Lack of Energy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Penrith done everything quicker
Apart from dominating the time on the ground, they all seemed hungrier
The Panthers were allowed to hold longer in defence and play it like touch footy - often off the mark
In defence they used 3-4 tacklers vs Manlys 2 and were rewarded with controlling the Manly ruck to a snails pace...and a generous referee...though again, when playing with energy- these seem the calls
It's nothing to do with the old they shut down Tom....you could have a super hero playing behind a team on the back foot and that will be the result....zero momentum
When it gets tough and it becomes a fight, Manly leave the ring....till this changes- expect the same results

Penrith done everything quicker
Apart from dominating the time on the ground, they all seemed hungrier
The Panthers were allowed to hold longer in defence and play it like touch footy - often off the mark
In defence they used 3-4 tacklers vs Manlys 2 and were rewarded with controlling the Manly ruck to a snails pace...and a generous referee...though again, when playing with energy- these seem the calls
It's nothing to do with the old they shut down Tom....you could have a super hero playing behind a team on the back foot and that will be the result....zero momentum
When it gets tough and it becomes a fight, Manly leave the ring....till this changes- expect the same results
Same **** diff year for Manly

Wow what a dull game.

Penrith looked much more match fit and well prepared tonight, plus Manly do not play well in the wet.

Is it just me or is the game bat**** boring at the moment. No energy, no aggression, no controversy, no drama. Just back and forth dull dull.

NYEagle

Yep....this physical style game we get blown off the park....this is Manly's biggest hurdle....once they beat a top 4 side in a physical game, will give genuine belief to win those BIG games
Yep....this physical style game we get blown off the park....this is Manly's biggest hurdle....once they beat a top 4 side in a physical game, will give genuine belief to win those BIG games
that’s exactly it!

Faark, some of you guys are doom merchants.
The way the game is at the moment, repeat sets are killers, whether from penalties, restarts, errors or kicks.
I don’t know what the tackle count ended up but keeping them below 30 with a sub down I thought wasn’t as ugly as it could have been.
The Panthers were on the front foot and would’ve beaten pretty much anyone tonight imo.

They totally monstered us! I have not seen a Manly team owned like that physically in a long while. The lack of energy came from only having 40 percent of the pill during the game, that killed us. We have to in future complete sets, get repeats and wear teams down. That is what Penrith do so easily and something we need to do!

The way the game is at the moment, repeat sets are killers, whether from penalties, restarts, errors or kicks.
I don’t know what the tackle count ended up but keeping them below 30 with a sub down I thought wasn’t as ugly as it could have been.
The Panthers were on the front foot and would’ve beaten pretty much anyone tonight imo.

Just think it's because we've been literally monstered and flogged 3 of the last 4, with pretty well the same team, and haven't beaten a top 4 team in 18 months. I'm sure it'll eventually turn around, everyone knows that....but the frustration is warranted imo.

Agreed but riff were on the front foot because we had zero control over the ruck...
We have big forwards that got out-muscled and out-performed generally tonight... observing the obvious does not make one a "doom merchant" - as others have stated, we will still beat up on the weak teams but tonight showed up our own weak points imo...

So, we know the problem what is the answer?
We were missing The Shoe, who is a magician in attack but will not improve our defence.
Our only recruitment, Bully, is an attacking weapon who does not improve our defence.
Walker was missing tonight but again, he does nothing to strengthen our defence.
Apart from Jurbo and Guaca our other forwards didn't/don't have the mongrel/determination of the Penrith pack.
We need to find/try some of the other props in our squad. I don't think Lance is a realistic candidate. DeLuxe does tackle well but doesn't intimidate. Davey looked promising the little we saw of him last year so he'd be one possibility, but I've not seen enough of the other candidates to nominate any other replacement forwards, unfortunately.

So, we know the problem what is the answer?
We were missing The Shoe, who is a magician in attack but will not improve our defence.
Our only recruitment, Bully, is an attacking weapon who does not improve our defence.
Walker was missing tonight but again, he does nothing to strengthen our defence.
Apart from Jurbo and Guaca our other forwards didn't/don't have the mongrel/determination of the Penrith pack.
We need to find/try some of the other props in our squad. I don't think Lance is a realistic candidate. DeLuxe does tackle well but doesn't intimidate. Davey looked promising the little we saw of him last year so he'd be one possibility, but I've not seen enough of the other candidates to nominate any other replacement forwards, unfortunately.
Going for mobility over size is our only real option if we want to change our horizons... blokes like Davey, Fainu and DeLuis offer that but are they good enough to improve the side overall? Not sure...

Josh (x2) may make significant difference...

Going for mobility over size is our only real option if we want to change our horizons... blokes like Davey, Fainu and DeLuis offer that but are they good enough to improve the side overall? Not sure...

Josh (x2) may make significant difference...
The team needed a couple of no look passes to kick start their season .Hurry back Josh x 2 .

Looked like our forwards were matching them early, then after those repeat sets after repeat sets understandably sapped all energy and Panthers found it easy to dominate the ruck.

I thought Manly rolled off the ruck quicker for fear of a 6 to go, which happened a lot on the 4th tackle. Could also hear the ref call out roll away or release as soon as Manly made a tackle, panthers on the other hand were allowed to muscle up and really slow the play the ball down.

I think we will be fine in the forwards with more possession. We only had 35% possession and Panthers are the best defensive side in comp.

My biggest fear is still the hooker. We don't have any direction or attack and teams will continue to Target Tom. Big worry

Looked like our forwards were matching them early, then after those repeat sets after repeat sets understandably sapped all energy and Panthers found it easy to dominate the ruck.

I thought Manly rolled off the ruck quicker for fear of a 6 to go, which happened a lot on the 4th tackle. Could also hear the ref call out roll away or release as soon as Manly made a tackle, panthers on the other hand were allowed to muscle up and really slow the play the ball down.

I think we will be fine in the forwards with more possession. We only had 35% possession and Panthers are the best defensive side in comp.

My biggest fear is still the hooker. We don't have any direction or attack and teams will continue to Target Tom. Big worry
Agree,
my take on the game was that we were great coming out of the blocks,we made ground and were pushing over the advantage line easily and looking really good with our attack.
After about 12 minutes they started getting BS repeat sets helping them out of their half and getting field position,we started having to hit it out from our own line(good tactical kicking to put it deep down our left) and they were not getting pinged the same as we were (the hold downs in the play the ball were not policed evenly).
By about 25 min mark we were gassed however we got a good try on the bell.
The second half we were obviously fatigued and got the same ref treatment.
I was not overly disappointed from a first game of the season,every time we had a little position away from our line our backline and tactics started to click,they made a few errors which gave us some opportunities however there were some howlers that were blindly missed by the refs.
We defended well considering and never dropped our heads,but I am sure our season is over for many here....

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10