Keiran Foran's Injury

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
HappilyManly said:
I couldn't believe that Manly made him walk back after the injury. It could have been a fracture - where was the vehicle :huh:

But Kieran did walk about after half time on the sideline.

I thought the same thing at first but on the replay they showed Kieran pushing the trainer away. Still not ideal to have him walking on it when they had no idea what was wrong, but if he was happy to try & run (or hobble) it out then it can't have been too serious.

I assume that Ballins cut is the same one opening up week after week ??

Just heard in fox sports that Melbourne afl player Liam jarrah is out for 6 weeks with a low grade high ankle sprain. That scares me
When they said foz's was high.

1 of the All Blacks did the same on the weekend and they are talking about 6 week as well

I did notice with Foran at halftime that they had the doc with him getting him to jump up and down on 1 leg, which would suggest it wasnt too bad, although I did spot the doc shaking his head

From manly twitter

Latest scans on Foz's ankle show minor damage but medical staff have to wait for the swelling to go down before making a full assessment.

HappilyManly said:
I couldn't believe that Manly made him walk back after the injury. It could have been a fracture - where was the vehicle :huh:

He would have been happy to see Liam's amazing kick for Matai's try :)

I agree - very poor and he no ice on the injury for the first 80 mins of the injury. Syndiscmosis injuries are deceiving because you can walk on them. They take twice as long to recover from then ankle ligament tears below the ankle.

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
HappilyManly said:

I agree - very poor and he no ice on the injury for the first 80 mins of the injury. Syndiscmosis injuries are deceiving because you can walk on them. They take twice as long to recover from then ankle ligament tears below the ankle.

Isn't syndesmosis accompanied by ankle fractures most of the time?

Good chance he will need surgery too if it's what they think it is.

I was looking forward to both Forans being on the field and seeing them play together. Hopefully this week against the Panthers.

Andy1972
Manly Forever.

Andy 1972 said:
I was looking forward to both Forans being on the field and seeing them play together. Hopefully this week against the Panthers.

Andy1972
Manly Forever.

I very much doubt Kfoz will be playing this week.

mickqld said:
Andy 1972 said:

Andy1972
Manly Forever.

Ive stopped caring if he plays or not,to much stress lol

The Eagle said:
mickqld said:
Andy 1972 said:

Andy1972
Manly Forever.

Ive stopped caring if he plays or not,to much stress lol

With Liam doing a good job im not too worried if he misses another few weeks. Will be great once he is back though!

Napper said:
ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
HappilyManly said:

Not in my experiences

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
Napper said:
ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
HappilyManly said:

Not in my experiences

Thank f***.

Liam has been doing great. He looks to be taking the ball to the defensive line with more confidence as he gets more game time and his kicking game has been awesome.

It depends on the injury/person.

I did mine 3 weeks ago, as Ernie said they are deceiving because you can walk/run on the ankle. I played the rest of the game (only touch footy) so probably 15 minutes.

It swelled up real bad that night and the next day and the swelling started to go after about 4 days. I played the week after and while it was uncomfortable I could still move freely enough. Again it swelled up nicely the next day but a couple of days later it was fine.

I can still feel it slightly but its not causing me any issues. All up i'd say 3-4 weeks before mine will be 100%

I say rest K Foz for this Sunday at least. I've had plenty of sport related ankle injuries over the years & some can be tricky to quickly overcome.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7