Lachlan Galvin

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He’s signed with the Tigers til the end of 2026.The Tigers do have a young half in their lower grades called Latu Fainu,who’s injured at the moment,but could look to go elsewhere now that Luai is heading there.Anyone know anything about this Fainu bloke,apparently people on some fans forum of his former club went apoplectic over his departure.Seems strange considering he hadn’t played first grade yet and his new club has him down the list a fair way

Are we chasing or showing interest in Lachlan Galvin from Wests Tigers?
This was from @The Wheel back in December

From the Mole;

Manly is starting to think about life after Daly Cherry-Evans - and a player high on the wish list is Tigerswonder boy Lachlan Galvin.

DCE played as well as ever in 2023 and still has two years left on his contract at Manly.

But by the time he has completed his 14th and 15th seasons with the club, he will be 36 years old and likely to hang up his boots.

Galvin, 18, is regarded as the premier young halfback talent in the game and will join the Tigers' top-30 squad next season with a view to being blooded in the NRL late in the year.

The Tigers have a high opinion of the Australian Schoolboys rep but also have an abundance of playmakers in their ranks - they have signed Jarome Luai, Jayden Sullivan, Aidan Sezer and Latu Fainu in recent months and also have Adam Doueihi in their Ranks.

Having so many playmakers on good money in their squad leads to an unbalanced salary cap and at least one or two will have to go in coming seasons.

Galvin is managed by Isaac Moses - who also happens to handle Manly coach Anthony Seibold - greatly boosting the Sea Eagles' hopes of getting Galvin on board.

No formal talks have been held - but watch this space

He’s signed with the Tigers til the end of 2026.The Tigers do have a young half in their lower grades called Latu Fainu,who’s injured at the moment,but could look to go elsewhere now that Luai is heading there.Anyone know anything about this Fainu bloke,apparently people on some fans forum of his former club went apoplectic over his departure.Seems strange considering he hadn’t played first grade yet and his new club has him down the list a fair way
Wonder how Hail Sezer is thinking, moved from the ESL to be their golden boy, only to find yourself on the bench.

This was from @The Wheel back in December

From the Mole;

Manly is starting to think about life after Daly Cherry-Evans - and a player high on the wish list is Tigerswonder boy Lachlan Galvin.

DCE played as well as ever in 2023 and still has two years left on his contract at Manly.

But by the time he has completed his 14th and 15th seasons with the club, he will be 36 years old and likely to hang up his boots.

Galvin, 18, is regarded as the premier young halfback talent in the game and will join the Tigers' top-30 squad next season with a view to being blooded in the NRL late in the year.

The Tigers have a high opinion of the Australian Schoolboys rep but also have an abundance of playmakers in their ranks - they have signed Jarome Luai, Jayden Sullivan, Aidan Sezer and Latu Fainu in recent months and also have Adam Doueihi in their Ranks.

Having so many playmakers on good money in their squad leads to an unbalanced salary cap and at least one or two will have to go in coming seasons.

Galvin is managed by Isaac Moses - who also happens to handle Manly coach Anthony Seibold - greatly boosting the Sea Eagles' hopes of getting Galvin on board.

No formal talks have been held - but watch this space
I wouldn't take the Mole seriously on Galvin, he talks him up so much, and says so much about him, that you'd think he was literally his agent. The mole seems to do anything, and say anything, to promote Galvin. What's most likely is that someone at Manly made a spreadsheet, called "potential DCE replacements" and Galvin was on there somewhere. Funnily enough, they probably left out who would likely be topping that list - Beau Alexander, already here at Manly, but still a couple of years off, but flagged by many people I know as a genuine future replacement.

EDIT: Would also like to say that Galvin leans more towards the 5/8 / Backrower type of 5/8, rather than the 5/8 / Halfback type of 7. He's a big build, and you should take him more as a Josh Schuster type half rather than a DCE type half. Many people have been flagging him as a future skilled backrower rather than a 7/6 option.

I wouldn't take the Mole seriously on Galvin, he talks him up so much, and says so much about him, that you'd think he was literally his agent. The mole seems to do anything, and say anything, to promote Galvin. What's most likely is that someone at Manly made a spreadsheet, called "potential DCE replacements" and Galvin was on there somewhere. Funnily enough, they probably left out who would likely be topping that list - Beau Alexander, already here at Manly, but still a couple of years off, but flagged by many people I know as a genuine future replacement.

