Last 13mins Storm Game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Thanks for your analysis of the last 13 min TC it was very enlightening. I always enjoy your coaching comments keep them up thanks.

mickqld said:
Thanks for your analysis of the last 13 min TC it was very enlightening. I always enjoy your coaching comments keep them up thanks.

He also finds his comments enlightening and enjoyable.

Personally I thought our decision to kick for penalty goal early in the game was poor and may have cost us the game. Firstly we had no recognised kicker on the night so why would you and secondly we blew a perfect chance to get on top of them early. Even if we hadn't scored we should of concentrated on getting a repeat set and putting them under pressure early, back pedalling and taking the upper hand in momentum.

Technical Coach said:
every comment TC makes is due to the fact Dessie makes time after each win to annoy the members of Silvertails.

Does it feel better now you have admitted it Des?

Now come clean on how Greenberg lured you over to the dog house (causing him to resign from his post), admit you made the biggest mistake of your life, resign from the Dogs and come back to coach our NSW cup team and all will be forgiven (almost).

:p

mickqld said:
Personally I thought our decision to kick for penalty goal early in the game was poor and may have cost us the game. Firstly we had no recognised kicker on the night so why would you and secondly we blew a perfect chance to get on top of them early. Even if we hadn't scored we should of concentrated on getting a repeat set and putting them under pressure early, back pedalling and taking the upper hand in momentum.

I thought it was the right decision if we had a genuine goal kicker at the time. Expecting a 60% at best kicker to kick from more than 30m out off centre first kick under pressure is too much to ask so in that context the wrong decision.

What tends to happen sometimes is bad kickers will kick well from out wide as they are under no pressure or expectation to kick the goal so are more relaxed and tighten up more with easier kicks.

If you told Matai it was just a standard kick restart from half way he would kick it straight and dead most times.

MadMarcus said:
Technical Coach said:
every comment TC makes is due to the fact Dessie makes time after each win to annoy the members of Silvertails.

Now come clean on how Greenberg lured you over to the dog house (causing him to resign from his post), admit you made the biggest mistake of your life, resign from the Dogs and come back to coach our NSW cup team and all will be forgiven (almost).

You should check the ladder mate.

MadMarcus said:
Technical Coach said:

It was the money that lured me over not Greenberg, either way i was sick of the budget cut backs in the training department all to achieve a boring MWSE surplus at the expense of growth in the training department.

To me it makes sound economic sense to invest in growth areas such as performance units that are the future drivers in job creation especially in these Salary Cap times than waste money on trying to work around all those back ended deals i left you.

Lets just move on and forward----enjoy our past successes and embrace the fact that it was a win win situation for both clubs and coaching appointments.

MWSE and the Bulldogs have since made GF's--- MWSE have made a profit for the first time in history and i can finally get the financial rewards i so thoroughly deserve on top of a much improved better funded training department to work with.

All the best.

Dessie

And you took T Rex for your sins. Thanks for that.

Jerry1 said:
MadMarcus said:
Technical Coach said:

You should check the ladder mate.

Jokes on us I guess. Des may have trashed his legacy but thanks to 3 1-point wins the Dogs are leading the comp in May 2014 which more than makes up for it. We are coming a mere second. When we win the comp at the end of the year we will all look back and be jealous of the Dogs big May success.

This might open me to all sorts of accusations of negativity but the disappointing aspect of both Storm losses for me is that our onfield leaders did not take charge the way theirs did at the end.
Even our last play at AAMI was bad. Shovel along the backs and kick it out on the 4th.
While there seems to be a lot of optimism that at full strength we will beat them (and I think we have been at full strength for about two half games in the last two years) if the match is close on the evidence so far I would back them.
Maybe that's negative but Cronk showed why he is first pick rep halfback.
I leave aside who TC is. Seems to have a lot of time to be on these forums if he is Dessie.

And poor old Jack Gibson thought Rugby League was a simple game.

Thank goodness he won all those premierships and passed away before he found out he was wrong.

We didn't miss any tackles in those two Storm tries. They came from clever kicks. Some times you lose when you are the better team.
Don't forget the first semi-final last year against Easts. We won every stat - except the one that mattered, when Easts scored the only try of the game from a kick.
Kicks are a lottery. Our defence has been very good this year.

The momentum swung when from 40m out on the first tackle Ballin ran from dummyhalf, made a half break, but was pulled down by a Storm defender that wasn't a marker or back 10m. Manly players all threw their hands up for a penalty but the referees ignored it. It meant Manly ended that set much further out from the Storm line and it was then that the Storm got back into Manly's half for the comeback try.

No science involved, just a referee deciding to ignore a penalty for no explicable reason.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2