Just ducking watch this. It's what we need.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just saw on the injury suspension list at NRL.COM that we have EIGHT players out, 7 injured 1 suspended.

Broncos have 1 ( Aaron Whitchurch ......and who's he??)

Cowboys have zero

This has largely been the case all year , so just like we managed to do in 2007-8 they are using very few players and running out the same team week in week out.

It's no wonder they are 1/2

But do you blame that on the coaching staff (not only Barrett of course) or the fact that we have many new players, and every week due to injury / suspension we field an almost different team.

Compare that to the Cowboys as an example, their team hardly changes week in, week out......of sure they have some world class players at the top of their game BUT for whatever reason they aren't getting injured and rarely get suspended.

I think our woes are partially related to a new coaching group (blind Freddy can see many things that should be changed, ie the Walker experiment after 10 rounds seems to have failed), but I think a fair part of the situation we see ourselves in relates to the instability of the side through injury and now suspension.
I was just looking at the injuries list of All the teams and surprise, surprise, surprise the teams with the least injuries were
Cowboys with NO injuries and Brisbane and Cronulla with one each. The ones with many injuries were Manly, Newcastle and a few others. Injuries have impacted on our performances this year and last year too and until we get a team that is settled for a few weeks then we really don't know how our team is travelling.
By the way even though we played like a team that didn't know one another last week if we had had a bit of luck go our way we could have been 18 - 12 up at half time. What would people be saying now if that was the case. Sometimes teams just need a bit of luck going their way and we just didn't have any in the first half.

Last edited:
I'm sorry that some disagree with me ( but understand you have an opinion also) but I think the above figures confirm its a combination of issues, not just short turnarounds , not just injuries and certainly not just coaching.

However in saying that I too am aghast at how the coaching team can't see what we can see.

We are not experts BUT between us we have a lot of years watching the game in general and this team.

And there's no doubt Walkers not a 5/8, and without a regular 5/8 our half is struggling big time.

When Tafua comes back ( still 3 rounds away) I'd move Lyon to 5/8, Walker and Wright to centre, and Horhay back to Wing.

If Jamie doesn't want to play there if I was coach I'd put my foot down and say " maaaaate you have to do it for the team and the fans".

And for 2017 I'd be looking at young Nicho Hynes or try and buy whomever , even if only as a short term fix.

@Mark from Brisbane I think that Jorge has long been seen by the club as a ready made replacement for Skivy in the centres. Wright being at the club will obviously see one of them playing wing.

I think most of us agree that Walker should be in the centres and Killer at 5/8. The stumbling blocks seem to be Killer's reluctance to play anywhere other than at centre and Baz and Bozo having talked up Walker so much as a pivot that it would be admitting failure to swap them around. But I 100% agree, Barrett is the coach it should be up to him and captain or not, Killer is just a player.

Whether some want to believe it or not, if we had someone like Des Hasler coaching this team, the Walker at pivot experiment would have ended a month ago.

The more Walker plays at 5/8 and the longer Snake is out (or plays) injured, the more pressure that puts on DCE and as Corey Parker said after Saturday night's game, playing a side with only one play maker makes them easier to defend because its predictable where the ball is going to go, especially late in the tackle count.

@HoldenV8 During the past 4 years or so, Skivvy and Killer between them have missed probably 40-50 games. Not once in that time has Jorge ever been moved into centre. If it was gonna happen, it woulda happened.

You are right, Jorge hasn't played centre during any time that Killer and Skivy have missed games. But I don't think he is seen as a long term winger.

Hasler built our dynasty pure and simple. The board if i can remember put him on some kind of point system for performance, when all he was looking for was an upgrade . He was getting us to finals and 2007 grand final before the heroics of 08 and to those bludgers it still wasn't good enough. In a way des could of went about it in other ways, but without knowing the man personally, we dont know how the bloke was treated . Des spat it with them and took a player or 2 and tried to get foran as well , but thats past and business sadly and i would take him back i a heart beat to build our dynasty once again.
Yes he built it but then did his best to destroy it after he left!

Yes he built it but then did his best to destroy it after he left!
Well thats what we think but dont know the actual facts . Maybe he did , but manly treated him like **** as far as i know, anyway the buggar could coach and he suited us big time.

You are right, Jorge hasn't played centre during any time that Killer and Skivy have missed games. But I don't think he is seen as a long term winger.

Are we talking about Jorge Taufua who has played on the wing for 5 years?

Well thats what we think but dont know the actual facts . Maybe he did , but manly treated him like **** as far as i know, anyway the buggar could coach and he suited us big time.
He left a disaster behind with the salary cap. Took half of our coaching staff. Got caught red handed offering jobs at the bulldogs to the coaching staff. Actively targeted players like foran and later Tom turbo and signed with them and ruined any chance to celebrate the premiership the team won. Yes our club was dysfunctional and made mistakes but he did manly a lot of damage!

**** i forgot about all that , piss him off . All jokes aside he could coach and i wouldn't think manly would welcome him back but anything is possible with bozo there.

**** i forgot about all that , piss him off . All jokes aside he could coach and i wouldn't think manly would welcome him back but anything is possible with bozo there.
Are Bozo & Desmond good friends?

Just saw on the injury suspension list at NRL.COM that we have EIGHT players out, 7 injured 1 suspended.

Broncos have 1 ( Aaron Whitchurch ......and who's he??)

Cowboys have zero

This has largely been the case all year , so just like we managed to do in 2007-8 they are using very few players and running out the same team week in week out.

It's no wonder they are 1/2
That's what consistent 7-day turnarounds will do for you.

Don't want Hasler back

Also good to see everyone writing off a coach after 10 games.....
Hasler can fark off permanently as far as I'm concerned. Apparently everyone forgets his narcissistic attitude after the 2011 GF. The players couldn't even celebrate coz apparently it was all about precious little Des and his mutiny to the Dogs. He's not welcome and can piss off.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8