Kaeo Weekes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I was at the game, I saw how well Jake Toby played for Blacktown, I believe he deserves a go if Turbo is not playing. He did so well today and consistently shone when the workers team were rubbish and now stands out as that team is taking big strides forward!
He deserves his chance. He is a late bloomer too, so he will treat every game like its his last.

Unfortunately Weekes is just not up to first grade yet and that sin bin really wrecked the game for us before it even started..

But how frustrating is it that year on year we have to discuss who is the best replacement for Turbo. 55 games out of a possible 111 over the last 5 years for a player on well over a million bucks a year. And we’ve only really seen him let go and have a real crack this year on yep, the 2 games on the weekend of Origin selection

Getting terrible value for money here but hey if he wants to play in losing Origin series instead of giving back to the club that’s been so patient with him and flew him over to the US then that’s on him. Just feel bad for his older brother who clearly lives and breathes the club, but the reality is it’s highly unlikely either of them are ever going to win a premiership

Parramatta were camped in our half for most of the game so not much young weekes can do about that. Sin binning hurt us badly and he certainly needs to get that garbage out of his game. I think he is more suited to the halves or the centres as a back up.

The sin bin cost us a lot so id give him a fail ust based on that but on the question of whether he is the best turbo back up, I don't think he was anywhere near our worst player last night. Try saving tackle chasing down their left edge. Good involvement in our only try.

Parramatta were camped in our half for most of the game so not much young weekes can do about that. Sin binning hurt us badly and he certainly needs to get that garbage out of his game. I think he is more suited to the halves or the centres as a back up.
Am I the only one that thinks the penalty was milked. He had his foot set and the Parra player kicked his left foot out to feign a trip

Weekes clearly hung his left arm out, whilst looking at the Parra player.

In the modern game, it was an easy decision for the ref/bunker.
Yep, the fact that he “did not go on with it” was never gonna get him out of 10 in the bin…

Weekes is a quality footy player
Anyone doubting him based on recent performance is fair game
But make no mistake, at Msnly or another NRL side, he will see plenty of top grade and be a dangerous player in years to come
He's just not ready ATM.
I think we are asked Ng too much of him for where his development is at.
Wish he'd stayed at 14.

No mate I'm pretty sure the bunker mentioned that he impeded him by throwing his arm out
Amazing how often throwing an arm out doesn't stop a player when they have the ball.
Imagine if the poor guy did that effort when someone had the ball and was running at him.

Yes I rewatched and note the commentary - but a sin bin for a lazy arm is harsh (yes modern game) but how did the lazy arm cause the trip and fall to the ground?

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8