Latrell Mitchell

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Watching Latrell he looks more suited to the number 6 for me, the fullback role is more suited to players who are very quick and extremely fit.

Off the field he does a wonderful job with indigenous communities, he does need to learn on where best to voice his personal opinions on social media, Latrell is very similar to Choc Mundine in sharing his personal views.

Watching Latrell he looks more suited to the number 6 for me, the fullback role is more suited to players who are very quick and extremely fit.

Off the field he does a wonderful job with indigenous communities, he does need to learn on where best to voice his personal opinions on social media, Latrell is very similar to Choc Mundine in sharing his personal views.
It's either that or centre. I don't know that he has the 5th tackle options to really excel at 6; which is why Inglis was a bit hit and miss there. Sure, he could put up the odd bomb here and there, or a left foot grubber, but he is 'flighty' in his decision making at times and loves to pull the trigger with low % football.

He can be an outstanding fullback on occasions and torch teams but that's when everything is going Souths' way and they're running downhill. In tight contests when an effort play is required, he is less effective (these occasions are usually big games against quality opposition).

As much as think Latrell carrys on like a di*k , I don't like or agree with the sustained booing of any 1 player. Just poor form and bad taste. Boo the opposition team or a bad decision or act of thuggery when it happens but not that constant vitriol being thrown at him. Giving the game a bad reputation.
Get your point but Trell could try working on his approach to the game first and then we can have a discussion about whether he is being unfairly targeted… Plenty of outspoken indigenous players in our game that are not getting booed…

Trell just needs to learn that if you play sh*t games, you win sh*t prizes… but he is the typical bully who targets the weaker kids and does not handle it too well when it comes back at him…

Latrell is one of the grubbiest and ill disciplined players in the NRL today. He deserves any backlash he gets as a result.

He's not targeted because he's Indigenous. He's targeted because he's a flog.
Well said, I also shake my head when he wants respect from everyone but doesn't show respect.

eg - that triple mmm interview where he just kept on swearing.

He's not targeted because he's Indigenous. He's targeted because he's a flog.
Is he though? Plenty of non-Indigenous flogs in the NRL have never copped what he's copped, and never will. And the "It's not because he's black, it's because he's a f**kwit" line provides a convenient excuse for hundreds or thousands of predominately white spectators to scream abuse at a black player, which is a very, very ugly look for a sport.

If you've never seen the Adam Goodes documentary, "The Australian Dream", I can't recommend it enough. I'd hate to see what happened to him happen in the sport I love. And every second person who screamed at him or abused him online used the "It's not because he's black, it's because he's a f**kwit" line.

Cam Smith copped a lot of booing. I don't think his skin colour was ever mentioned.

Seems to me, if you act like a sht merkin, people are going to treat you like a sht merkin.

Latrell acts like a sht merkin.

Cam Smith copped a lot of booing. I don't think his skin colour was ever mentioned.

Seems to me, if you act like a sht merkin, people are going to treat you like a sht merkin.

Latrell acts like a sht merkin.
Oooh Cam got nowhere near the vitriol Latrell gets.

I mean I'm no Trell lover per se but I see complaints about grubbiness and ill discipline but I see a player like Radley and I see a very different treatment.

Then people talk about attitude and I see Moses and Gutho treated different.

Then I see issues like him swearing on the triple M interview or wrestling with Wighton but I see but players Like De Belin, Lodge, Fonua Blake etc seem to get very different treatment.

I just find it very interesting.

They are hell bent on making this racist. The fact is he KO'd Addo Carr and he went off for the rest of the game. Bulldogs supporters booed him for the 2nd half. Would happen to anyone anywhere, no matter what colour he is. Take into account the MMM interview and people are just sick of the flog.

Last edited:
Is he though? Plenty of non-Indigenous flogs in the NRL have never copped what he's copped, and never will. And the "It's not because he's black, it's because he's a f**kwit" line provides a convenient excuse for hundreds or thousands of predominately white spectators to scream abuse at a black player, which is a very, very ugly look for a sport.

If you've never seen the Adam Goodes documentary, "The Australian Dream", I can't recommend it enough. I'd hate to see what happened to him happen in the sport I love. And every second person who screamed at him or abused him online used the "It's not because he's black, it's because he's a f**kwit" line.
Point out a current non-indigenous guy in the NRL that is as dirty in the tackle as Trell REG….. ALWAYS puts the niggle in and loves to lead with the hip in the sliding tackle…

Gallen was (and he copped the constant booing, especially in Origin), Ennis was (and he copped it in general)
Sorry were they indigenous?

Play the game, get the prize… screaming “it’s cause I’m black” is a convenient was to avoid judgement for your actual character flaws… seems that people are no longer allowed to boo guys if they are black because of the “impression” it creates…

I did not like the Goodes situation but Adam Goodes and Trell are worlds apart in terms of attitude (on the field) - I can not recall Goodes being dirty once… conversely Barry Hall copped booing endlessly after breaking a blokes face ( but he is white so that does not create a bad impression I guess?)

Mundine was generally hated but I cannot remember there being “racist” booing.. perhaps because he was not a dirty player, he just could not help telling everyone how great he was - guess what? That goes down like a lead balloon…

Flogs are flogs regardless of colour and Trell is an A-grade dirty flog…

Last edited:
Latrell's problem is that he thinks being indigenous entitles him to special treatment and that he is more Australian than non-Aboriginals.

He thinks that only he and his Aboriginal "bruvvas and sistas" are real Australians. The rest of us are just invaders that have ruined THEIR country.

He's a twat of the highest order.

Latrell's problem is that he thinks being indigenous entitles him to special treatment and that he is more Australian than non-Aboriginals.

He thinks that only he and his Aboriginal "bruvvas and sistas" are real Australians. The rest of us are just invaders that have ruined THEIR country.

He's a twat of the highest order.
Has he made statements to this effect?

Would love to see the source where you have got this information from.

Yep sounds like the Sam Newman attitude. And we know how that clown carries on.

Goodes doco is all class and deeply moving. Have watched it many times. Highly recommend to those who haven’t watched.

Not a Cam Smith fan, but it's ridiculous to compare the carry on under the same microscope, I mean Mitchells carry on is 10 x worse.....the colour is just a victim card used as a get out clause, for a player who thinks he is beyond consequence from the NRL and right now, seems about right.
I loved watching Inglis carve up as an amazing indigenous athlete and Latrell at his best has many similar attributes....but like Mundine, to carry on with the red nose and baggy shoes, then claim victimised due to race, is a ridiculous cop out that does not deserve air time, I hope he just gets back to playing great footy, without the BS.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8