Last nights travel

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jerry1

First Grader
Took me over 2 hours to get from collaroy to the sfs last night. I got there after the first try was scored. The scg field car park was not open an I had to go to the Multi story which took ages to get in and out of. Real **** fight.

How did the busses go? I heard on the radio there werent enough busses and drove past huge queues on the way in.

Wouldn't have missed it but probably wouldnt drive in next time.

Busses were fine.
I went in earlier than the free busses but coming home was good. Queues were massive but kept flowing. There were thousands heading back to the beaches, busses were pouring down pittwater road when i got off.

Driving is defo a bad idea at a big game there, especially when pt is so good.

Got a message at 6:15 from a mate having a drink at the club. Said queue was 3 people wide and round the corner opposite. My dad got on one of the first buses and only just got there at about 6:45 or 7

Good on the club for the effort to get fans to the game, obviously this is something we need to learn to do better, especially since we will be holding more of these big games in years to come.

I drive in from Castle Hill and ALWAYS get free parking somewhere in the backstreets of Paddington. I have found a lone free spot in a small little dog leg dead end lane that I will keep to myself ;^)
Everything else in Paddington is a risk of getting a parking fine... sometimes worth it though (out of desperation)

Like Duff, I went in early, but came back later as I wasn't willing to wait in the queues.

For the first time of doing this I thought they did a good job. However, they should learn next time from the ANZ Stadium buses: when it gets to a peak time, have 3 running every 10 mins, not 1. That means that if one is full it can express it to Moore Park, but the crowds won't be affected as there would still be 2 buses.

You see this when there is an L90 in peak hours, then another turns up at the bus stop. One will be full, the other partially empty. They'll basically alternate on which stops they stop at.

Good effort for first time though, especially for people going back as I heard the queues moved very quickly.

We passed on the bus when we saw the queue opposite the leagues club just before 6. I had a premonition of disaster (missing kick-off) so we caught a cab and had a great run.

Free buses home after the game worked well, once we found where they were. The queues were huge but moved pretty steadily.

I assume the NRL paid for the buses.

Jerry1 said:
Took me over 2 hours to get from collaroy to the sfs last night. I got there after the first try was scored. The scg field car park was not open an I had to go to the Multi story which took ages to get in and out of. Real s**t fight.

How did the busses go? I heard on the radio there werent enough busses and drove past huge queues on the way in.

Wouldn't have missed it but probably wouldnt drive in next time.

Buses were great except not enough of them, I had a mate at Manly Vale who had to wait about 90 mins to get on a bus as they were all going past full

Got the bus from Elizabeth Street opposite my accommodation at the Sheraton On The Park to the game and back to Central after all hassle free.

Just got home after flying back to Wagga, and an old Manly fan sat behind me on the plane.

The Great Warren Ryan. He doesnt seem to happy about about one of the teams in GF at this stage.

I was first on a 339 bus to Clovelly and the driver let me on for free, after that everyone else had to pay at every stop after that.

I got one of the earlier buses from Warriewood and we passed heaps at DY and Brookvale but had no room for them.

I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned already but our driver missed the turn-off and we ended up at the airport. A passenger helping with directions (glad he knew where he was going!), went through a place I've never been before (Daceyville) and finally got to the SFS at about 7, some 2.5 hrs later. We were just relieved to get there before kick-off, as we were starting to worry we wouldn't make it!

Coming back was a whole lot better, and quicker. Credit where credit's due it was very well organised, despite the long queues, and we were back quickly and efficiently. Full marks to Manly/NRL/Sydney Buses!

We drove from Western Sydney and arrived just after gates open and parked next to the ground for $15.. getting out was pretty bad.. the security dude organising how many cars were going through was horrible. think it took us about half an hour to get out.. got home at midnight. Annoys me when they say Manly fans don't travel.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8