Kane Evans being shopped to Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
They haven't had a Chinese restaurant at the leagues club since the 80s.

Come to think of it the beginning of the end for the leagues club was scrapping the Chinese. And the $1 Saturday fried brekkies
What about doing away with the disco? That must have been in the late 1970s?

Queensland country towns are about the most non-multicultural places on the planet. Jaws drop if someone says sushi.
Exotic food would be welcome. Not that it's all that exotic but you've made me want a kebab.

Do you mean this kind of kebab
bacon-scallop1.jpg

Or this kind (we call them a Yiros in South Australia ;) )
gallerypic11.jpg

My little town has 3 pubs of course but no bakery or Chinese restaurant.
This really sucks as I love pies, sausage rolls, all kinds of cakes and Chinese food.

Sounds like that town is doing your waistline a favour!!!

Even we have pies and sausage rolls over here. :) One pie shop in particular is great. Still to find sausage roll awesomeness though.

One thing I cant believe is the there is no chinese food either...boooooo!

Especially when we are kind of a resort/tourist town and an hour away is a big city with a very large Chinese population!

I've resorted to buying some from a place I like 2 and a half hours away...or even *gasp* cooking some myself! (blech)

Ummmmm

Yeah....Kane Evans, he'd go alright.

I do a fair bit of western QLD travel in my caravan, and can agree with @niccipops many small places on there are devoid of anything other than pub food, and not that fancy mancy pub food like we get in the city , Bangers and Mash, Works burgers , T-Bone chips and salad, that's about the standard fare.

By the way Nicci where are you actually living working these days?

No bakery, sounds pretty remote @niccipops. The things we take for granted.

I scoped the town when I learned I'd be working there. Town sign displayed there was a bakery - small party going on in my head and stomach. By the time I moved there. alas, the sign had been blotted out with paint.:speechless:

Do you mean this kind of kebab
bacon-scallop1.jpg

Or this kind (we call them a Yiros in South Australia ;) )
gallerypic11.jpg
Option 2 and I always have mine with cheese - delicious!

Even we have pies and sausage rolls over here. :) One pie shop in particular is great. Still to find sausage roll awesomeness though.

Ummmmm
I feel your pain but at least you have PIES!
As for Kane Evans, I can't understand why people are talking footy in this food thread?:p

I do a fair bit of western QLD travel in my caravan, and can agree with @niccipops many small places on there are devoid of anything other than pub food, and not that fancy mancy pub food like we get in the city , Bangers and Mash, Works burgers , T-Bone chips and salad, that's about the standard fare.

By the way Nicci where are you actually living working these days?
Somerset Region. Approx 140K North-West of Brisbane. Farming country, Bronco land :sick: and not a multicultural person within a 100k radius. As for pub meals being boring they're also giant and can feed a woman for about 3 meals - good for the budget.
There's plenty of wildlife which I love and the locals shoot, lol. My little kids bring in bullet casings for Show and Tell.
3pm this afternoon - holidays! Exotic food ahead.:party:

Especially when we are kind of a resort/tourist town and an hour away is a big city with a very large Chinese population!

I've resorted to buying some from a place I like 2 and a half hours away...or even *gasp* cooking some myself! (blech)

Ummmmm

A good pie in Canada !! ,Do they ship throughout BC ?
(This could be the most important post of the off season)

Kebab world in Dee Why after a game has been a great tradition amongst my mates. Nothing says class like sitting on the steps out front while munching a badly packed kebab, garlic and chilli sauce dribbling down your chin, all while washing it down with a cheeky crowny.

Back in the day, that was a great place to visit after a night at The Venue and then on to Jade's.....

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2