Knights sound out Farrar for return to home club

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think the utility spot will also depend on which williams is on the wing next year.
Will Trex make the transition to bench backrower/utility? Or will he stay on the wing?

TerryRandall link said:
The secret to staying ahead of the salary cap is to recognise talent early, and sign players up before their potential is recognised by others ie before the asking price goes up. We seem to wait until everyone else recognises the value in our players before we start negotiations.

Absolutely - our negotiations appear painfully slow - all that happens is you end up paying more for all your players if your team starts winning and every other club scavengess on the remains. It seems the only time we ever get around to making an offer to off contract players is five minutes before they walk out the door as they throw an ultimatum at the club - Warea Hargraves, Hodkinson, Matai, Foran ? all examples and now Farrer will be next.  I am sure its not as simple as this but from the outside it seems a bit like it.

You certainly couldnt accuse the retention commitee of rushing into hasty decisions.  

I am a massive fan of procrastination at work ..... bugger it I will do it tomorrow...plenty of time left yet......Works OK if you are employed by your local council... not so good in footy clubs

jwaa link said:
I think the utility spot will also depend on which williams is on the wing next year.
Will Trex make the transition to bench backrower/utility? Or will he stay on the wing?

Bench him but turn him into a prop forward,his got the size and our 3 back rowers really need no interchange whatsoever
i dont know why Rodney had to come off every game with 15min left

There's no question.

At full strength, TRex is an impact forward, Farrar is utility, Rosey is 1 bench prop & Kitey the other.

That was supposed to be the 2010 team. Dave & Bretts injuries screwed that up.

All you have to do for 2011 is replace Hodko with DCE & that's round 1. Let's hope that team takes the field.

Shane link said:
I hope Trex becomes a Prop,he would be awesome

Last year I was not a fan of Trex at all, his game against the Tigers summed it up for me, turning like the titanic and looking like he didn't care. Since then I will gladly admit he has improved each and every game, now he looks like he belongs.

He would add imense utility value from the bench, able to cover the wing, centers, 5/8, second row, prop. Add that to Farrar, who I still think suits a Le Strange role as a late game balin replacement. (I know he is a little small for hooker.) Rose, and either Kite or another younger prop if he goes to england and we have a killer bench.

Gotta keep Benny. He is one guy that has big enough kahunas to take the big guys on. He's safe as our last line of defence & now he's chiming in with the centres in attack.

Pound for pound on defence - that boy's got ballz - BIG ballz!

I love thinking that Brett will be back next year & will be as good as ever but who knows wot happens around the corner.

Astro Boy is a good fill-in player for many positions.

why dont they leave farrar  alone    if they want  to sound any one out from our team why dont they take back bailey the dud.. bring him back to your home club.. leave farrar ALONE!!!!!!!........

Like i said earlier,Farrar being gone while annoying could be the best,id rather keep Matai and Foran,i love those 2

Farrar is that dependable man in the 25 who doesnt quiet cut it into our 17 at full strength

Disagree Shane, I think he's a very valuable asset that sits about 18th / 19th at full strength....and if Matai goes it would be a toss up between him and Whare for the centre spot.

Whare showed his potential,not for his 3 tries and just power but for his pass back to Robbo instead of trying to run over a fullback,dont get me wrong i love Farrar but i think most of the remaining time in this club will be spent in reserves

Which i personally hate due to my manlove for Farrar

TerryRandall link said:
Why do we have to finalise Matai negotiations before \"turning our attention\" to signing Farrar? Are we not able to handle more than one contract negotiation at the same time. Farrar should have been signed long ago - regardless of B.Stewart outcome, he offers significant utility value. And yes, I realise we can't sign everyone, before someone points this out.

The club may be very close to the cap so if the priority is to retain Matai the extra $$ will go into that. Personally I really hope they are both around for a few more seasons

jjai link said:
why dont they leave farrar  alone    if they want  to sound any one out from our team why dont they take back bailey the dud.. bring him back to your home club.. leave farrar ALONE!!!!!!!........

Reminds me of "Leave Brittney Alone" (youtube it :))

Codie.....I just did the youtube thing, how freakin funny is that...thanks for the advice to check it out......I suppose at least one thing she has is passion  (and a Moustache)

Farrar is a great utility player, he can play so many positions and i would love to see him stay at the club.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Codie.....I just did the youtube thing, how freakin funny is that...thanks for the advice to check it out......I suppose at least one thing she has is passion  (and a Moustache)

Mark, that was a guy.

On NRL on Fox on Wednesday that had the manly players as yet unsigned for 2011. Foran wasn't on the list. Matai and Farrar were the main 2 yet to sign.

I know you can't rely on the media but i don't think there will be any issues retaining Foran. I haven't heard any rumours of other clubs chasing him which would be the norm. Personally, if Foran isn't in a Manly jersey next year, i would go so far as to say i would not renew my membership next year!

codewana link said:
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=184331.msg279486#msg279486 date=1280353473]

Mark, that was a guy.

[/quote]

You reckon?

Looked and sounded female to me

Mark from Brisbane link said:
[quote author=codewana link=topic=184331.msg279776#msg279776 date=1280441645]
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=184331.msg279486#msg279486 date=1280353473]
Codie.....I just did the youtube thing, how freakin funny is that...thanks for the advice to check it out......I suppose at least one thing she has is passion  (and a Moustache)

Mark, that was a guy.

[/quote]

You reckon?

Looked and sounded female to me
[/quote]

Me too, but alas, he is a dude.

Here's the video for those wondering:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc

From Wikipedia:
"Chris Crocker (born December 7, 1987)[4] is an American internet celebrity, occasional blogger, and occasional recording artist. Crocker gained international fame in September 2007 from his viral video "Leave Britney Alone", in which he tearfully defends pop singer Britney Spears's comeback performance at the MTV Video Music Awards; his video had over four million views in two days.[5] The video received international media attention, hundreds of parodies and criticism for Crocker."

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6