Latrell Mitchell

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
3 wks is ridiculous, he went for SJs head!
Demetriou might challenge so they lose and he's out for a bit more 🤭 it's going to cost him his head coaching job.
When Demetrepoo took over from Bennett he kinda looked like a dear in the spotlight. What with the Burgess allegations and now unable to command much respect in the dressing sheds and Souths plummeting down the ladder, it's not looking real good for him.

Great Player and Great Man Dale Shearer
Had a Drink with him and his lady friend at Northies at Cronulla a few years ago
We talked about him leaving Manly and he told me that in hindsight he wished he did not leave
Manly playing days were the best playing days . He loved the Manly club culture
I have not seen him since but Dale looked super fit at the time
Dale did not let him self go like Des Hasler

I can not believe how Des let him self go with that gut of his
Des was a fitness freak . It is a shame he let him self go
Every year he seems to put on more weight
Every weight gain is detrimental to his health

Come on Des , Shape up mate !
View attachment 26582
Des is a coupler of years older than me. looks about the same shape as me.
When you hit sixty then how you look it the least of your worries. Your working as hard as you can to stick some money in the bank before you retire. You also get to the stage where you don't g-a-f what other people think. It's a good feeling & I wish I had it earlier in life.

You hear so much about what an unbelievable player Latrell is....but to be honest, I've never understood it. He's played some good games, sure. But for mine, he doesn't do anywhere near enough to justify all the plaudits.

It got me thinking....Where does he actually rank amongst NRL fullbacks.

There's no way he's in the top 3. Those spots go to Teddy, Tom and Walsh.

The rest is I suppose open to debate.

But personally, if it was my team, I'd have Edwards before Mitchell. And Ponga. And Drinkwater. And Hammer. And Papenhuyzen. And Gutherson.

So in my view, he's 10th. Not even in the top half. And given all the rubbish he brings to the team, if I was running a team, there's no way I'd sign him. Just too much baggage.

You hear so much about what an unbelievable player Latrell is....but to be honest, I've never understood it. He's played some good games, sure. But for mine, he doesn't do anywhere near enough to justify all the plaudits.

But personally, if it was my team, I'd have Edwards before Mitchell. And Ponga. And Drinkwater. And Hammer. And Papenhuyzen. And Gutherson.

So in my view, he's 10th. Not even in the top half. And given all the rubbish he brings to the team, if I was running a team, there's no way I'd sign him. Just too much baggage.
As much as it pains me to say it, Tom is probably not a top 3 anymore. He might get back there, but I think Walsh, Edwards, and Ponga are the three best fullbacks in the NRL at present. Then Tom and Teddy in the next tier. Latrell is not even in the picture at present. I absolutely cannot stand Reece Walsh, but he is that good, it's a bit scary. I always held hope that Tom would get back to 21' and be revered as a great, but I think his current output is his ceiling from here on in. The injuries have caught up with him. I haven't completely given up hope :) but I am concerned.

He’s better than drinkwater and Hammer imo. Top 5 fbs in no set order:
Turbo
Teddy
Walsh
Ponga
Edwards.

As much as it pains me to say it, Tom is probably not a top 3 anymore. He might get back there, but I think Walsh, Edwards, and Ponga are the three best fullbacks in the NRL at present. Then Tom and Teddy in the next tier. Latrell is not even in the picture at present. I absolutely cannot stand Reece Walsh, but he is that good, it's a bit scary. I always held hope that Tom would get back to 21' and be revered as a great, but I think his current output is his ceiling from here on in. The injuries have caught up with him. I haven't completely given up hope :) but I am concerned.

Maybe I'm a bit biased when it comes to Tom. I know what a dominant player he can be and, like you, I'm hoping he can recapture that 2021 form............real soon. 🙏

A few Souffs fans on the radio today were pretty scathing of his output.
They said he's effectively playing as a dummy half that doesn't even look like backing up the play.

It is interesting though across both NRL and AFL the players that tend to get booed (is that the right plural?) more tend to be indigenous.

Again like others have posted here I a not saying it is racism but it does make e wonder when there players like Josh Maguire, Nate Myles etc who were well known cheap shot merchants as yet they never seemed to cope the same treatment?
I boo'd nate myles every chance I got

The last few weeks (at least) with Latrell have been like he's pushing everything and everyone to the limit to see how far he can push the system. So far there's been absolutely no push back so he's just been getting worse..... still nothing happens. An elbow to the face 3 wks!!! Anyone else it's way more. A tip tackle... nothing to see here, anyone else 3 wks. He is a protected species but at least now it's part of the reason South's are imploding and there's not too many shedding a tear over it.

