Keep Parker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Holmsey

Bencher
When Walker returns he can move back to his spot and Parker can move to the other centre spot. He has been excellent today, especially in defence, shut down some deadly backs including Inglis. Also has great dummy half running in our own half. Tired his heart out all day. Kelly moves to wing and Uate gets dropped or vice-versa but Parker has to stay in the centres.

Parker has not put a foot wrong (barring that dropped ball when he injured himself in a tackle last year) on every occasion he's played firsts. He has really impressed and earned his position. I really hope Baz has the foresight and guts to keep him in, and not just automatically assume he goes back down when Walks is back.

Uate out, Parker onto his wing.

Uate was junk in the back half of last year and he’s been worse than junk to start this season.
Yes, once the motivation to show Oldcastle the error of their ways ebbed, the old ‘confidence player’ lacking in confidence returned.

Kelly retains his spot, Parker can fight Uate or Jorge for a wing position.

Tackling Inglis was great, making line breaks or offloads isn't there.

I suggested last week that Parker was given accolades that were undeserved. However this week he deserves the accolades in buckets. Behind a losing pack he was one of the few backs who shone. Kelly had a poor game, but he's been a positive in his first two games. Uate I believe is past his used by date. I would bring young Tom Wright in on the wing. I'm also not so far impressed with Croker. He's got potential but I think he needs more time with the Reggies. I would bring in Hastings, because he adds enthusiasm and creates things. I suspect the forwards had an off day because of last week's heat. I dont think they were over it

I would agree that Parker takes Uates spot if I am coach when Walker returns and personally he was playing centre with Walks to start the year last year and this year if both were injury free but Kelly has played well enough to keep his spot. Also Parker is much better under the high ball than both.

Best defensive centre at the club.

I suggested last week that Parker was given accolades that were undeserved. However this week he deserves the accolades in buckets. Behind a losing pack he was one of the few backs who shone. Kelly had a poor game, but he's been a positive in his first two games. Uate I believe is past his used by date. I would bring young Tom Wright in on the wing. I'm also not so far impressed with Croker. He's got potential but I think he needs more time with the Reggies. I would bring in Hastings, because he adds enthusiasm and creates things. I suspect the forwards had an off day because of last week's heat. I dont think they were over it

Do agree we looked to be suffering from last week. I didn't think Croker was that bad tonight (best of the spine but that is not very hard), there were a few things where the timing or enthusiasm of the players around him let him down. His grubber that looked far too hard off the boot was actually borderline, if Uate has looked in and chased instead of being f***ing lazy then it would probably have been a repeat set as the kick curved and ran along the dead ball line for a decent time. His defence was very good, that one on one tackle on Chriton should have saved the day but then Cheery f***ed it coming in again.

Yep ....on today Parker for Uate.
Uate plays well when Manly are free flowing and dominating, but when the heat is on - dropped balls and worst still, bad reads in defence giving his opposite an easy run to the line.

Do agree we looked to be suffering from last week. I didn't think Croker was that bad tonight (best of the spine but that is not very hard), there were a few things where the timing or enthusiasm of the players around him let him down. His grubber that looked far too hard off the boot was actually borderline, if Uate has looked in and chased instead of being f***ing lazy then it would probably have been a repeat set as the kick curved and ran along the dead ball line for a decent time. His defence was very good, that one on one tackle on Chriton should have saved the day but then Cheery f***ed it coming in again.
Croker was poor tonight, his kicks were about as useful as Aaron Woods. His last tackle options all together were the quality of a front rower and his passes may aswell been toward the other end of the team. He has been average so far, and it has been covered up by last weeks team performance.

Croker was poor tonight, his kicks were about as useful as Aaron Woods. His last tackle options all together were the quality of a front rower and his passes may aswell been toward the other end of the team. He has been average so far, and it has been covered up by last weeks team performance.

So to translate turbo talk he is going well

When Walker returns he can move back to his spot and Parker can move to the other centre spot. He has been excellent today, especially in defence, shut down some deadly backs including Inglis. Also has great dummy half running in our own half. Tired his heart out all day. Kelly moves to wing and Uate gets dropped or vice-versa but Parker has to stay in the centres.
He was very good today. Strong defence and strong running

Parker was good but I don't think he's better than any of our starting outside backs yet.

We lost today in the forwards and the halves. The forwards laid an average platform and the halves did nothing to build pressure. I am happy to chalk it up to the team forgetting to come out of the sheds after the Parramatta win, and hopefully they have learned some hard lessons from it.

Uate's useful when manly are on. He's never been diabolical for us, not even close, although he doesn't contirbute as much when we are in the dips of the rollercoaster. He's still got plenty to give, although needs to be less selective about when he wants to give it. His game develops as the season progresses. Good for team morale when he's out there

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8