Keppie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Keppie is listed as having a contract with MW till the end of 2026......

If we signed him for that long, surely dealing him away like an unwanted card in a poker hand sends a 'mixed' message at best to any of the rest of our squad that have long-term deals.

Sure - don't perform, you may get cut. But no-one should be surprised that players dealing with uncertainty and ambiguity from their club may be open to offers elsewhere. Cuts both ways.

Don't like it, though. His upside may still be to come. Outstanding clubman as well.
Different coaches, different visions.
All I gotta say is there better be a bloody good replacement waiting in the wings to come in if he goes, more than Lodge anyway. He is our 2nd best prop in my opinion at the moment, might be 3rd now with Lodge.

Storm was the first club I thought of - just the sort of "project" that Bellamy can sprinkle his magic dust on, also his off field stuff would also be a tick for Bellamy.
I could see the storm ( short on tuff props) being the making of keppie.

Storm was the first club I thought of - just the sort of "project" that Bellamy can sprinkle his magic dust on, also his off field stuff would also be a tick for Bellamy.
Yep that would be exactly right..... watch him go to the Storm, they turn him into one of the premier props in the game, JWH Mark 2, and we get it rubbed in our faces for the next 7 years. Another Manly genius move.

Seriously I think they must be feasting every night on the Magic Mushroom Muffins up at the Penn Centre Of Excellence, Manly just has this startling ability to do dumb things....... and then refuse to do the obvious thing that should be done....... in favour of trying some more dumb things.

At this point in time, Matthew is not welcome to my orange cake.

Win us a premiership, don't cause problems in the club, and help old ladies crossing the road and then we can talk.
Perhaps you could start him off on a good behaviour bond where he can have the odd slice without icing. Then if he performs consistently without any nonsense, he can have a nice big serve, icing and all.

****, could people imagine the player Keppie will become under Bellamy? BIG mistake Manly. Woods, Condon, Boyle, Tuilagi though? Come on !
So we should make a play for Bellamy?

I like it!

Keppie is listed as having a contract with MW till the end of 2026......

If we signed him for that long, surely dealing him away like an unwanted card in a poker hand sends a 'mixed' message at best to any of the rest of our squad that have long-term deals.

Sure - don't perform, you may get cut. But no-one should be surprised that players dealing with uncertainty and ambiguity from their club may be open to offers elsewhere. Cuts both ways.

Don't like it, though. His upside may still be to come. Outstanding clubman as well.
Have to agree Keppie moving on is very poor from the club, he has the second best defensive technique at the club second to Jake!

His attacking game is getting there, he has an error in him but who doesn’t.

That aside his on field and off field behaviours are of high quality, his outstanding leadership throughout the community off the field is of a great clubman.

There is one particular player on more coin with questionable off field behaviour and horribly out of form on the park the club should be tapping on the shoulder.

I'll just say that before we go from rumour to believing this is set in stone within one page, and start slamming the club and this week's scapegoat....that it is just that, a rumour.

Wait a second - it was in 'zero tackle' and the article included Zac fulton. It's true, it's true!!!!!!

Hang on whilst I go grab my pitchfork!

lulz

I'll just say that before we go from rumour to believing this is set in stone within one page, and start slamming the club and this week's scapegoat....that it is just that, a rumour.

Wait a second - it was in 'zero tackle' and the article included Zac fulton. It's true, it's true!!!!!!

Hang on whilst I go grab my pitchfork!

lulz
The Keppie rumour was also in the Daily Telegraph and SMH. So too the mail about the Fainus leaving which certainly appears to have legs.

that's nice.

boring-bored.gif

****, could people imagine the player Keppie will become under Bellamy? BIG mistake Manly. Woods, Condon, Boyle, Tuilagi though? Come on !
But will he EVER achieve those levels under a Manly coach ??

Probably not

We should be getting rid of Aloiai, Woods, Boyle, Lodge, and Sipley in the prop rotation before getting rid of Keppie.

I'll be mightily annoyed if it happens.
And that's our problem, signing players on potential then away's down the track they really haven't given us much at all, then we give them a further 1 or 2yr extension because they showed something in a contract year...it's a frustrating system that we have here at Manly.

Could depend on if Jake is ear marked for a regular prop role next season in regard to Keppie 's longer term deal with Manly
Then who to be the regular or best suited 13 , Schuster? well not so sure .
Paseka , Lodge , Alioia , Bulemor and Sipley as the other prop options , then talk of Woods staying on .
Keppie on normal expectations should or could rate better then Toff and Arron or on current performances and injury considerations , probably even Alioia , . Bulemor maybe but also maybe cap considerations into the mix as well .
Sam Fainu could well be considered as a future prop mainstay but other factors there in recent times of course .
Keppie is a likable team member , playing form a bit patchy the past couple of seasons . Should be capable of getting to a more consistent level again . Maybe the present instability is not helping , Shame if he did move on when he is or can be better then at least a couple of other props currently on the books and ahead of him right now on the selection choices .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11