Last Fan Standing Comp - OPEN

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who Will Win The Round 24 Game

• Total voters
All ten remaining tippers are through. First week of no casualties.

Poll Locked, registered votes below.

Broncos 0
Sharks 0
Eels 0
Panthers
ALinda, CAMBO, Corso_Pete, Frank, mosto, SeaEagleRock8, TWO DOGS, vidmar 8
Bulldogs
Canteen Worker, captainskin, Clint 3
Storm 0

lol....

JM5EoOS.gif

SeaEagleRock8 said:
I thought there were only 10 left!

There are !! A couple of posters don't want to accept defeat and keep getting back to their feet despite overwhelming evidence of their demise. Have to admire that never say die attitude, but it is for nought.

Well the Eels have delivered the LFS goods again, like a Swiss watch. 8 out of 10 through to next round so far.

Gawd, hurry up people and pick incorrectly. We're just all waiting to see clint win anyway!!!!

And if it's over soon enough........

ROUND TWO BABY!!!!!

Everyone through for the second week in a row. Might have to start making it interesting by incorporating some points start.

Chip and Chase said:
Everyone through for the second week in a row. Might have to start making it interesting by incorporating some points start.

The NRL site has a similar competition called the Eliminator. It's similar to LFS except that you can't pick the same team twice during a successful tipping streak. Once your streak comes to an end you are free to start over again. There are other rules but I won't go into them here. The winner at the end of the season is the one with the longest streak.

The rule we have where we can't pick the same team twice in a row is OK but the obvious tactic of cycling through the top few sides seems to be working for most. Introducing a rule stating that you can't pick the same team twice might make it interesting!

I think it is progressing OK. It wasn't my intention to try and wrap the competition up as quickly as possible. I'm Ok if it goes on for a few weeks, eventually we will get a winner, we've got till Round 26. To be honest I didn't expect so many casualties in the first 2 weeks, I thought we'd still have half the field going by this stage.

If things drag on without change in the next week or two then I will incorporate some points start to make in more challenging.

Chip and Chase said:

Obviously this has happened because the cream of silvertails tipping has risen to the top :D

Agree with Cambo - cream at the top!!!!

You could amend the rules so that the same losing team can't be selected each week. Too easy to just pick who is playing Parramatta!!!

Canteen Worker said:
Agree with Cambo - cream at the top!!!!

You could amend the rules so that the same losing team can't be selected each week. Too easy to just pick who is playing Parramatta!!!

That's pretty much the theory I'm going with :p

Week 7 Picks

Tigers 0 0%
Warriors 0 0%
Raiders 70.00%
ALinda, CAMBO, Canteen Worker, Corso_Pete, Frank, mosto, TWO DOGS 7 70.00%
Eels 0 0%
Roosters 10.00%
Clint 1 10.00%
Sharks 0 0%
Panthers 0 0%
Knights 0 0%