Knights shouldn't be so far ahead of us

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Now keep in mind that I dont support the things Des has done so far this year with selections and I am aware he is no supercoach, but to suggest that he is the source of all of our problems is ignorance at its highest level.

Now keep in mind that I dont support the things Des has done so far this year with selections and I am aware he is no supercoach, but to suggest that he is the source of all of our problems is ignorance at its highest level.
Fully concur! What we don't have is all the info that the coaching staff possesses.

Quick question - Who was the last coach to have us in the top 4 on the ladder after 12 rounds??

Before des in 05 that is!

I realise 12 rounds is only under half a year.. but i don't think Des's coaching slacked off! I think the monaghan saga took more of a toll

I dont think Des is the source of the problem.

However I feel he isn't doing all within his powers to fix them. Changes that seem so neccisary don't seem to be happening at any great rate.

All that being said, Im only speaking as a person who has seen the team struggle for so long and read what is in the news. I can't be quoted as correct by any means. For all we know, he is working as hard as he can to fix the teams results we just don't see it publicly.

While I would love to say for this reason we should give him a little longer to fix it, it has been happening over the last 3/4 of a season, excluding offseason.

Ill give him the benefit of the doubt for a little while longer, however a loss the the sharkies will be a little too much to handle.

The positive is we were more than competative against the Cowboys and that goes a long way in the current comp.

Have faith, manly have been through worse that losing a couple of games. We'll pull through it.

If Brian Smith was coaching this club, would Luke Williamson, Jason King or Michael Monaghan be in their 1st team?

I see Des Hasler as the difference in us winning and losing, because we have the personnel to achieve great things.

8|
Biggest load of s*** I've heard from you to date - and thats sayig something! You have NFI. I wonder who you'd have instead of Monas and Willow - im guessing to rookies like Ballin and Cuthbo. If so - thank christ ur not the coach or we'd be in contention for our first wooden spoon. Ballin and Cuthbo are promising youngsters, I agree, but they have no where near the class of Monaghan and Williamson. Especially Williamson - he is the hardest worker in the team (defence-wise).
There is nothing wrong with Des - stop trying to blame him when its mainly the teams fault.
I'd rather Des over Smith any day!!!

[quote author=Ryan]
If Brian Smith was coaching this club, would Luke Williamson, Jason King or Michael Monaghan be in their 1st team?

I see Des Hasler as the difference in us winning and losing, because we have the personnel to achieve great things.

8|
Biggest load of s*** I've heard from you to date - and thats sayig something! You have NFI. I wonder who you'd have instead of Monas and Willow - im guessing to rookies like Ballin and Cuthbo. If so - thank christ ur not the coach or we'd be in contention for our first wooden spoon. Ballin and Cuthbo are promising youngsters, I agree, but they have no where near the class of Monaghan and Williamson. Especially Williamson - he is the hardest worker in the team (defence-wise).
There is nothing wrong with Des - stop trying to blame him when its mainly the teams fault.
[/quote]

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Good post mate... I agree!!

I have said before that perhaps ballin should get a run... reasons for this being we are a bit short in hooker!!

Now that he has gone with Burns in 5/8.. mona's will take that role!!

Ballin is a promising youngster as is cuthbo (i'm glad to see him get a run this week) but I have and will always say that williamson is a must in our team!!

And to answer the obvious question ryan will ask - Yes, i think many of the other teams would have williamson in their side!!

[quote author=Ryan]

8|
[/quote]

:lol:

agree on somepoints but Ballin & Cuthbo are up there with Monas & Cuthbo from what I have seen in PL, if not better. Just need to see if they can make the step up to NRL (I think they both can). Yes Willow is a good defender but he plays from the bench. imo you need a impact player from the bench, Willow is not this. If he started he would be good value for his defence but he is not going to start in our backrow unless injuries happen.

Willow - hardest worker in our team - surely you jest?
Monaghan - class? (his inconsistency denies that fact).

What's a coaches role if not judged against a teams performance slammin sam? I'm waiting for this one...

Additionally guys - can we not debate football or other matters in a polite constructive manner? This forum was created to allow anyone to have and share their OWN opinion without thought of personal attacks in response. We have all strayed from that over time.

We need to share the love guys:-

GROUP HUG !!!