The last few weeks (at least) with Latrell have been like he's pushing everything and everyone to the limit to see how far he can push the system. So far there's been absolutely no push back so he's just been getting worse..... still nothing happens. An elbow to the face 3 wks!!! Anyone else it's way more. A tip tackle... nothing to see here, anyone else 3 wks. He is a protected species but at least now it's part of the reason South's are imploding and there's not too many shedding a tear over it.
True, have you noticed that whenever he does something grubby like the stiff arm elbow to Johnston's face he kinda just gives the player a rub on the head or a slap on the back as if he didn't mean it, it's hilarious. Now Latrene has stated to his teammates that he's 100% committed to getting Souths back up the ladder..... but it wont be until 3 weeks time tho.

I think Latrell is a great player and think we are being too quick to write him off. Yes he's not fit enough to be an all action fullback in the Dylan Edwards or James Tedesco mould BUT a good coach would find a gameplan that saves him some gas for the big moments cause in the big moments of offence Latrell is as good as anybody. Unfortunately for him he's playing in a team with poor go forward and a poor kicking game and he's getting the ball at the wrong end of the field and sprinting 30m to get there and this amplifies his lack of fitness. Losing Reynolds has been diabolical for Latrell.

Rugby League is a team game and nobody shines without support. Tom at his peak could maybe do it alone, but this current watered down version of Turbo maybe not. Not a knock on Tom he's still a great fullback, and the total effort is always there unlike Latrell, just making a point he needs support.

I think Latrell is a great player and think we are being too quick to write him off. Yes he's not fit enough to be an all action fullback in the Dylan Edwards or James Tedesco mould BUT a good coach would find a gameplan that saves him some gas for the big moments cause in the big moments of offence Latrell is as good as anybody. Unfortunately for him he's playing in a team with poor go forward and a poor kicking game and he's getting the ball at the wrong end of the field and sprinting 30m to get there and this amplifies his lack of fitness. Losing Reynolds has been diabolical for Latrell.

Rugby League is a team game and nobody shines without support. Tom at his peak could maybe do it alone, but this current watered down version of Turbo maybe not. Not a knock on Tom he's still a great fullback, and the total effort is always there unlike Latrell, just making a point he needs support.
The best way to get support is to lead by example, with effort.
Show that you're busting a gut and most will follow and/or respect you.

Turbo, every week, we can see it.
Yes, sometimes we think he's doing too much but l know who we'd rather on our side.
He had an off day v the Dragons but it wasn't through lack of involvement or effort.

Edward's, Paps, Tedesco, Walsh etc are the same, they may have an off day every now and then but can never be labelled lazy, disinterested or unfit.
Nor any of them have a judiciary record anywhere near Mitchell's.

I watched Manu fill in for Teddy last night for the Rorters.

If Souffs had Manu, Latrell would never see the 1 jersey again. The guy had an absolute blinder. He terrorised them and ran for something like 300 metres. And not just returning the ball either. Through traffic.

FB_IMG_1712902265600.jpg

I watched Manu fill in for Teddy last night for the Rorters.

If Souffs had Manu, Latrell would never see the 1 jersey again. The guy had an absolute blinder. He terrorised them and ran for something like 300 metres. And not just returning the ball either. Through traffic.
Manu and Crighton are tipped to be following Sirwali (sic) to rugby next season. Get ready for Easts to announce the signing of three of the biggest names in RL to its bloated roster.

He already had a 7-time premiership winning coach and he still had issues with his application and discipline. In 2021 Souths were in the top 4 and he had already been charged by the judiciary 3 times by late season... then did this on the eve of the finals. He got charged again, suspended for the rest of the year, Souths make the Grand Final with a rookie fullback, but lose by 2 points. If Mitchell was available and played well, I have no doubt Souths would have won that premiership.

Wayne Bennett himself says that coaches can only do so much, and the responsibility of being the best player they can be is down to the player themself. Blaming other players and coaches for one player's shortcomings is really just enabling poor performances which has an effect on the entire team.

How is it that Sivo got 10min for a face massage last night yet Trell does this every 2nd tackle, has done so for at least the last couple of seasons and I have never seen him get 10-in-the-bin for it!

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8