Kieran Foran pledges to stick with Manly Sea Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ceagle said:
joeboy said:
still hard to see what foran is going to do.. but a bulldogs mate just sent me this, apparently it was posted on some bulldogs site.

"according to an first grader dogs player

Foran has signed for $600k a season starting next season"

Wait, Foran has signed a contract for the Dogs even if he is still under contract with Manly.

If true, f**k not again

Even if it's true, it means nothing against your 2012 season, look at Maloney.

I have been hearing rumors from blokes very loosely connected with the Bulldogs that they believe they have Dean Whare at some stage in the future too. It could be total BS cause they are loving twisting the knife. Would normally laugh it off but the way things have gone lately.....

But could make for interesting times if ( or "WHEN" ) Des lures Foran and/or a few recruits to the Dogs.

Kieran's is the photo on my 2012 Manly Membership card. And he is on the official MWSE NRL Players page.

So we can start worrying about him after he helps Manly in B2B for 2V :p

The Who said:
joeboy said:
still hard to see what foran is going to do.. but a bulldogs mate just sent me this, apparently it was posted on some bulldogs site.

"according to an first grader dogs player

Foran has signed for $600k a season starting next season"

But didn't I read that Despicable Hasbeen had complete faith in the Dogs' current five-eigth, so why we he want another five-eight? Oh, perhaps the crap coming out of Belmore is not as accurate as some people believe.
Take everything with a grain of salt!
PS: If Hoppa Jrn is worth $800,000 then Foran would be selling himself short taking ' just' three-quarters of that salary.

According to the same dogs forum, it was stated that both Halser and Johns wanted to keep the current halves.

the mauler said:
No way they could fit him under the cap for next year at 600k a season. Not unless they offload atleast 2 quality players. He may leave in 2013 but honestly can't see it happening next year.

I didnt know that the dogs had two quality players!!

dogs12 said:
the mauler said:
No way they could fit him under the cap for next year at 600k a season. Not unless they offload atleast 2 quality players. He may leave in 2013 but honestly can't see it happening next year.

not saying its true, though we lost millington, paea, hodgson, ryan, roberts, tandy, tia kifili, warburton, armit and a few others too and added graham, gavet, mcdougal. We could easily afford 400k with 3rd parties.

again not saying its true, though if it was i'd expect keating would be released straight away.

Strange that a senior mod on that filthy kennel site told berry supporters that after he had lunch with coaching staff he was told by them that Des wants to keep Keating in current halves pairing and was a big fan of keating. Dirtly filthy mongrel dogs they lie like pigs in ****.

MadMarcus said:
Earnie the Eagle said:
I didn't know that the dogs had two quality players!!

Des and Crusher?

They would be the only two. These berry fans are jumping around like a pack of gorillas beating their chest trying to convince themselves that they are a contender for 2012, well they are getting their capabilities mixed up with their impossibilities.

The Bulldogs are without doubt the most pathetic club going around. You've heard about clubs trying to buy premierships, but I'm pretty sure they are the first to try and buy a culture.

That's a big statement too. Keep in mind Souths have been holding the mantle of the most pathetic club for a good 20 years.

MadMarcus said:
The Bulldogs are without doubt the most pathetic club going around. You've heard about clubs trying to buy premierships, but I'm pretty sure they are the first to try and buy a culture.

That's a big statement too. Keep in mind Souths have been holding the mantle of the most pathetic club for a good 20 years.
When we bought premierships we did it in style and with great finesse !!! :cool::D:cool:

Yep Bulldogs have definitely overtaken the Bunnies & are now "2012s most desperate to succeed". It's amusing hearing Ennis talk up their off season on Fox Sports.

Mals said:
Yep Bulldogs have definitely overtaken the Bunnies & are now "2012s most desperate to succeed". It's amusing hearing Ennis talk up their off season on Fox Sports.
And how is it possible to "buy a culture"? Philosophers please advise...
To start with ..what parts can you buy... certainly not the fans, the supporters. the sponsors or the history/,,, Oh, I get it,,,they will buy the coach and his support staff, that will fix it... But wait.. what if the coach etc, absorb more of if not all of the Bulldog culture instead? And what remains is hardly worth while anyway?

Mals said:
I predict they'll have similar success.

arty said:
Mals said:
To start with ..what parts can you buy... certainly not the fans, the supporters. the sponsors or the history/,,, Oh, I get it,,,they will buy the coach and his support staff, that will fix it... But wait.. what if the coach etc, absorb more of if not all of the Bulldog culture instead? And what remains is hardly worth while anyway?
Won't make them Sea Eagles, just Culture Vultures.

arty said:
Mals said:

The bulldogs, like any team want to develop a winning and successful culture. They know, like any team, the culture starts with the head coach; what he himself brings to the club; what he can instil within the players of the club... and a culture is formed from there.

By bringing in Des, who already has developed a successful formula, the bulldogs are attempting to fast track success. In todays business climate I don't blame them. Everyone demands success, or at least is looking like an individual or a team or a club is striving for success, and I so I don't begrudge the bulldogs that.

If the bulldogs had of snared Wayne Bennet or Craig Bellamy most, if not all the conversations, banter and bitter vitriol would not have taken place on this forum. But with Des going, unfortunately, it all became a bit personal... and so it should for a while :D

It is human nature; it is the tribal wars; it is jealousy; it is xenophobia; it is mostly tongue in cheek, to begrudge anything and everything another club who has just 'stolen' our demi-god. It is off season banter from a bunch of blokes (and some chicks) who are desperate for the footy season to start again in 2012... and the winning culture debate is just a new poisonous bone to chuck to the angry dogs to chew on. ;)

(I heard all this from the retail philosopher)

captainskin said:
arty said:
Mals said:

The bulldogs, like any team want to develop a winning and successful culture. They know, like any team, the culture starts with the head coach; what he himself brings to the club; what he can instil within the players of the club... and a culture is formed from there.

By bringing in Des, who already has developed a successful formula, the bulldogs are attempting to fast track success. In todays business climate I don't blame them. Everyone demands success, or at least is looking like an individual or a team or a club is striving for success, and I so I don't begrudge the bulldogs that.

If the bulldogs had of snared Wayne Bennet or Craig Bellamy most, if not all the conversations, banter and bitter vitriol would not have taken place on this forum. But with Des going, unfortunately, it all became a bit personal... and so it should for a while :D

It is human nature; it is the tribal wars; it is jealousy; it is xenophobia; it is mostly tongue in cheek, to begrudge anything and everything another club who has just 'stolen' our demi-god. It is off season banter from a bunch of blokes (and some chicks) who are desperate for the footy season to start again in 2012... and the winning culture debate is just a new poisonous bone to chuck to the angry dogs to chew on. ;)

(I heard all this from the retail philosopher)

Well said mate, i completely agree. All this scum crap and petty insults is stupid and just anger from sad jealous kids in my opinion.

I wouldn't insult any of you with a personal attack for something football related. I'm sure manly like every other club, has its fair share of good sport fans, bitter jealous fans, angry fans, and people who are just out and out footy nuts.

I'm a fan of footy all together.

FMD. Can't we just half heartedly take the piss? How hard is it to recognise tongue in cheek humour? Does anyone really believe we are trying to get a result from venting? High horses are great things for the moral knights of the world. For me, and any of my lowly comrades, we like it just fine here in the gutter thanks. I won't ask you to dismount, so please don't ask me to rise. Just because I call it how I see it in my strange view does not make me any less of a footy fan than the next bloke. I love the game and despise the wanks and weasels as i see fit.

Have a lovely afternoon. :D

• 👍
Reactions: PJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8