"Willow - hardest worker in our team - surely you jest?
Monaghan - class? (his inconsistency denies that fact).

What's a coaches role if not judged against a teams performance slammin sam?"

How good you get along with the players and how much you improve their individual abilities and fix any problems with their games as well as making the team gel and communicate with eachother. As far as im concerned Des has given them the opportunity to be successful - its just a poor response by the team (in Round 1) and sometimes luck that makes the result. Last game they deserved to win because of their defensive efforts in the 2nd half - I put the loss down to the lack of possession, due to some mistakes, and some very poor descisions. PLUS the attack hasnt developed - still getting used to Orford. You gotta remember we were a man down at one stage and still gave it to those NQ bastards (scored 2 tries).
Their attitude and commitment and effort against NQLD was excellent and im sure DES drilled that into them after Round 1.

Very valid points. I guess where I'm coming from is inconsistency in around dummy 1/2, Hooker and 5/8. It's almost as though either the players are confused as to what do, or there is no game plan. I personally can't stand seeing an attacking player like Orford going into dummy 1/2 2-3 attacking times in a row.

That said, this weeks team looks a heck of a lot more structured, and I think there can be a balance. I'd love to see Monaghan make the 9 his own. I just don't see the explosive creative offence that Hookers like Buderus, Farrah etc have, but it may come with time.

You make very fair points about the Nth Qld game, and to be honest, it fills me with hope for this week. That then gets me back to Dessy though.

Jason King. I know George Rose is injured, but we still have options right? Make Cuthbo a prop, and bring in Glenn Stewart. Anything (as much as I hate saying this) is better than King - but you never know again - he might prove us all wrong, and this may be the week he turns it all around.

Jesus Wept !
It's Round 3 of the season & panic has set in already.

We have some new players in key positions , so naturally it will take a few weeks for the combinations to gel. Sure , it's disappointing that we are on ZERO points after 2 rounds ( equal with the Dragons ).

In Round # 1 , we lost to a Canberra team that were better prepared for the game. Canberra played very well that night & credit should be given to them.

In Round #2 Manly showed plenty of courage & despite being caned in the penalties went very close to snatching the match.

Hopefully things will turn for the better this weekend . The Sharks have lost good forwards from last season ( Nutley , Stevens , Galloway ) , but they have plenty of pace in the backs. I'm sure Kimmorley will be out to have a big game & I'm certain Darren Albert would have fond memories of his last encounter against the Eagles.

Let's all just get down to Brookie Oval this Saturday night & support our team.

I just hope the Players remember their trip to Toyota Field Last year that should be motivation enough

Sorry bout the no **** sherlock comment douggie...went off a little half cocked mate.

Rhino please, I have thicker skin than that mate! No need for apologies. Danners mentioned something about a little half cock. :lol:

leave danners little half cock out of this.

Des like other has not performed. He is not the only one under performing, however the buck stops with him.

Jesus Wept !
It's Round 3 of the season & panic has set in already.

We have some new players in key positions , so naturally it will take a few weeks for the combinations to gel. Sure , it's disappointing that we are on ZERO points after 2 rounds ( equal with the Dragons ).

In Round # 1 , we lost to a Canberra team that were better prepared for the game. Canberra played very well that night & credit should be given to them.

In Round #2 Manly showed plenty of courage & despite being caned in the penalties went very close to snatching the match.

Hopefully things will turn for the better this weekend . The Sharks have lost good forwards from last season ( Nutley , Stevens , Galloway ) , but they have plenty of pace in the backs. I'm sure Kimmorley will be out to have a big game & I'm certain Darren Albert would have fond memories of his last encounter against the Eagles.

Let's all just get down to Brookie Oval this Saturday night & support our team.

No panic has set in for me yet!!

I am with you, i been trying to tell everyone to be patient and not expect to much from them early!!

Some people can't help themselves

How can Hagan be a good coach? The state of Origin was a debacle! They lost their first 14 games last year and were spooners. I thought it was only results that determined how good a coach is?

To answer the question seriously (cos Byso is again revealing his ignorance) we have a lack of a decent front row and problems in the centres! You need class in both positions to do well!

Newcastle are first and playing good footy.

Can Hagan coach?

Is Hagan better than Dazzler?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4