Pre-Game Knights v Manly [Round 5, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

6 30
McDonald Jones Stadium
07 Apr 2022 07:50 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch

Bencher
Even without Tom, this is a game we need to be winning. Newcastle essentially have their entire backrow out (Frizell will 100% be out given he came off with a hamstring injury). Klemmer is also out so there are no excuses for our forwards not to be up for this game.

With the weather, it'll be a pretty dour exchange but I'm pretty optimistic we can get the job done.

MW66

Reserve Grader
100%. When's Tuitavake going to get a shot? He's 21 now so it's not like he's too young to be playing first grade, even as a prop.
Agree 100%. Tuitavake was impressive in the trials. What is disconcerting is that he is on the bench for Ressies. Either he is being groomed to be a benchy for 1sts OR we don't rate him. He has played State junior reps and was picked in an Australian junior rep team. Been in the system for a few years now and deserving of a chance. What am I missing?

MW66

Reserve Grader
Just on Tippytoes, why hasn't he been given a chance in 1st grade? While not 'highly rated' at the Roosters he was rated and his trial form earlier this year was solid. he appears to be athletic and big bodied.

Harper was again rag dolled on the weekend so imagine him against Knights (Best/Gagai) or any of the top sides with big bodied centres and I just don't get it. He was in ressies at Dogs, was ok last year (except against top 4 sides where he was badly exposed) so its not like there is a lot of pedigree either. I can live with Parker's defence but Harper just gets pushed aside regularly. This along with a 'proper' number 9 is out most glaring issue.

The Who

Journey Man
Just on Tippytoes, why hasn't he been given a chance in 1st grade? While not 'highly rated' at the Roosters he was rated and his trial form earlier this year was solid. he appears to be athletic and big bodied.

Harper was again rag dolled on the weekend so imagine him against Knights (Best/Gagai) or any of the top sides with big bodied centres and I just don't get it. He was in ressies at Dogs, was ok last year (except against top 4 sides where he was badly exposed) so its not like there is a lot of pedigree either. I can live with Parker's defence but Harper just gets pushed aside regularly. This along with a 'proper' number 9 is out most glaring issue.
The form of the Blacktown Workers would suggest he, and others in the Manly system, are nothing special. If they can't star at this level what chance is there in First Grade.
While Harpo's form this seasons has been down on his 2021 efforts I thought he had his best match this season against the Faders. I think he would be the first back dropped when all our options are available but it will take our Workers' players to step up and shine.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Interesting comments from Lachlan Croker as well when asked about the team selections for this week.

“Dessie has a few aces up his sleeve,” he said. “He may have a few changes that will surprise a few people.”
Lol, I think there are some here who'd be surprised at any changes (!)
However this is good fodder for speculation, let's see now...
Schu to return a week early! that would be an ace up a sleeve!
Who else qualifies as an ace? Um, Jorge?? no, but that would surprise a few people, lol.
As would any of the candidates for a debut, Weekes Tuipulotu and Tuitavake.

How about
Garrick to FB for Turbo
Christian T to wing for Garrick
Koula retains his centre spot to mark Gagai
Schu to the bench in place of Walker
Sipley to prop in place of Marty

skeagle

Reserve Grader
bullemor should get at least a bench spot but idk who would be out, he looked promising in the opening rounds, good leg speed and energy

ALinda

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Even without Tom, this is a game we need to be winning. Newcastle essentially have their entire backrow out (Frizell will 100% be out given he came off with a hamstring injury). Klemmer is also out so there are no excuses for our forwards not to be up for this game.

With the weather, it'll be a pretty dour exchange but I'm pretty optimistic we can get the job done.
You're right, the rain predicted will have a significant bearing on this game and it'll be a battle of the forwards.

Guess it's a blessing Tom's not playing, with a sus knee and greater injury risk in the rain. The Knights are ideal to play against this week to work out combinations, etc and prepare for the weeks ahead.

Who else qualifies as an ace? Um, Jorge?? no, but that would surprise a few people, lol.

How about
Garrick to FB for Turbo
Think you are very close Sipley for Keppie though - the rest will be pretty spot on. Schu I am just taking a hunch on. The rest I think absolutely happen.

40 nil

It's only a game ...
Believe it or not, many of us will need to wait longer to learn about team selection this week...

till 4pm instead of 3pm in QLD

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!

How about
Garrick to FB for Turbo
Please be Schuster back a week early! Do we have any inside oil on whether Schus training and what condition he’s in? Seems to be the type of guy who could put a few kid on with an ankle injury and lose a hit of fitness.

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!

How about
Garrick to FB for Turbo
Please be Schuster back a week early! Do we have any inside oil on whether Schus training and what condition he’s in? Seems to be the type of guy who could put a few kid on with an ankle injury and lose a bit of fitness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17