Keppie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Keppie's fine, he hasn't dominated yet mostly due to the oft-mentioned errors but he isn't far off putting it all together.
Anyway with Paseka gone we need him right now, and I'll back him to get the job done v Old Grumpy JWH and all his very expensive poultry mates.
Maybe his new nickname should be “Godot” because we sure have been waiting a while for him to put together consistent disciplined performances.

Keppie is signed for another 3 years and I would guess is going to cost more over those years.
Maybe Seibold does not think he is doing enough to warrant taking up more of the salary cap for what he gives?
Just a thought....

You really are a little person ...

Clean up in isle 4 🤣

It would seem nothing to say except dribbling.

How about some Woody words of wisdom on what Keppie can do to be a better player. Or is he perfect in your eyes already?

Last edited:
Keppie to me is another Darcy Lussick.

Has a lot of talent as a front rower, but is prone to making dumb handling errors and giving away dumb penalties.

If he could cut those errors and penalties out of his game, or even just cut them by half......
At the risk of sounding like a contrarian, I think Keppie was a bit unlucky last night with his 2 "mistakes". I watched it closely this morning and the high tackle was one of those where the arm comes up off the ball. Sure, it's a higher risk when you go near the chest but I think he a was a bit unlucky. And the dropped ball near their line was more a strip than a simple dropped ball. The second tackler had a good grip on the ball and Keppie was still struggling to go forward.

I'm not saying he doesn't make mistakes but coz he now has a reputation, every thing gets scrutinised and every error highlighted. If you look at it from the perspective of putting pressure on our defence, think of how many 6 agains Jake gives away. But we don't want Jake dropped.

Anyway, I'm still hoping he still has his best years in front of him coz he's got the grunt we need, he just needs some polish. If only Seibs could hit him with a can of Brasso in the off season, he'd be a great asset.

At the risk of sounding like a contrarian, I think Keppie was a bit unlucky last night with his 2 "mistakes". I watched it closely this morning and the high tackle was one of those where the arm comes up off the ball. Sure, it's a higher risk when you go near the chest but I think he a was a bit unlucky. And the dropped ball near their line was more a strip than a simple dropped ball. The second tackler had a good grip on the ball and Keppie was still struggling to go forward.

I'm not saying he doesn't make mistakes but coz he now has a reputation, every thing gets scrutinised and every error highlighted. If you look at it from the perspective of putting pressure on our defence, think of how many 6 agains Jake gives away. But we don't want Jake dropped.

Anyway, I'm still hoping he still has his best years in front of him coz he's got the grunt we need, he just needs some polish. If only Seibs could hit him with a can of Brasso in the off season, he'd be a great asset.
The drop ball was all on Sean.
FMD

I don’t mind Keppie and I probably lean more towards wanting the club to keep him, but…

His ceiling is average NRL bench prop forward, not rep star. He just does not have the leg speed to be anything but an honest first grader.

It perplexes me when he is spoken of as some sort of beast that is on the cusp of greatness. He can provide a bone cruncher in defence but he is less than dynamic with the ball in hand. Usually he trundles up slowly before being dumped on his back. We can afford to carry him on the bench but that’s it.

Very similar to Jack Hethrington.

I don’t mind him, but yes he can turn a game the wrong way.

On that front though, I thought the Garrick /Croker ‘no try’ was far more serious on the game’s trajectory than anything Keppie did or didn’t do. His trademark mistakes in the first half tonight did not lead to points down the other end.

If Garrick had scored his second try, it could have ended up more like a 30-8 or 30-12 result, if not by a bigger margin.
you could also say that about the koula break then fumble, that was a try gone begging also

Tough, rugged player with flip of the coin silly penalties and I disagree about a high error rate, but totally agree he seems to up with drops that turn the games momentum and today was exactly that.
I have seen a few games when he has cut players in half and I mstaked him for Jake.
Also a few charges and quick plays to win Manly momentum
Seems like he over thinks his role which should be simple ugly, rugged old fashioned footy to intimidate the opposition
you could be right, but his timing of the stupid penalties/dropped balls is perfect....
for the opposition.

Like I said, I do think Keppie is a good front rower and if our prop rotation going into next year is led by Jake, Paseka, Keppie and Lodge with Sips, Bull and Aloiai also thereabouts, then I think we're doing well (for mine, Schuster will move to lock with Brooks here). But even if last nights mistakes were more circumstance than anything else, its still him it happens to more than most isn't it. He's got to find a way to combat that.

As for Jake ... yep, 100% agree. Ever since the 6 again became a thing in the NRL, Jake is arguably our most consistent offender, usually being inside the 10. And also agreed that you won't see him dropped. But then, our defence up the middle doesn't turn to 💩 whenever Keppie is off the field like it does when Jake isn't out there either. But yes, in the same manner as Keppie cutting out the mistakes, Jake needs to cut out giving away so many 6 again's because they too end up hurting.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10