Kelma Tuilagi

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Didn't know Tuilagi's contract was all hush hush WAMF, it all sounds very X file-ish, all's that's missing is the smoking guy.
giphy.gif

Good recruitment is a tough gig. We see different things when we watch younger players and a lot has to do with the chemistry that player develops with the senior coaches. Kelma has been one of those players that doesn't stay in the game for 80 minutes and can be a turnstile in defence at times. He did pick his game up when he came from back from injury but his defence was still suspect. We will see if Arthur can get him focussed for 80 minutes.

Last edited:
Good recruitment is a tough gig. We see different things when we watch younger players and a lot has to do with the chemistry that player develops with the senior coaches. Kelma has been one of those players that doesn't stay in the game for 80 minutes and can be a turnstile in defence at times. He did pick his game up when he came from back from injury but his defence was still suspect. We will see if Arthur can get him focussed for 80 minutes.
yeah, the only good games he had was the P re season trials and the comeback game after his facial injury, and I'm afraid that's all she wrote.

Yes I do. I had it confirmed yesterday. Of course, I could name the person but them this would be last bit of insider info I get. I know many other things I cannot/ will not publish.
My last tip on this forum was Flannagan being signed as assistant coach, well before anything was made public. Plenty chose to doubt that too.
Take it or leave it. I'm not fussed if people don't want to believe.
Kelma was signed as a starting back rower by Des for 3 seasons. I will leave it there.

Can you hint if there is any other good news signings on the horizon without giving too much away?

I love to hear insider news about the club but @WAMF is quite right, if your source finds you've blabbed the confidential news on a public site that may be the last tip you get, same if you name your source who would then be in trouble for leaking club info! :eek:
For this reason I always take these tips with a grain of salt, without any slight intended to the passer-oner, simply that they aren't verifiable, but it's nice to have them and hold onto the thought they may be right, or 95% likely to be right, etc etc.
Of course the other thing is, different 'insiders' may pass on conflicting tip-offs to different people, such as here with WAMF and Jay, other times correct info may be correct at the time but things change and suddenly the news is out of date and now wrong.

Anyway personally I enjoy hearing it all, going right back to @Ryan and the notorious cafe! :)
All adds to the ST experience so keep any inside tips coming, love it!

I love to hear insider news about the club but @WAMF is quite right, if your source finds you've blabbed the confidential news on a public site that may be the last tip you get, same if you name your source who would then be in trouble for leaking club info! :eek:
For this reason I always take these tips with a grain of salt, without any slight intended to the passer-oner, simply that they aren't verifiable, but it's nice to have them and hold onto the thought they may be right, or 95% likely to be right, etc etc.
Of course the other thing is, different 'insiders' may pass on conflicting tip-offs to different people, such as here with WAMF and Jay, other times correct info may be correct at the time but things change and suddenly the news is out of date and now wrong.

Anyway personally I enjoy hearing it all, going right back to @Ryan and the notorious cafe! :)
All adds to the ST experience so keep any inside tips coming, love it!
Remember the hell I copped here for daring to suggest that Choc was potentially going to the Eels, and Foz was following him out the door? And they are openly talking about it at a restaurant / cafe.

Completely slammed by everyone on Silvertails and mocked. Neck minute.....what do you know.

They were also talking about Brett Stewart to The Raiders at the time ! I'd be interested to ask him if I ever get the chance how close that became to being a realistic situation !

At least with Foz, some people did come around and admit I let everyone know before the **** literally hit the fan as it happened.

But that's where I completely swore off telling Silvertails (even my close buddies - who I love btw) absolutely anything. It's just not worth it.

Recently, I did tell people about Weekes extending with us for 12 months (which I actually think still did happen prior to his release which is strange).....and kicked myself for doing so.

Also, I shared some info I had recently about Matt Lodge, and people on Silvertails threatened that the club should take up legal action against me hahahaha. How DARE I tell the truth ! People are stupid.

So that was the final straw for me. Nada, zero, zilch. Not opening myself up for people to just abuse, mock, ridicule and threaten. People can hear **** after the fact now as far as I'm concerned.

Anyways, that's where I'm at.

Remember the hell I copped here for daring to suggest that Choc was potentially going to the Eels, and Foz was following him out the door? And they are openly talking about it at a restaurant / cafe.

Completely slammed by everyone on Silvertails and mocked. Neck minute.....what do you know.

They were also talking about Brett Stewart to The Raiders at the time ! I'd be interested to ask him if I ever get the chance how close that became to being a realistic situation !

At least with Foz, some people did come around and admit I let everyone know before the **** literally hit the fan as it happened.

But that's where I completely swore off telling Silvertails (even my close buddies - who I love btw) absolutely anything. It's just not worth it.

Recently, I did tell people about Weekes extending with us for 12 months (which I actually think still did happen prior to his release which is strange).....and kicked myself for doing so.

Also, I shared some info I had recently about Matt Lodge, and people on Silvertails threatened that the club should take up legal action against me hahahaha. How DARE I tell the truth ! People are stupid.

So that was the final straw for me. Nada, zero, zilch. Not opening myself up for people to just abuse, mock, ridicule and threaten. People can hear **** after the fact now as far as I'm concerned.

Don't blame you at all. I'm sure I didn't abuse you, but from memory I was probably one who found the story hard to swallow at the time. Personally I still love to hear all the rumours, if someone wants to say "I heard it from a good source close to the club" all the better, but still doesn't guarantee everyone will believe it.
I reserve the right to believe the ones I like and hope like hell the others are untrue. @:D

I'm always intrigued that such 'inside' information is gathered at a cafe/restaurant. Have you ever considered that such 'information' is intended to be leaked?
If you want to keep something secret you don't blurt it out in a public forum. It's the first lesson you learn at KGB School!

Hey @Ryan, was it you also that got the misdirected contract fax?

I bet both Harper and Tuilagi go to another level at The Eels, because this is their last chance saloon type of move.
For their sakes (not Eels sake) I hope they do, they both have some ability, just not the right fit for Manly's squad right now.
For some reason I'm reminded of Ligi Sao, promising young prop we got from NZ, ended up going to England, and many years later I thought he was a stand-out in Samoa making the World Cup final. Different journeys.

Harper Kelma and Woods are all a NO vote for me
The Eels can take all three and we can throw in Parker for free

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8