Latu Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

NREagle

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The question could also be asked,who pays a 16 year old $350K?And the answer to yours and my question are two different people.There seems to be a lot more than meets the eye in regards to why Latu is being moved on
Anything to do with missing a month earlier this year?

eaglebuzz

Bencher
Why would we pay a 16 year old 350k and put him in the top 30 then when he is almost ready for first grade swap him for wooden spoon winning club’s unwanted centre.

Who in our club thinks that is a good idea ?
My guess is that they are stirring up s**t behind the scenes to get a release because they aren't happy here.

Realistically we just need to put a broom through the whole place and start again. We aren't going to assemble a competitive roster so long as we have rot behind the scenes.

47MVEagle

Bencher
Just an embarrassing and poorly run football club from top to bottom. Mestrov after a somewhat promising start is starting to look like one of the worst CEO’s in NRL history and our coach, who took the biggest club in the comp to the wooden spoon, is now turning ours into a home for all the worst players that he conveniently shares a manager with. Woods and Talau couldn’t crack the starting sides of the teams currently in 16th and 17th place on the ladder.

All starts from the top with Penn but as long as we keep spending our money and turning up to games, why would he sell the club. The current team (outside of a select few) don’t deserve our support anyway so I won’t be renewing until this ****wit is gone forever
This could well be the clean out the club desperately needs.

From all accounts, it seems the club is at the mercy of the Fulton/Tartak coalition so it seems all traces of it are being removed piece by piece, Latu (& probably Samuela too) the latest.

Since Mestrov took over, Kristie was walked, Fifita & Tuitavake were released, Scott Fulton went to the Tigers & now Latu is being swapped for Talau.

It’s actually starting to look like a very targeted campaign so I’m leaning towards Mestrov knowing exactly what he’s doing, as opposed to it being a disorganised mess.

eaglebuzz

Bencher

From all accounts, it seems the club is at the mercy of the Fulton/Tartak coalition so it seems all traces of it are being removed piece by piece, Latu (& probably Samuela too) the latest.

Since Mestrov took over, Kristie was walked , Fifita & Tuitavake were released, Scott Fulton went to the Tigers & now Latu is being swapped for Talau.

It’s actually starting to look like a very targeted campaign so I’m leaning towards Mestrov knowing exactly what he’s doing, as opposed to it being a disorganised mess.
Yeah, when you connect all those dots that's the picture it paints

KNUCKLES

Bencher

Since Mestrov took over, Kristie was walked, Fifita & Tuitavake were released, Scott Fulton went to the Tigers & now Latu is being swapped for Talau.

Who is talau managed by.. Moses?
Out with one.. in with another

Ryan

Journey Man
Great news , the guy held together with gaffer tape. Much like this club.

Since being in first grade, the gaffer (Koula) has won just 37% of his games. Ladies and gentlemen, we have our new Brayden Wiliame. He's made 330 tackles, and ready for this - missed 77 haha.

bringbackbeaver

Reserve Grader

It’s actually starting to look like a very targeted campaign so I’m leaning towards Mestrov knowing exactly what he’s doing, as opposed to it being a disorganised

Let’s hope so. Will be interesting to see how Gauc / Koula and shoe react. If no good, they can go too. Very concerning times … how did we get here? Des doing a dogs on us….

bringbackbeaver

Reserve Grader
Since being in first grade, the gaffer (Koula) has won just 37% of his games. Ladies and gentlemen, we have our new Brayden Wiliame. He's made 330 tackles, and ready for this - missed 77 haha.
Needs to be put on the wing. He can catch and jump which is more to be said for Saab and Tui..

Ranga

Bencher
Tipping Member
Why would we pay a 16 year old 350k and put him in the top 30 then when he is almost ready for first grade swap him for wooden spoon winning club’s unwanted centre.

Who in our club thinks that is a good idea ?
My take on the money we paid/are paying Latu was to help fund Manase’s legal defence costs. Perhaps worth it if he was successful, but he wasn’t. As such, it wasn’t an ‘investment’ in Latu solely.

It’s clear (at least to me) that we need a clean out / rebuild. I don’t agree with releasing the best of our young talent, but if we aren’t going to release any one of the marquee players, then the focus has to be on those guys that are on ‘overs’. Latu is definitely on overs for where he is in his career.

We can get rid of all our minimum/low wage players that clearly won’t make it, but we will only be able to replace them with other minimum/low wage players. Therein lies the problem and potentially why Latu is released. Personally I would have focused on trying to find homes for some of our other higher paid players (eg Aloia) in order to keep Latu, but I imagine there might not be many takers for these guys.

Ben

Bencher

Who else is managed by Tartak at Manly?

Thewestisbest

Reserve Grader
Who is talau managed by.. Moses?
Out with one.. in with another
Genius by Mestrov hey, get rid of Tartak's clients irrespective of talent and start signing below average players that no other club wants, who happen to share the same agent as our coach. This might make the Gutho regrets feel like Christmas day. Well done horsehead, Bravo, what a plan.

47MVEagle

Bencher
Let’s hope so. Will be interesting to see how Gauc / Koula and shoe react. If no good, they can go too. Very concerning times … how did we get here? Des doing a dogs on us….
I think the club has sat down with Schu, Ola & Saab (I don’t think Koula is managed by Tartak?) & are satisfied they’re invested in the club, hence their recent upgrades/talk of pending upgrades.

KNUCKLES

Bencher
I think the club has sat down with Schu, Ola & Saab (I don’t think Koula is managed by Tartak?) & are satisfied they’re invested in the club, hence their recent upgrades/talk of pending upgrades.
Yeah ofcourse the schu is. Who else is gonna pay him 800k plus.. honestly.
Let him see this last year out and let him test the market. See what anyone else is prepared to pay him. Bet u it ain't 800k.. then give him his real market value

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
11 8 3 75 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
10 6 4 -10 14
12 6 5 36 13