EDIT: Would also like to say that Galvin leans more towards the 5/8 / Backrower type of 5/8, rather than the 5/8 / Halfback type of 7. He's a big build, and you should take him more as a Josh Schuster type half rather than a DCE type half. Many people have been flagging him as a future skilled backrower rather than a 7/6 option.
I'm with you Phobia I don't believe anything that comes from the mole. We've got Humphries anyway who I'm sure will be our half after DCE retires.

Galvin was only linked to Manly momentarily and by one journo.Galvin was re-signed under Tim Sheens tenure and the Mole is a Sheens sycophant.I suspect the Mole was doing Sheens’ dirty work after he was moved on by the Tigers and just used Galvin’s association with Isaac Moses to link him with Manly

I'm with you Phobia I don't believe anything that comes from the mole. We've got Humphries anyway who I'm sure will be our half after DCE retires.
I disagree, dont see Humphreys going back to to the halves if he is to make it in first grade here.

If he was seen as DCEs heir he'd be locked up longer than a 1 year extension that he was given fairly late last year.

$5000 a small price for Wests Tigers to bring hyped teenager home​

When it became apparent that there wasn’t a spot for Lachlan Galvin at Parramatta, there was one potential impediment to his return to the Wests Tigers.

The transfer would require the Tigers to pay a development fee of up to $5000, a sum that can often be a deal-breaker for clubs. Which is why Galvin’s father, James, told Tigers’ pathways and junior recruitment manager Shannon Gallant that he would chip in to help cover the cost

Clubs don’t like to pay it if they don’t have to,” James said. “I just said to Shannon, ‘If you pay half, I’ll pay the other half’.”

Galvin snr needn’t have worried. Part of Gallant’s charter is ensuring the best young juniors who have been lost to rival clubs return to the Tigers. Young Galvin was high on the priority list, and when Gallant did a background check with one of his previous coaches, Wayne Lambkin, the club was only too happy to pick up the tab.

I was more than happy to oblige,” Gallant said. “There were talks of potential development fees, but the club was more than happy to pay to get one of its good kids home.

“When I rang Wayne to ask about him, I didn’t even get to finish his name. He said, ‘Do whatever you can to get him’.”

The development fee has been money well spent. At just 18, Galvin has been named to make his NRL debut for the Tigers against Canberra on Saturday. The Campbelltown junior will partner former Dragon Jayden “Bud” Sullivan in a new-look halves pairing in Benji Marshall’s first game in charge.

It is a remarkable rise for Galvin. When he returned to his junior club, Western Suburbs Magpies already had two contracted junior halves. So the Westfield Sports High product played the 2022 season in the back row as part of an undefeated team that won the premiership

He just blossomed, he loved it,” James said. “It worked out perfect.”

Lachlan Galvin has been dreaming about an NRL debut all his life.

Lachlan Galvin has been dreaming about an NRL debut all his life.

Although still in his teens, Galvin has already won the respect of his NRL teammates. The fittest man at the Tigers, the teen broke the club record for the 1.2km Bronco trial with a time of four minutes and 15 seconds.

“Once we saw him in action, he was killing everyone in the fitness drills,” Tigers captain Apisai Koroisau said.

“That was the thing that caught everyone’s eye, and then he started playing some footy, and he’s just as good as that, too.”

Tigers forward Stefano Utoikamanu added: “Oh, he’s a good kid. He’s trained very hard to get the news and it’s good. He’s getting an opportunity now and everyone’s gonna see how good he goes. I think he’s a good player, so I’m happy. He’s ready for this.”

Fellow forward David Klemmer said Galvin showed a maturity that belied his age.

He could have used the excuse coming in here that he’s an 18-year-old kid, just dipped his toe in [the water],” Klemmer said.

“He’s come in here full throttle, winning every single fitness drill and fitness test by a mile. He’s trained hard, he’s done all the hard work. He’s a credit to himself. Now he’s got his debut

James said his son, all 193 centimetres of him, was hungry for success.

“The only funny thing about Lachie, he’s a massive eater,” James said. “If he comes home from training and his mother doesn’t have his food prepared, it’s like he’s going to cry.”

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8