Matai's first offense all year. He was suspended for a swinging arm into Nightingales head at WIN stadium Wollongong.

Telecrap already lead with "Reports tarnish Manly win"

"Williams was placed on report for smashing Jharal Yow Yeh in the 64th minute - and just a minute later worry turned to a splitting headache for the Sea Eagles with Matai also placed on report for dropping his knees into the same man."

Funny though straight after the game I read this article on League Central on my Iphone and this same paragraph said

"Williams was placed on report for a sickening shot on Jharal Yow Yeh in the 64th minute - and just a minute later worry turned to a splitting headache for the Sea Eagles with Matai also placed on report for dropping his knees into the same man."

Funny that they changed it i thought "sickening" was ridiculous way to describe that hit. Obviously they realised it and retracted/Deleted it

I can't see how t-rex's would go up to grade 2, unless wallace is also charged with one. anyway it would be worth fighting: they were both moving at high speed, the arm comes down on yow yeh and unfortuntately gets him a glancing blow on the chin. It just happens to resemble a ham hock and the glance is well placed to knock someone out. grade 1 guilty, early plea, gf.

matai, some kind of careless contact charge coming, with carryover points, no gf I fear. he was great tonight and has done his bit to get us there this year.

and.....dsm, I think third man in's tackle on the airborne dce was the most dangerous play all night. straight off in a rugby game. we've shifted along way from the zero tolerance policy on hitting kickers after the kick.

Likely that neither incident would have drawn a penalty except for the dramatic reactions of Yow Yeh. Yow Yeh's reactions earned Brisbane two desperately needed penalties in a sudden death match. And once awarded, he made amazingly fast and complete recoveries. Well played him.

Can anyone imagine Lockyer being charged if he made those tackles? Can anyone imagine anyone in the media asking for any action against Lockyer if he were the tackler?

Reasonable to ask that T-Rex be judged according to the exact same standards as Peter Wallace. And reasonable to ask that Matai be judged according to the exact same standards as Slater. If so, not a thing to worry about.

T-Rex one was not across the head, but down along the neck as T-Rex is a GIANT.
Matai has the same MOMENTUM defense that Cam Smith used after the SOO.
Thaiday going for the kneecaps of a Player in the air is news worthy. The NRL were very strict on it all year and lets remind them of the consistency required.

What ever happens, the Manly Team that takes the field on Sunday will do themselves and us proud.

So Happy to be a Manly Supporter :D

HappilyManly said:
Thaiday going for the kneecaps of a Player in the air is news worthy. The NRL were very strict on it all year and lets remind them of the consistency required.
Thaiday is a hairy grub.

DSM5 said:
They both have nothing to worry about. I thought Thaiday's tackle on DCE was deserving of report, but then again I'm biased. T Rex's tackle was over the shoulders and Matai was attempting to get out of this contact. Nothing to worry about.
Thank you dsm5.Could the rest of you with all the negativity stop making it sound so dramatic the suspense is already killing me.

I have a gut feeling that once the media get hold of it one player will be sacrificed and one will get off.

Guys the judiciary was even handed in the "battle of Brookvale" they weren't influenced by media - I am certain the same will apply. For what it is worth matai no case to answer and Williams grade 1 in line with every other high tackle in the finals

It would be a tragedy if either player missed the gf because of those incidents.

I'd love to know how T-rex's record looks. If he's on zero, an early guilty plea and an incident free record would see him beat even a grade 2 charge.

Matai on the other hand, will probably mis the GF in my opinion. He's definately got carry over points and a grade 1 will probably see him go. Realistically, regardless of intent, his knees injured a player trying to score a try. I don't see how they can't charge him.

MatIls knees didnt do any damage, they hit the ground a long wayfrom the player, it was thighs that hit the player not knees!!!

If Matai was charged for THAT Slater would be suspended for eternity. Have seen Slater lead with boots , Knees ect & usually passed off as a great attempt to prevent the try - definately dangerous but not interested in double standards at this time of year.

Personally Matai will get screwed over for that one! I vaguely remember Slater being suspended for something like that a couple of seasons ago. Does anyone else remember what that one was like?

T-Rex hopefully will be okay. He looked dangerous again last night. I find it strange that Yow Yeh looked like he had been knocked out and couldn't move to 1 minute later almost scoring a try. A bit of acting in the T-Rex incident I think. I wonder if the judiciary ever takes that into account.

Ray Warren said on MMM just now that T-Rex has no points and even with a grade 2 would still be ok for the grand final.

Matai has heaps of loading from non similar offences which is all crap as it means you keep getting punished over and over for past incidents.

The Matai thing was just an accident. I can't even see on the video how Yow Yeh possibly got injured to the extent that he was carrying on the way he was.

I thought at first he must have got winded but now I wonder if he was just milking the whole time. No way was it knees.

Then when giving the penalty Maxwell yelled at Matai something about you used knees and look what it did to Yow Yeh.

Matai won't be guilty of kneeing as his knees didn't apply any force to Yow Yeh and I can't even see on video where his knees touch him at all.

I'd love to see both get off as there really wasn't much in either incident. However if the worst case scenario happens and we lose both then they can be covered. Hoppa moves to centre and Oldie on the wing, then Glen and Darcy back to cover for T-Rex.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens. If either are suspended I'll be dissapointed for them but in terms of how it will effect the team as a whole.. They'll still be a formidable team with the replacements.

I recall Hayne being let off for sliding knees into the head of an opponent in a semi and being able to play for Parra in the GF. So the precedent has already been set.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/jarryd-hayne-in-doubt-for-grand-final-after-being-reported-in-win-over-dogs/story-fn2mcuj6-1225779817166

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/jarryd-hayne-cleared-to-play-in-grand-final/story-e6frep66-1225780084058

I can't see T Rex getting a grade 3. It looked pretty bad but not intentional. We'd really miss him in the GF. I didn't think there was much in what Matai did so he should be ok.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2