Kaeo Weekes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Weekes is not a fullback. I believe his only chance of being a regular NRL-standard player is as a half or 5/8.
He didn’t look interested at all …..and all the hype we have created about him has gone out the window real quick. Absolutely never competed for any high ball - not a fullback this guy and we will have to put Garrick back there next game.

And to think, he was one of this busload of apparent Messiah's that we have coming through.

TBH I am more on the side of he's just not ready for first grade as yet, but has been thrown into the deep end this year so far.

As others have pointed out, and even myself in that post, he's played umpteen different positions hasn't been able to settle. He's also been on the bench and as an unused 18th man. I agree that he needs a month or so at Blacktown just playing one position (probably fullback) to get some confidence back.

What skills and attributes?

He is reasonably elusive, however as you can see with Koula, being elusive and fast is not a instant recipe for centre success.
He can't tackle, certainly won't be able to slide in defense . He can't break tackles one on one and does not posses the " hard " run off the line.

Hopefully in time he will get these, but he is not first grade standard atm.

As we see with the maligned Parker, his one on one defense is exceptional as is his hard runs and runs into gaps - unfortunately he is a bit slow both in attack and laterally in defense.
We have different opinions & that's not a problem, but please keep watching him develop once he gets a chance. Weekes has great pace, balance, good hands & vision. He's young & his body will grow & his defence will improve.
Parker is a fan favourite, tries hard & runs good lines, however he's also slow, can't turn & chase & has bad hands. He has just two line breaks this year & one all last year.
Koula has been given an opportunity & has proven to be an upcoming quality centre & he'll also improve over time.

We have different opinions & that's not a problem, but please keep watching him develop once he gets a chance. Weekes has great pace, balance, good hands & vision. He's young & his body will grow & his defence will improve.
Parker is a fan favourite, tries hard & runs good lines, however he's also slow, can't turn & chase & has bad hands. He has just two line breaks this year & one all last year.
Koula has been given an opportunity & has proven to be an upcoming quality centre & he'll also improve over time.
Parker has peaked. Koula has upside.

Karen W should be let go. Trouble is, there's no club that'll want him. For any money at all. He needs to do work experience at the Raiders or somewhere.

Karen is NOT a 1st grader. Pure and simple. Can barely think of a worse FB for the club over these last 56 years.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6