Keppie told to leave, replaced by Tigers Alex Twal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don't get the rationale of continually buying players from the wooden spooners

Happy to get rid of Keppie if we are signing someone like Koloamatangi

But Alex Twat Seriously is that the best we can do

Looks like Seibold wants Blacktown to win the comp next year

I don't get the rationale of continually buying players from the wooden spooners

Happy to get rid of Keppie if we are signing someone like Koloamatangi

But Alex Twat Seriously is that the best we can do

Looks like Seibold wants Blacktown to win the comp next year
100%

I'm not sold on Keppie, he does some of the stupidest things on the football field, but we replace him with Twal? (if this is true).

Club must be fairly confident or expectant of having Lodge available fora reasonable portion of next season if they are contemplating letting Keppie go
Then again in the pecking order on present indications , Paseka , Sipley , Bully and even a fit and focused Alioia would be rated ahead of Keppie . Then the likelihood of Jake reverting to a prop role either on a more permanent basis or for big minutes similar to the 13 situation with Dylan Walker previously .
In that instance even the Lodge factor maybe not the most relevant consideration then .
Really have not noticed a lot of Alex Twal , apparently steady and reliable in the Kurt De Luis style of play .
Keppie can have his moments in a positive sense but maybe just not consistent and regular enough to maintain some preference over some of the other prop contenders and hardly in favor towards season 's end .
Certainly some reprioritizing in the Manly playing ranks , still have some reservations with Tommy Talau but will just have to wait and see with player movements in general and net benefit or otherwise in the final washup .

I actually like this idea, Twal is super dependable and offers a lot more than Keppie, if the changeover in Salary Cap isn't much different I think we should take Twal with open arms.

Twal Stats,

ATTACK​

TACKLE BREAKS - 29
AVERAGE HIT UPS - 10.4
POST CONTACT METRES - 831.7

PASSING​

OFFLOADS - 14

DEFENCE​

TACKLES MADE - 692
TACKLE EFFICIENCY - 98.4%

RUNNING METRES​

AVERAGE RUNNING METRES - 106
TOTAL RUNNING METRES - 2342
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keppie Stats

ATTACK​

TACKLE BREAKS - 22
AVERAGE HIT UPS - 8.3
POST CONTACT METRES - 747

PASSING​

OFFLOADS - 5

DEFENCE​

TACKLES MADE - 475
TACKLE EFFICIENCY - 90.3

RUNNING METRES​

AVERAGE RUNNING METRES - 90
TOTAL RUNNING METRES - 1810

Cant Speak Nathan Fillion GIF

Maybe siebold just wants no frills no risk front rowers to get yardage and then we can use schu, Mole, Dce , brooks , Garrick, koula and Tommy really well once a good platform has been laid.

It does have some merit in it. I like keppie a lot however he has a lot of errors in his game.

I think Twal is low-frills dependable which has its advantages… Keppie is the girl-with-the-curl with regards to impact…

We cannot afford Kaeloamotongi (pretty sure I mucked that up) unless we get rid of Aloiai (who no one would take on any decent coin)…

At least the coaching staff are prepared to try something because our approach of the last few years is not working and blokes like Keppie have not improved… Paseka and Sips have a bit, but Keppie no…

Club must be fairly confident or expectant of having Lodge available fora reasonable portion of next season if they are contemplating letting Keppie go
Then again in the pecking order on present indications , Paseka , Sipley , Bully and even a fit and focused Alioia would be rated ahead of Keppie . Then the likelihood of Jake reverting to a prop role either on a more permanent basis or for big minutes similar to the 13 situation with Dylan Walker previously .
In that instance even the Lodge factor maybe not the most relevant consideration then .
Really have not noticed a lot of Alex Twal , apparently steady and reliable in the Kurt De Luis style of play .
Keppie can have his moments in a positive sense but maybe just not consistent and regular enough to maintain some preference over some of the other prop contenders and hardly in favor towards season 's end .
Certainly some reprioritizing in the Manly playing ranks , still have some reservations with Tommy Talau but will just have to wait and see with player movements in general and net benefit or otherwise in the final washup .
Lodge has been out since early August, and say it's a 9mth rehab probably looking at a return around early April all going well. Maybe out for the first 4 games which isn't that long at all.

Yeah,I don't know what to make of this.

I really like Keppie but as others have said he really hasn't improved since his first year. His ceiling is much higher than Twals, but I guess how long can Manly hope a guy will play to that each week and he doesnt do it consistently?

Crazy.. I actually thought Keppie's last 2-3 games were his best performances for our Club albeit against Average opposition.. I think he is a confidence player.

Plodders like Woods and Twal want get us into the Top 4 - 6.

Grrrhhh

I can understand why Keppie is being let go.
But being replaced by plodder Alex Twal?

Surely there are better and more capable players available than Twal from the spoon club and Sharon from the 2nd last club for similar coin.
Yeah, in terms of talent in and talent out it doesn't make sense. I'm guessing the the club doesn't want decent chunks of the salary cap sitting in their fringe first graders.

Can only assume it is a money issue. Assuming Keppie is on 400-500k and Twal on maybe 300k. So you downgrade your 16th to 22nd best players to save money.

It is probably a smart move if you are a contender and are really loading up your top-end talent. Unfortunately, Manly aren't a contender.

Maybe this is what Seibs is looking for?

2nd best rackle effeciency for all props in the NRL this year.

Bench prop to come on, do his work and hold the middle.

With Tom, Koula, Garrick, Saab, Brooks, DCE, Olakau'atu, Schuster and Gordie we have plenty of attacking threat. Maybe he is looking for a workhorse defender

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230915_122611_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230915_122611_Chrome.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 30
I think Twal is low-frills dependable which has its advantages… Keppie is the girl-with-the-curl with regards to impact…

We cannot afford Kaeloamotongi (pretty sure I mucked that up) unless we get rid of Aloiai (who no one would take on any decent coin)…

At least the coaching staff are prepared to try something because our approach of the last few years is not working and blokes like Keppie have not improved… Paseka and Sips have a bit, but Keppie no…
Kaeloamotongi was the plan......and would have been a Super buy.....fact is, just maybe :wait: If we keep our "Star" players healthy and continue to improve dummy half options and the addition of Luke Brooks, these "reliable, percentage" type players could be good enough to assist the "Superstars"?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8