Keppie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
And that's our problem, signing players on potential then away's down the track they really haven't given us much at all, then we give them a further 1 or 2yr extension because they showed something in a contract year...it's a frustrating system that we have here at Manly.
Was a bit of a dilemma, well with potential issues with Latu Fainu a couple of years ago however .
On indications the stand out player in his division a couple of seasons ago and definitely in demand from a host of other clubs . Manly under quite a bit of pressure to keep him in the system .
No doubt would have liked to have done the same with Feledy but only one very promising junior no doubt the limit to retain in the circumstances .
Latu ticks the boxes in many areas already and in general terms , well the way i see it , should not have that much trouble managing a stint at i st grade level at some stage through to the end of the season .
Sam has already shown he can compete there .
Brooks certainly has some smart attacking ability, just hope that his defence is up to par as well
Looks more likely then not the pair will leave but if they still wish to and can stay as a preference after all of their other present options , could not see how that would not be n Manly 's longer term interests .

Just looking at the statistics for our props against the Cowboys:

1. Paseka made 14 runs for 114 meters, with 52 meters post contact and made 33 tackles.

2. Aloiai made 9 runs for 74 meters, with 28 metres post contact and made 14 tackles.

3. Sipley made 9 runs for 63 meters, with 28 meters post contact metres and made 14 tackles.

4. Wood made 6 runs for 42 metres, with 13 meters post contact and made 11 tackles.

Only one of them over a hundred meters. Paseka head and shoulders above the rest.

Was a bit of a dilemma, well with potential issues with Latu Fainu a couple of years ago however .
On indications the stand out player in his division a couple of seasons ago and definitely in demand from a host of other clubs . Manly under quite a bit of pressure to keep him in the system .
No doubt would have liked to have done the same with Feledy but only one very promising junior no doubt the limit to retain in the circumstances .
Latu ticks the boxes in many areas already and in general terms , well the way i see it , should not have that much trouble managing a stint at i st grade level at some stage through to the end of the season .
Sam has already shown he can compete there .
Brooks certainly has some smart attacking ability, just hope that his defence is up to par as well
Looks more likely then not the pair will leave but if they still wish to and can stay as a preference after all of their other present options , could not see how that would not be n Manly 's longer term interests .
What I'm seeing from Schuster atm doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence moving forward. He's had 1 try assist each in the last two games, hardly runs the ball anymore and looks like he's shelved his no lookers for now. And now at the 11th hour it looks like our most talented and promising jnr half/5/8 Latu is outa here. Schuster needs to step up to the plate on Sunday and really show everyone that he should be our 5/8 going forward.

Do you think our poor form is due to all these rumours flying around about us punting players and the rest of the players are not happy

There has been a lot of recent re-signings, so I doubt the bulk of the current squad are unhappy.

1. Paseka made 14 runs for 114 meters, with 52 meters post contact and made 33 tackles.

2. Aloiai made 9 runs for 74 meters, with 28 metres post contact and made 14 tackles.

3. Sipley made 9 runs for 63 meters, with 28 meters post contact metres and made 14 tackles.

4. Wood made 6 runs for 42 metres, with 13 meters post contact and made 11 tackles.

Only one of them over a hundred meters. Paseka head and shoulders above the rest.
Wow...it really tapers off after Paseka.

I hope Seib's keeps to his word about competition for 1st grade spots, I figure we have 1 starting prop and a whole bench up for grabs, see what 4pm brings ?
If I was coach I’d use the next 7 weeks to trial different options / choices / players.

We aren’t going to be finalists , and we aren’t fighting to stay away from last place.

So there’s zero to lose.

And there was the very bad Sipley miss that led to a try and the fact that both Aloiai and Woods reverse into the opposition thereby landing themselves on their bums and giving no chance of a quick play the ball by the time they rollover then steady themselves to wobble to their feet..

How Woods remains in FG beggars belief . People used to rip into Des about his selections this is one of hardest to comprehend imo.

OK OK sure Lodge was only playing reserve grade on the weekend. But 22 runs for over 200 metres.

22 runs. Most of our forwards don't even know what happens after 9.

No from me

Need plenty of forward depth in a squad, as down as the 5th string when injuries occur, he is the type of guy that’s handy to have, wouldn’t be on much coin and is generally solid output
Yes he is handy. However he has had about 5-6 seasons to go from being handy to a regular leader of the pack.

He has the size and enough ability to suggest he could do that, but he is yet to do so on a regular basis.

Toff is 28? This year.
Id say he is as good as he will get.
Bench back up player. Not a top 17. Showed glimpses but that is it unfortunately, could not be consistent at a high level.

• 👍
Reactions: Ned
Toff is 28? This year.
Id say he is as good as he will get.
Bench back up player. Not a top 17. Showed glimpses but that is it unfortunately, could not be consistent at a high level.

Saw him play one good game this year , otherwise reserve grade quality.

Not sure if he’s out of contract but if he is I’d be releasing him.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12