Kapow Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I really feel bad for saying this given his impeccable character and service to the club over a long period but i hope Ballin goes

He's just not dynamic enough to play hooker today, i mean sure we could shove him to the backrow but we have so much back row it's not even funny, even after losing 2 legends of the position

I really feel bad for saying this given his impeccable character and service to the club over a long period but i hope Ballin goes

He's just not dynamic enough to play hooker today, i mean sure we could shove him to the backrow but we have so much back row it's not even funny, even after losing 2 legends of the position
He has a lot to offer off the field, whether it be as a trainer, conditioner, coach or administrator. He's a great clubman.

He has a lot to offer off the field, whether it be as a trainer, conditioner, coach or administrator. He's a great clubman.
Agreed but he's not about to retire and join the training staff. In the meantime he is chewing up cap space in a position for which we now have 200 great candidates.

He's up there with Beaver and Tooves as a clubman no doubt

But he isn't retired yet so he can't do the off field stuff we need of him

@cherry_poppins I don't always agree with you but what you say re MB is 100% spot on.

The two absolutely outstanding club men in my years running the MWTS were Kite & Ballin, both knew how important the fans are.

However , and very sadly so, the game has moved on and MB despite his fantastic work rate and crisp passing is well behind a player like Jake Granville.

I don't want them all to leave at once but we have to know that it's almost time for our last four " legends", only time will tell how much longer each one can remain competitive.

The Tigers is the perfect place for Ballin.With Farah leaving ,thats a lot of tackles needed.
Ballin playing there will save those two young speedhump halves.

With the geniuses in charge, we'll probably end up with Farah, because as we all know, we really need Hookers (no, not the kind from Oxford St).

I have to agree with regards to Matt.

A greater clubman there's not, but nothing lasts forever. It'll be tough watching him wear different colours but he's to good for reggies.

That's the domain of balloon boy Hodges.

I still see us getting screwed. Once Farrah goes tigers have way more cash to throw at Kapow.

He may have signed with us in 2017.

But tigers pretty sure given it is more than a year away tigers still have a right of reply?

is it still June 30 2016? or did that completely go away with the 10 day cooling off period?

It's fair enough that the club wants to head in a different direction than Ballin but I'd like to know who was the person responsible for extending his contract. The club is at fault here not the player.
I don't blame him if he refuses to leave.

Yep, wondering that myself.....and not only 'who' but why?

I don't blame Matty at all for standing his ground.

If Kapow is who they let go you would think they would want a prop or back rower. I will be real surprised if they let both Farrah and Kapow go. Two rep forwards at once?

It all about dollars and fitting both under there cap.

I can see BJ being the swap. They will only want Ballin if Farrah gets moved on.

Mania Cherrington is on the kiwi tour. He is now a rep player and you would expect his pay just increased. Yet another head ache for the Tigers.

Tigers have signed Mcconaghy and another forward from Ipswich Jets.
According to Courier Mail.

Personally I could see Bird being a direct swap for Steve Matai happening before Kapow for next year.

Sharks wanted Bird to play centre. They need a world class centre. We want a five eight.

I have to agree. As much as I would hate to see Steve in different colours, our side would be so much better if that happened. It would solve our 'too many first grade quality backs' issue and would give us a pivot to DCE.

Last edited:
  • 🤝
Reactions: Ben
Yep, wondering that myself.....and not only 'who' but why?

I don't blame Matty at all for standing his ground.
I believe the "why" was because we were playing ****, both halves were leaving and we were heading to Albury and they wanted some good news.

If Kapow is who they let go you would think they would want a prop or back rower. I will be real surprised if they let both Farrah and Kapow go. Two rep forwards at once?

It all about dollars and fitting both under there cap.

I can see BJ being the swap. They will only want Ballin if Farrah gets moved on.

Mania Cherrington is on the kiwi tour. He is now a rep player and you would expect his pay just increased. Yet another head ache for the Tigers.
Heard a little whisper it may be Luke Burgess! Wouldn't that be wonderful!

Don't know if this has been said on this forum yet but just checked on ask the lurker dude and he said taupau is definitely going to be at manly 16 or 17 and manly is putting the pressure on . He wants there now. Sounds good if you believe I suppose.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10