Kite confident Eagles can fly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You can buy any number of youngsters who will add value on the wing............................look at Robbo, played PL at canberra of all teams, the guy couldn't get a run, but he does the job for us.

guys like Lawrence, Crockett, Mcdonnell, Ah Van, Vuna, Inu, Uate, Boyd, Tupou, Brenton Bowen, Cutler, Bani, Meaney, Kenny-Dowell, John Williams etc would all do the job

look im not saying we should definantly get rid or Robbo or hicks, but if either arn't performing or either want to much money, then cut them loose

Yeah, let's have the best 13 in the comp with no depth. Like it all not, we need players like the above for depth.

Agree that we need depth but everything is a balancing act. King & Willow are replaced by Shrek & LOD. I dont see that cutting Monas & Dunley (2 hookers) adversely effects us if Ballin can step up.

My team lineup for 1st and PL after buying LOD & Shrek and cutting our deadwood is as Ryan has set out above.

Faarka nell. You guys are obsessed with sacking players. What's wrong with staying loyal to blokes who've been good & strengthening the team ? Why do we have to get rid of a, b & c to buy d & e. ? Every year one or two retire & one or two move on. Replace them with better players.
Stop plotting the demise of people & think of ways to grow a club rather than buy a comp.

Faarka nell. You guys are obsessed with sacking players. What's wrong with staying loyal to blokes who've been good & strengthening the team ? Why do we have to get rid of a, b & c to buy d & e. ? Every year one or two retire & one or two move on. Replace them with better players.
Stop plotting the demise of people & think of ways to grow a club rather than buy a comp.

I dont see high profile recruiting which replaces players who cant win us a comp as being disloyal. Generic turnover of players is necessary in the salary cap era in any case and recruiting stars is necessary to continually improve performance.

robbo and hicks getting the boot for some nuffies is though

Yeah. Not sure why Disco has that view. Im happy with our wingers. They have good experience, get the job done, and nowhere near a Tuqiri price tag.

If you read my posts, i said that if eithers form drops or either ask for 2 much money then they are easily replaced.

im not saying sack them, im saying that they are playing for a contract this year (as i believe both are off contract)

robbo and hicks getting the boot for some nuffies is though
i hardly call any of the players i mentioned nuffies, they are all young and all have great potential

If you read my posts, i said that if eithers form drops or either ask for 2 much money then they are easily replaced.

im not saying sack them, im saying that they are playing for a contract this year (as i believe both are off contract)

OK. I probably had these comments in mind when i posted.

"Arn't Hicks and Robbo off contract this year??? if so i believe one of them has to go.......most probably Robbo"

"i wouldn't be against both moving on"

I wouldn't be against either going

look i like them both, especially Hicks. But neither are matchwinners.

If they stayed, i'd be happy, both do a good job, if they both left, well i think there are many others players who can fill there void

As for the first comment, i wouldn't mind a young guy with room to develop on the wing, face it Robbo and Hicks are as good now as they will ever be, but someone like Uate, Lawrence, Folou, Inu can develop in to matchwinning stars
(not that we'd be likely to get any of those 4)

With the recruitment focus on our forwards for next year it probably isnt a pressing issue for the club anyway.

I wonder if the club will simply negotiate a short term contract with say Hicks, leaving the changing of the guard to being predominantly up front ? Probably makes sense.

i can see it being like the Donald case a few years back

Donald wanted to much Manly let him go, Fans everywhere b*tched and moaned claiming we were dommed, the late in the year we picked up Robbo and Walaa, Robbo has been great for us

same will happen this year if either leaves, we'll pick up someone after we have tended to our forwards

I wouldn't be against either going

look i like them both, especially Hicks. But neither are matchwinners.

If they stayed, i'd be happy, both do a good job, if they both left, well i think there are many others players who can fill there void

As for the first comment, i wouldn't mind a young guy with room to develop on the wing, face it Robbo and Hicks are as good now as they will ever be, but someone like Uate, Lawrence, Folou, Inu can develop in to matchwinning stars
(not that we'd be likely to get any of those 4)

Hicks is a match winner. Roosters vs. Manly away try to support this theory.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8