Keppie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Not too sure why Keppie was tried as a 13 on Friday , same thing occurred with Boyle and Saddler in the reggies last season when just like Keppie , their most effective roles would seem as props . Fair bit of variance with the best and worst form level for Keppie . At least it is obvious what he is capable of and then to hone his game into doing the little things or basics right along with his playing strengths .

I really love Keppie but the continued dropping of the ball is starting to be a concern.
Genuine questions:
Can Keppie's handling errors be fixed?
Can you name a player who had a continual case of dropsy who corrected it?

Give yourself an uppercut Budgie.. how dare you ... ALL HAIL SHAUN THE ROOSTER ROOTER! ...

Settle. And I'm not sure that his lovely wife would appreciate being labeled a rooster. Seriously Woodie!

Settle .. I'm still cleaning up all corn flakes your post made me spit across the table .. 🤣

Ps not the biblical begetting type of rooting...

Keppie is obviously rated in our top four props, but is he?
Tent, Kapow and Al would be the top three but Sippers definitely outplayed Keppie in the trial, and I respect the way DeLuxe is a no-mistake tackling machine. With our forward defence a weak spot against the better teams in 2021 could DeLuxe give our pack a more sensible balance than Keppie?

Keppie is obviously rated in our top four props, but is he?
Tent, Kapow and Al would be the top three but Sippers definitely outplayed Keppie in the trial, and I respect the way DeLuxe is a no-mistake tackling machine. With our forward defence a weak spot against the better teams in 2021 could DeLuxe give our pack a more sensible balance than Keppie?
in 2021, when we looked our best. we had a run, mid year, injury depleted in the forwards most telling. at that time, keppie was used as a backrower, with lawnton, . sipley and deluxe who all played big game time in this golden period, and i dont think our pack ever looked that steady again even though the more fancied players returned as the season progressed

just a casual observation

in 2021, when we looked our best. we had a run, mid year, injury depleted in the forwards most telling. at that time, keppie was used as a backrower, with lawnton, . sipley and deluxe who all played big game time in this golden period, and i dont think our pack ever looked that steady again even though the more fancied players returned as the season progressed

just a casual observation
Liked Sipley's work on Friday night, came on mid first half and really added some punch, and continued it in the 2nd half. The last remaining spot on the bench just got a whole lot more complicated.

Not sold on Keppie yet. Just when you think he's going up that next step he goes backwards. Dropped balls, missed tackles, ill discipline penalties at just the wrong time. Then there's the questionable tackling technique that cost us severely in the prelim. Not the first time he's done that to himself. Still a work in progress.

I'm a Keppie fan - when it got hot on Friday night, he made 2 big shots to halt momentum and was a leader in winning back the middle third
No doubt had some clumsy carries and options, but when the game is in War mode, Keppie is the bloke we will all want on the field...stick with him , he is inspirational and a Winner

I'm with you on this one Maxta.
Talking about errors in his game, he's far from the worst in the team, google, Nrl Player errors 2021, can't attach the link for some reason.
Our prop rotation is solid, nothing to change.

Sean dropped a couple of balls in a trial.....nothing to see here, move on.

Whilst I see him as our 3rd or 4th best prop he is a certainty in our top 17 IMO as he is the one to add some mongrel

There is a observation common to many posts above that answers many questions.

It was a trial.

Keppie could very well be one of our best by September if he can control 1 aspect of his game. Control Excitement. He just doesn't yet have control in his game. Its a tough position because the best props have to have mongral and control otherwise its all for nothing.

I think Keppies injury in the scoufs game was the turning point. He was on fire early and his removal from the game cost us badly.

He's still just a kid in the land of props so once he understands the control aspect of his game he will be awesome.

Sean dropped a couple of balls in a trial.....nothing to see here, move on.

Whilst I see him as our 3rd or 4th best prop he is a certainty in our top 17 IMO as he is the one to add some mongrel
He drops them in proper games too.
The game the other night, we were monstering the Tigers after our first try then a run of the mill hit up ( on the third tackle I think ) 10m from their line with not much of a collision he coughs it up.
The game was even after that and if not for the Tigers doing Tigers things they could've been up at the break.
He wasn't looking to offload, I think he did something similar later in the game too.
Not to mention his brainfart penalties.

We could put up with Choc's brain explosions and hands like feet but he aint no Choc.

Don't get me wrong, there's things I like about him and then he does Keppie things.
I want him to prove me wrong.

Dessies mantra "respect possession" - we don't need Keppie to do anything special, just hold the f$%kin' ball FFS!

The game the other night, we were monstering the Tigers after our first try then a run of the mill hit up ( on the third tackle I think ) 10m from their line with not much of a collision he coughs it up.
The game was even after that and if not for the Tigers doing Tigers things they could've been up at the break.
He wasn't looking to offload, I think he did something similar later in the game too.

We could put up with Choc's brain explosions and hands like feet but he aint no Choc.

Don't get me wrong, there's things I like about him and then he does Keppie things.

Dessies mantra "respect possession" - we don't need Keppie to do anything special, just hold the f$%kin' ball FFS!

Is Keppies constant dropped balls a reality or is it just a popular narrative?

A look at the 2021 stats in the attached pic shows 11 Manly players had more errors then Keppie last year.

Keppie had 8 in 20 appearances less then 1 every second game.

Now you can argue minutes played come into it. So Keppie played 864 minutes for 8 errors. So 1 error per 108 minutes.

In comparison Marty had 1255 minutes and 14 errors. So an error approx every 89 minutes.

If you wanted to pivot are argue penalties....well Keppie had 8 last year with 6 other players equal or worse.

So in summary does Keppie as a 23 year prop have to keep working and improving?

Sure.

Has there been an overeaction after the FIRST trial of year?

Sure...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220222-201224_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220222-201224_Chrome.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 13

The biggest difference between him and Choc is leg speed...if anything, that's Keppie's biggest Achilles heel...he is a bit of a plodder.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12