Keppie told to leave, replaced by Tigers Alex Twal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Maybe this is what Seibs is looking for?

2nd best rackle effeciency for all props in the NRL this year.

Bench prop to come on, do his work and hold the middle.

With Tom, Koula, Garrick, Saab, Brooks, DCE, Olakau'atu, Schuster and Gordie we have plenty of attacking threat. Maybe he is looking for a workhorse defender
Who knows? Maybe he is also better at lateral movement and covering gaps which often seem to occur in our giant forward line. Better line speed?
One thing I do know is that I don't care which club he was at, if we sign him I have faith there will be some reason for it (!)
Happy Jonah Hill GIF

Maybe this is what Seibs is looking for?

2nd best rackle effeciency for all props in the NRL this year.

Bench prop to come on, do his work and hold the middle.

With Tom, Koula, Garrick, Saab, Brooks, DCE, Olakau'atu, Schuster and Gordie we have plenty of attacking threat. Maybe he is looking for a workhorse defender

Something seriously wrong with those stats if Klemmer is on top.

Kaeloamotongi was the plan......and would have been a Super buy.....fact is, just maybe :wait: If we keep our "Star" players and continue to improve dummy half options and the addition of Luke Brooks, these "reliable, percentage" type players could be good enough ?
I think Alex Twal is a very smart buy. Not that long ago that Fatty Vautin was spruiking this guy as a potential SOO player. He will give us three major workhorses in our pack (with jake and croker) around which we can then blend in our power middles (Paeseka, Sips, Lodge, Alio Olio, Bullymore) and our danger points out wide (Haumole, Shuster, Ben). Throw in Gordon CKT and I think that might finally open up our new backline. Twal might also enable us to carry the Shu in the pack!!!

I think Twal is low-frills dependable which has its advantages… Keppie is the girl-with-the-curl with regards to impact…

We cannot afford Kaeloamotongi (pretty sure I mucked that up) unless we get rid of Aloiai (who no one would take on any decent coin)…

At least the coaching staff are prepared to try something because our approach of the last few years is not working and blokes like Keppie have not improved… Paseka and Sips have a bit, but Keppie no…
Hey Frank… I have an adolescent daughter that is a ‘ girl with the curl’ and she has more attitude than Keppie!…. Unfortunately!!!

Just sayin’

Nothing new on this thread
We have seen it all before

The Manly Moto is always
Leave your premiership winning mark or leave the club

No players Coach or Ceo is spared from accountability
To Live up to our legendary clubs High premiership winning standards

A Successful clubs greatest asset is the the Great people it Invests in
1694747271016.png

Look, I think Twal is a better player than Keppie but I'd like a bit more.....punch....attacking upside I guess
He's an honest toiler at best, for Twal to be told to find another club from a side that just picked up it's 2nd wooden trophy in a row tells you all that you need to know.

Keppie is extremely lazy . His effort areas lack greatly constantly getting found out in the middle of the field in defence.
Also good for am error or two each game with the ball.
Manly have been very patient with him but he doesn't seem like he is improving unfortunately time to go!

If it frees up cash for Keaon to come on board. We need a forward leader first and foremost. A work horse never goes astray. Twal more experienced than Condon.

I think Alex Twal is a very smart buy. Not that long ago that Fatty Vautin was spruiking this guy as a potential SOO player. He will give us three major workhorses in our pack (with jake and croker) around which we can then blend in our power middles (Paeseka, Sips, Lodge, Alio Olio, Bullymore) and our danger points out wide (Haumole, Shuster, Ben). Throw in Gordon CKT and I think that might finally open up our new backline. Twal might also enable us to carry the Shu in the pack!!!
Twal for SOO?

Vautin has had too many head knocks

If it frees up cash for Keaon to come on board. We need a forward leader first and foremost. A work horse never goes astray. Twal more experienced than Condon.
Keaon is a potential 2025 signing as he is still under contract to souths for 2023 and no way they will let him go early

Whilst this isn't setting the world on fire, I like the approach we've had to recruitment lately. There isn't a heap of stars on the market and we probably couldn't afford them if there was. We are going through our roster and comparing what we have to what's available. If what's available is an improvement we are making moves... it might be only incrementally but it's still an improvement. Seibold needs to have Manly going better next year and whilst we are signing big names, I feel we are usually replacing with a bit better.

The stats shown in this thread indicate that Twal > Keppie. I think it was Ryan who was comparing Aitasi James and Sam Fainu the other day. Same deal, not world beaters but an uptick on what we had last year. Yes, I agree there is likely more upside in Fainu but there is risk in waiting for that and paying overs too early.

Little steps like this help sure up the base while we wait for our young guns to develop or we a superstar becomes available.

We just need to make sure we don't overspend or give out longer than needed terms.

Seems like smart business to me.

Having said all that, I think I'm about done seeing Tiger's players heading our way. Twal can be the last.

Go Manly. Can't wait for '24!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8