Knuckles fumes over Latham injury

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Larkham? Talk to any non-Australian and they'll tell you he's a running joke in the rugby world. A disgrace to the number 10.

Larkham a joke !!! I've heard everything now.

I suppose Butch James is better. Better at head highs and shoulder charges.

Larkham should be knighted for having to play his whole career outside two step Gregan.

Our only hope in the RWC is to limp into the semis and play the All Blacks and wait for the inevitable choke.

Larkham wouldn't play five eighth for any provincial team in any country with rugby pedigree - NZ, SA, France, UK. They'd have kept him at fullback.

He's a predictable, one-dimensional player with no kicking ability.

Whoah, terribly harsh call. Larkham was a good fullback, just like Mini was a good winger in league, but it's no accident that a big chunk of the Australian golden period came when he was moved to fly half.

He has a sublime running game, easily the most accurate passer in the current Aussie side - I'll concede that his kicking game is his weakness, but then why put him at fullback? That's the position where the player needs to biggest accurate boot.

When Larkham's kicking game is off, it is abysmal, but generally his boot is true enough. Ideally he shouldn't have needed to kick as much recently with three good boots of Latham, Gits and Rogers around him.

Anyway. Larkham = our only hope of winning a game this year.

Australia's golden period came when Horan was at inside centre and covered for Larkham's weaknesses. They've been **** house since he retired.

Larkham wouldn't play five eighth for any provincial team in any country with rugby pedigree - NZ, SA, France, UK. They'd have kept him at fullback.

He's a predictable, one-dimensional player with no kicking ability.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He managed to find a bit of kicking ability in the RWC semi in '99.

Depends on what you'd like in a fly half. I'd rather watch someone prepared to run the ball, and someone with passing skills and a bit of vision. I reckon Bernie has a pretty decent short kicking game anyway.

You'd obviously rather watch Jannie the Bore or Joel Kransky kick drop goals all day.

Wouldn't get a run at fly half in any country with rugby pedigree :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Keep 'em coming.

Bernie the best
July 10, 2005 - 11:37am
Story by: SPORTAL

While the rival coaches in Saturday's Bundaberg Rum Rugby Series Test between Australia and South Africa don't see eye to eye on a lot of things they agree on one issue following the Wallabies' win - Stephen Larkham is the best flyhalf in the world.

Larkham won his second straight man of the match award as he orchestrated the Wallabies' 30-12 win over the Springboks, a performance that amazed Australian coach Eddie Jones.
"I thought he was incredible, 31 years of age and at the end of the game he is still making line breaks," Jones said.
"I really believe he can get better. He keeps adding to his game."
Larkham's international future was rumoured to be in jeopardy after he missed much of the Super 12 due to injury but he has bounced back to his best, with Springboks coach Jake White saying he sets the standard for his position.

"The whole world is trying to find the same kind of no.10 and I think that puts it into perpsective," White said.

"I need to find some guy like Larkham but he can't play for two countries so he is going to have to stay here."

Despite the praise, Larkham was not satisfied with his performance, especially with the boot.
"It was a big defensive effort from the guys so we didn't get to show much in attack," Larkham said.
"Personally I could have found the turf a little more (with my kicking)"

And Timmy wasn't even around to help him out

Yep, give me Naas Botha or Joel Stransky any day of the week. The win tight games as opposed to being flat track bullies.

Mate you have to come up with a new saying for belittling Australian sporting greats, this "flat track bully" chestnut is getting tiresome.

If performing at the highest level against the best the world has to offer in both RWC and Super12/14 isn't good enough for you, perhaps he should go and have a stab at the Currie Cup and see how he goes against the best eye gougers, biters, stompers and cheap shot merchants the world has to offer.

one thing id like to see change is to give them 1 point for field goals. Rugby has turned to **** with these European teams opting for drop goals or penalties when ever they get close.

I want running rugby.
Farr-Jones to Lynah. Lynah to Horan . Big pass out to Campo and hes away.
TRY.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4