Kerry Sibraa's Letter in Manly Daily

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
swoop said:
Cambo said:
Swoop u labor stooges (jokes)
I think normally the prime minister looks after his own electorate.

Here's the tweets

john gleis (@berkeley_eagle)
2/15/12 12:36 PM
@TonyAbbottMHR #asktony Simple BROOKVALE OVAL NEEDS MORE MONEY to bring it up to world class standard

Tony Abbott (@TonyAbbottMHR)
2/15/12 7:07 PM
@berkeley_eagle I agree. We made promise at last election. Related to your question - good luck to the @manlyseaeagles in the WCC! #asktony

He made the promise in the 2007 election knowing that Howard and the libs were about to be voted out of office. It was 9 mil that he promised so I guess that's what we'll get, not enough but better than nothing.
Not correct swoop he also pledged money in 2010
http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/news/story/abbott-promises-10m-for-brookie/

Steady on Cambo - they've only been in office since March last year! I'm sure some largesse will find its way to Brookvale. But remember the state government will want to be satisfied that the money is going into improved spectator facilities.

It might help too that a more consultative and less confrontational approach is now underway - unlike the Des Peters/Peter Hasler combo at DY RSL last year.

Phantar said:
Steady on Cambo - they've only been in office since March last year! I'm sure some largesse will find its way to Brookvale. But remember the state government will want to be satisfied that the money is going into improved spectator facilities.

It might help too that a more consultative and less confrontational approach is now underway - unlike the Des Peters/Peter Hasler combo at DY RSL last year.

Hope so mate Barry O comes across as a good bloke. I read that 60 mil is the magic figure but 30 is more realistic.

[/quote]

Hope so mate Barry O comes across as a good bloke. I read that 60 mil is the magic figure but 30 is more realistic.
[/quote]

I'm not sure about EVER getting any money out of him. Isn't he an old bears man?

I may have misinterpreted his comment but i'm sure when he was on stage during the dally m's last year, Warren Smith introduced him and his first comment was "don't mention the bears!". It was like he was a supporter of theirs and their demise cut deep (even though he's a tiger's man now). If he is.......i doubt he'd front up any money for us! :-/

We need to consider moving more home games to Gosford, say 4 per year. It is becoming clearer that Central Coast will not be given a licence in the future (strategically WA & Qld make more sense) and we need to lock in a long term deal now. Brookvale is unfortunately a relic which will slip further behind year after year. I appreciate the the Northern Eagles were a disaster but I'd rather see home games an hour north of Sydney rather than NZ, Brisbane or Perth.

21Dublin said:
We need to consider moving more home games to Gosford, say 4 per year. It is becoming clearer that Central Coast will not be given a licence in the future (strategically WA & Qld make more sense) and we need to lock in a long term deal now. Brookvale is unfortunately a relic which will slip further behind year after year. I appreciate the the Northern Eagles were a disaster but I'd rather see home games an hour north of Sydney rather than NZ, Brisbane or Perth.

This is why you dont post when your on all sorts of drugs,because this is flat out the worst most hideous idea i have ever read on this forum,period

The Eagle said:
21Dublin said:

This is why you dont post when your on all sorts of drugs,because this is flat out the worst most hideous idea i have ever read on this forum,period

Geez, worst idea ever! Given we have already played home games at Gosford over the past few years I don't consider myself to be on drugs. It's all about the $$ champ. More supporters can get to Gossy than Perth. Think about it.

21Dublin said:
The Eagle said:
21Dublin said:

Geez, worst idea ever! Given we have already played home games at Gosford over the past few years I don't consider myself to be on drugs. It's all about the $$ champ. More supporters can get to Gossy than Perth. Think about it.

Lol!!! Really? Ever been there "champ"?

Warm Beer,cold pies but they do make a champion mars bar,only edible thing they sell

Plus it looks absolutely horrible,we wont sell out up there 4 games because they will know we're coming back,we sell out occasionally now because of the OPPOSITION we take there,back in 2010 the tigpies were 40/60 with us,them being the 60 AT OUR "HOME" Game

I'd prefer we did double headers in brisbane or at ANZ

Titans vs Sharks opening for Us vs Brisbane OR
Dogs vs Steelers opening for us against Parra

I still think the melbourne to perth idea is a pisstake,game
of the ****ing year,they'd sell out with the tigers to but we
arent ARCH RIVALS with them,they are just meh

Melbourne Vs Manly is game of the year,every time

Gosford is not home, each time we play there there seems to be a local campaign pro bear and anti manly. Remember singo even actively discouraged people from going one year? And he owns the stadium rights. It's a pig's breakfast up there for manly I reckon. More than 1 game a year there would be a joke. The Brisbane game is better I think, and gives our large qld mob a chance to see the team live. Keep 10 at brookie.

Shoe1 said:
Gosford is not home, each time we play there there seems to be a local campaign pro bear and anti manly. Remember singo even actively discouraged people from going one year? And he owns the stadium rights.

Singo sold the rights to Soccer Australia. He has nothing to do with either the stadium or the Bears.

Cool, good riddance

He says he loves rugby league but did little to save "his" teams, the jets and the magpies. No delmege or penn passion for his team.

I think the local Council control the joint now. I seem to recall reading that the soccer crowd were angry that the council told them they couldn't train on it as some union game was being played or was it some league trials? Anyway I'd support giving our Qld members a look at us, or one in PNG as well as a game in Perth, just not the Storm match.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • Dan
    Kim Jong Dan

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8