Latrell Mitchell

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Did Cliffy get booed?
Laurie Daley?
Andrew Walker?
Nathan Blacklock?
Timana Tahu?
Greg Inglis?
Jack Whighton?
Addo Carr?

Fk me, I could go on forever....
Cliffy is a great of the game arguably the best to wear the maroon and white.

Tingha (Blacklock) liked watching him play, good footballer.

Walker was a very creative player, a few off field issues contributed to why we never got the best out of him on the paddock.

Inglis the bloke from Kempsey who put on a maroons jersey, how that happened who knows, great player.

Latrell is a good footballer, hopefully he lets his game on the ground do the talking like the blokes you listed above, he will be playing origin oh he is fit this year..

Did Cliffy get booed?
Laurie Daley?
Andrew Walker?
Nathan Blacklock?
Timana Tahu?
Greg Inglis?
Jack Whighton?
Addo Carr?

Fk me, I could go on forever....
I feel that is over simplifying the issue.

Latrell is not getting booed solely on the fact he is indigenous, I dont think anyone here is claiming that.

However, in my personal observation, in a league with many niggly, ill disciplined, lairy players, Latrell, for one reason or another seems in inspire a certain level of spite.

It is possible for a player to be both a "flog" as some people put it and be subjected to a inordinate amount of ill will.

But I can only speak on this matter from my own viewpoint and I just think there are players that act equally or more poorly in many of the respects that Latrell is demonised for that not little or no rebuke.

No judgement at my end, people are free to like and dislike whoever they please but I do find the collective furore around Latrell interesting.

Last edited:
I feel that is over simplifying the issue.

Latrell is not getting booed solely on the fact he is indigenous, I dont think anyone here is claiming that.

However, in my personal observation, in a league with many niggly, ill disciplined, lairy players, Latrell, for one reason or another seems in inspire a certain level of spite.

It is possible for a player to be both a "flog" as some people put it and be subjected to a inordinate amount of ill will.

But I can only speak on this matter from my own viewpoint and I just think there are players that act equally or more poorly in many of the respects that Latrell is demonised for that not little or no rebuke.

No judgement at mind end, people are free to like and dislike whoever they please but I do find the collective furore around Latrell interesting.
We generally agree then… crowds should be allowed to pass judgement on a players character without it being simplified to “what a bunch of white racists”…

Two points I will make…
1. assuming it is all white people in the crowd booing Trell or that the majority of the white people booing him are doing so based upon the colour of his skin exhibits the same level of racial discrimination that the crowd is being accused of… (luckily you cannot be racist against a majority, right?)

2. If the bleeding hearts, hangers on and enablers had spent some time holding Trell to account for his actions since he came into the NRL (instead of turning a blind eye due to either his ability or their own generational guilt) then he potentially would not have reached this low point in his career where (after 8 years) crowds have obviously had enough of his teflon BS…

Has he made statements to this effect?

Would love to see the source where you have got this information from.

I got it from using my eyes and ears.

He refuses to sing the national anthem because, evidently, "it doesn't represent him". I'm confused. It's Australia's one and only anthem and it represents us all.

I've got no time for him. But you go ahead and respect him. I'll pass.

A number of indigenous players have stayed silent during the anthem, I believe Cobbo, Haas, HTF, Staggsare amondt them, if that is your primary concern fair enough I assume you are as passionately against those players too.

As Ive stated a few times, I'm fairly neutral on Latrell, more just observe him getting a disproportionate amout of spite compared to others (IMO of course). Ive never stated it was for one reason or another just something I've observed.

But I've said my piece, so I'll leave it at that.

Last edited:
Is he though? Plenty of non-Indigenous flogs in the NRL have never copped what he's copped, and never will. And the "It's not because he's black, it's because he's a f**kwit" line provides a convenient excuse for hundreds or thousands of predominately white spectators to scream abuse at a black player, which is a very, very ugly look for a sport.

If you've never seen the Adam Goodes documentary, "The Australian Dream", I can't recommend it enough. I'd hate to see what happened to him happen in the sport I love. And every second person who screamed at him or abused him online used the "It's not because he's black, it's because he's a f**kwit" line.

You're right, but I also can't think of any other player that is as grubby as Mitchell. The $hit he does is just unnecessary. Then you add in the arrogance and it's not hard to see why people don't like him.

There is a reason he is the most sinbinned player in the NRL, and to be fair, should probably be in there a lot more.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not at all condoning the behaviour of these fans or encouraging them to boo him. I'm just saying I believe that most people are doing it because of Latrell's behaviour, not the colour of his skin.

Wonder what Sam Kerr thinks about this. If she gets booed now, by the white fella, is it because she's indigenous or because she is racist towards white policemen.

Last edited:
It is interesting though across both NRL and AFL the players that tend to get booed (is that the right plural?) more tend to be indigenous.

Again like others have posted here I a not saying it is racism but it does make e wonder when there players like Josh Maguire, Nate Myles etc who were well known cheap shot merchants as yet they never seemed to cope the same treatment?

It is interesting though across both NRL and AFL the players that tend to get booed (is that the right plural?) more tend to be indigenous.

Again like others have posted here I a not saying it is racism but it does make e wonder when there players like Josh Maguire, Nate Myles etc who were well known cheap shot merchants as yet they never seemed to cope the same treatment?
Agree that those two blokes were first rate grubs but they did not have the profile of Trell either - ie. they were not promoted as “the face of the game”
People get sick of grubs being lauded and not getting held to account… Gallen is a better example (as he was high profile) and he was booed every time he touched the ball in origin… then people payed a sh*t tonne of money to see him get his head punched in…

Trell is copping at the minute, (not that I think it is really as big a deal as it is being made out and it will die its own natural death - unless people are consistently told they are not allowed to boo him), partly because he is a grub, partly because he is seen as being protected, partly due to tall poppy syndrome and, yes, partly because of his indigenous activism…
Saying it is cause he is black is just a weak woke analysis of the situation… which was the point of my initial post…

Wonder what Sam Kerr thinks about this. If she gets booed now, by the white fella, is it because she's indigenous or because she is racist towards white policemen.
Soccer fans in England use any excuse to boo a player in the opposition team no matter what colour, just look how they treated Beckham for getting sent off in a world cup QF, you'd think he murdered or raped someone, and it went on for years.

What defines our Great character is not how we are booed or cheered
But how we Gracefully respond

I dont know if this discussion has always been focussed on booing and I didnt take note or it has morphed into that specific issue.

To clarify, my comments arent specifically around booing, I'm more intrigued why Mitchell evokes such a passionate dislike from fans compared to similiar players be that in the stadium, in the pub, online etc etc

I dont know if this discussion has always been focussed on booing and I didnt take note or it has morphed into that specific issue.

To clarify, my comments arent specifically around booing, I'm more intrigued why Mitchell evokes such a passionate dislike from fans compared to similiar players be that in the stadium, in the pub, online etc etc
I just think he is higher profile than most (more marketed by the NRL) so people get sick of him being promoted as a golden boy when he acts like such a grub..

Gallen was every bit as controversial/hated for a while, Mundine, SBW… they are highly marketed and therefore they become targets when they make comments or take actions that people disagree with…

Personally I think Mitchell is grubbier than any of those mentioned so far and is allowed to get away with it… always has his hands in blokes faces on the ground, constantly shoves blokes after the play has finished, drops elbows (Saab in Vegas), leads with the hip (JAC)… basically does anything grubby he can trying to hurt blokes…

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8