Kieran Foran pledges to stick with Manly Sea Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: kieran foran

Masked Eagle said:
MadMarcus said:
mean eagle said:
hi people,
just some info i heard about foran and Des.
my best mates dad is really good friends with kieran forans old man..
any way he was telling me that foran is seriously considering a switch to the dogs at 2013 because he really looks up to Des. and he was telling me that Des has truly been poaching staff and wants players to follow him too. this is stuff people probably already know but when i heard it pretty much from the horses mouth i was gutted!
this is so BS!! Des and the board have F###e everything at manly!

Kieren --> Kieren's dad --> Your best mate's dad --> your best mate --> you --> Silvertails --> me

Wow, now I can say I've heard it "pretty much from the horses mouth" too!

I'm not going to dismiss the rumour because of where it came from. I get plenty of good stuff off friend of friend. That being said, my problem with this particular rumour is that I thought Foran wasn't close with his old man. I know his parents aren't together and that the boys were very close with their mum (and was one of the major reasons why Kieran was linked with the Chooks last year).

yes his parents are separated so what. Kieran and his dad were togther watching bother Liam in NSW Cup matches whenever they didnt clash with NRL

Probably should just keep my opinions to myself. But if Kieran does go to the dogs it will hard for me not to believe it wasn't orchestrated by Des before he left.

IMO, it would be hard for him without DCE as they now have a "premiership winning combination"! How quickly could he get that elsewhere? DCE looks as though he will be as good if not better than Foz and being 50% off the "gun" halves is so much better than doing all the work and having all the pressure elsewhere! Just my opinion.

anthonyb1965 said:
IMO, it would be hard for him without DCE as they now have a "premiership winning combination"! How quickly could he get that elsewhere? DCE looks as though he will be as good if not better than Foz and being 50% off the "gun" halves is so much better than doing all the work and having all the pressure elsewhere! Just my opinion.

DCE did alright by himself in that game against the Broncos when we had all of those players out suspended following the Brookie Brawl against the drizzle.

All this talk about " who's heard what from whom", none of it matters. We've got him next year and that's the main thing. He's a superstar and players of his calibre are always in huge demand and chased hard by cashed up clubs.... it's just the way it is.

All I can say is bring on 2012 with Fozzy & Daly in the halves.... can't wait for rd 1.

anthonyb1965 said:

From my very fragmentary impressions of their play in the youth u20 team it was apparent to me that in attack and in his kicking game, dce very much overshadowed kf.'s aggressive defence. dce has remedied his defensive problems and although kf now has a good close to the line kicking game dce is the much more complete player. Together however , they form a very potent and effective combination where each is not as strong as their whole.Their complimentary contributions should not , in infancy, be broken. They may rewrite Manly and Australian Rugby League history if we let it.

I heard it mentioned that Kieran was lucky to be in the Kiwi test team. Can't remember where I heard but I did. Jury is out for me whether to offer him 450,000+ Gotta keep DCE though!

On form I'd say Marshall was lucky to be there. Foran is not seen to best advantage at halfback, he did not really shine in the 4 Nations. He'll stay at 5/8 for us, and give us a great shot at back-to-back.

still hard to see what foran is going to do.. but a bulldogs mate just sent me this, apparently it was posted on some bulldogs site.

"according to an first grader dogs player

Foran has signed for $600k a season starting next season"

joeboy said:
still hard to see what foran is going to do.. but a bulldogs mate just sent me this, apparently it was posted on some bulldogs site.

Far as I know he's under contract to us next season!

joeboy said:

He is with Manly next season but beyond that who knows, maybe some wishful thinking by Berrie supporters, perhaps Foz will go to the Roosters with Mason and SBW, but $600k a season......

If he wants to go he can go, if he wants to stay that's great. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. If the Bulldogs crash and burn next season he'll probably decide he's better off here. Anyway, it's just another unsubstantiated report, been a few of them lately.

joeboy said:

But didn't I read that Despicable Hasbeen had complete faith in the Dogs' current five-eigth, so why we he want another five-eight? Oh, perhaps the crap coming out of Belmore is not as accurate as some people believe.
Take everything with a grain of salt!
PS: If Hoppa Jrn is worth $800,000 then Foran would be selling himself short taking ' just' three-quarters of that salary.

didnt want to get alarm bells going lads, just posting what i heard.. i hope like anything he stays too. or at least gives life under tooves a go before committing to canterbury. he obviously loved beenn coached by des going by past comments, but i hope tooves and his old coach penna can make him want to be an eagle for life.. also, gthere aint much surf out bankstown way, and apparently he is a mad keen surfer. plus arnt all his best mates in the maroon?

anyone heard anything positive about him staying?

in case we dont keep him, is riccardi a half or five eigth?

I hear the Des wants Tolman gone ASAP due to cap problems. I posted this last thursday or Friday.

Might be headed back to the storm.

I presumed this was for 2013 but who knows.

bob dylan said:
I hear the Des wants Tolman gone ASAP due to cap problems. I posted this last thursday or Friday.

Might be headed back to the storm.

I presumed this was for 2013 but who knows.
Tolman was named Bulldogs player of the year for 2011......the kiss of death perhaps?:huh:

Lets all give Fozzy the benefit of the doubt for now. Hopefully he enjoys Tooves coaching and playing alongside his teammates.

IMO wel be okay if he leaves ( Riccardi to take his spot), but DCE is a must. He is most important player on our roster and must be first priority to be re-signed.

the mauler said:
Lets all give Fozzy the benefit of the doubt for now. Hopefully he enjoys Tooves coaching and playing alongside his teammates.

IMO wel be okay if he leaves ( Riccardi to take his spot), but DCE is a must. He is most important player on our roster and must be first priority to be re-signed.
I agree, DCE is one player we HAVE to keep, great halfbacks are like hens teeth.

the mauler said:

Yeah not much else we can do.

I hope he leads us to another great season, he is a great talent.

I get the feeling we will struggle to keep him but just imagine how great a boost it will be if we can sign him in the next couple of months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8