Latu Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I know 1 side of the story and the Fainu's live Manly and wanted to be there.....that's all I'll say and I know the family are good people.
I wish Latu well and will be a Superstar player, well exceeding Hynes and Gutho in time....big call yes, but quote me right or wrong in 3 years time .

I make no judgment of or towards the family, however, like you, I do believe Latu has a tremendous amount of talent.

I wish him, all the brothers, all the best, I trust that as they mature and hopefully reap the rewards that could be in front of them, they have also managed to eradicate a significant amount of "white-noise" that surrounds the family, which, it must be said, is NOT of their doing.

I have read many of your posts with interest, you seem to be "clued in" on this particular issue.

Your use of the words "irrespective of talent"; do you believe [that] the removal/release of ANY talent (not solely confined to our Club) is being made on the sole consideration of who they (the player) are managed by OR in turn, sign a player managed by another agent?

Or do you accept the primary role of ANY agent is to ensure maximum consideration is gained for their client, obtained by whatever legal means are available to them?

How do you view Ben Hunts' current "predicament" given he has sought a release from a contract and if the Dragons were to enforce their rights, the player could cause more unrest at the Dragons?

As a Manly supporter how do you believe the "Fainu matter" should be dealt with?
I find it bemusing that you point towards Ben Hunt and St George as a case in point. They are in a worse position than we are, at least for this season. Why not use Melbourne, Penrith, the Roosters, or some other successful club to make your argument? St George "gifted" us Woods for two promising young forwards, and the Tigers are giving up Talau for one of (possibly two if Samuela follows) the most highly regarded young players in the competition. And Latu is a half!

The Broncos made the Dogs fork out $500k for a kid yet to play fg.

Bellamy made the Fox see out his contract, but Melbourne aren't Illawarra, that club has balls.

Cooper Johns, Ben Condon, Jake Arthur, Tommy Talau, that's the best we can do.

We are getting reamed by the clubs coming 16th and 17th.

We are a joke.

I make no judgment of or towards the family, however, like you, I do believe Latu has a tremendous amount of talent.

I wish him, all the brothers, all the best, I trust that as they mature and hopefully reap the rewards that could be in front of them, they have also managed to eradicate a significant amount of "white-noise" that surrounds the family, which, it must be said, is NOT of their doing.
Well said Champ - 100%

I think this is the result of having a revolving door policy on CEOs over the last few years & letting certain factions with agendas gain footholds within the club.

The club let Api go to focus on Manase - was it the club’s fault he stabbed someone?

The club supported Manase throughout his legal process, re-signing him twice (I believe).

Mestrov seems to be what we’ve been missing over this period so hopefully what he’s doing now will result in good things.
I thought Des stood by Manase through out the judicial process, at the time Des was a senior representative from the club, from a distance I perceived that the the club did an outstanding job in that space.

It's a good point, but like every club, they have the highs and lows. Remember tigers won a premiership in 2005, once upon a time. Who's to say it won't happen again??
True, anything is possible.

I just view it through the lens of Sione going to the Tigers - apparently for a good wedge because he has a young family to support, yet he hasn’t played first grade yet & they’re not exactly chock full of superstars keeping him out of the team.

I suspect Latu (& possibly Samuela too) are going for quick, big dollars as opposed to developing their careers with the view to getting a big contract a few years down the track once they’ve established themselves.

Big money at an early age can actually stifle development as it can kill motivation.

So that comment has just rubber stamped Samuela's exit. Perhaps with your insight you can let us know who we are getting to replace his spot ??

This is a great post along with a post made by @Ryan earlier in the week, from memory, focusing on changes that need to be made at the Club that encapsulated some areas which the Club is actively pursuing along with @Kiwi Eagle and their excellent response/posts as well.

I have abstained posting on this matter, actually on quite a few matters concerning the Club due to the vitriol I received a while back, however, let it be said that there is not "more than meets the eye" in this current scenario along with many in the last eight (8) months, essentially since the appointment of T. Mestrov as CEO; there are two "parts" to this "issue".

One is monetary, masked however you choose to do so whether it is "...they feel they weren't supported during Manase's recent court case" OR a need to accumulate as much as you can in the relative short period of ones' playing career and to support those around you.

Many posters have asked on multiple occasions why the Club would let a junior on $X however at the same time, should the Club be beholden to a variety of self-interests, manifested or driven by outside interests or in-fact, engrossed by the apparent opportunity outside of the Club?

The second concerns a coterie which was created/developed with the best of intentions (early-on) and continued, unabated, until recently and I wish that them all the very best and trust the Wests Tigers have completed their due diligence on they way operate in terms of Club activities and the impact it will have on their own roster; they certainly are somewhat difficult to deal with let alone reason with and for every success they may propagate/promote, collectively, they have left a litany of broken promises behind as well.

I applaud the Wests Tigers for firing the first salvo in why the are "no longer interested in J. Schuster" lest it be said that they weren't of that opinion as recent as Friday evening however, their friends in the media will present this sudden change of heart due the incoming coaching team as "going cold" on J. Schuster.
Welcome back @AndWeDon'tCare

What I don't understand is how Manly mgt can't seem to plan several years in advance.

DCE is signed to 2025 and Schu signed as the long term 5/8th.

Why did Manly sign Latu for the most lucrative teenage contract in history without a plan?
Or was the plan to piss $$ against the wall training Latu to be a better player only to give the potential payoff to another club?
To the spoon club running last. Spoony loves his coaches to be aspirational, maybe his charitable spirit extends to spooner clubs, knowing from experience what it feels like.

True, anything is possible.

I just view it through the lens of Sione going to the Tigers - apparently for a good wedge because he has a young family to support, yet he hasn’t played first grade yet & they’re not exactly chock full of superstars keeping him out of the team.

I suspect Latu (& possibly Samuela too) are going for quick, big dollars as opposed to developing their careers with the view to getting a big contract a few years down the track once they’ve established themselves.

Big money at an early age can actually stifle development as it can kill motivation.
I feel like latu might be going across to play first grade next year to fill the brooks void. Obviously the brothers want to play together. I just think we've let them (especially latu) slip through our fingers given our succession planning or there lack of. But like u said nothing is guaranteed. And he is gonna have to work hard for it nevertheless. It is what it is now unfortunately. Good luck to them

I find it bemusing that you point towards Ben Hunt and St George as a case in point. They are in a worse position than we are, at least for this season. Why not use Melbourne, Penrith, the Roosters, or some other successful club to make your argument? St George "gifted" us Woods for two promising young forwards, and the Tigers are giving up Talau for one of (possibly two if Samuela follows) the most highly regarded young players in the competition. And Latu is a half!

The Broncos made the Dogs fork out $500k for a kid yet to play fg.

Bellamy made the Fox see out his contract, but Melbourne aren't Illawarra, that club has balls.

Cooper Johns, Ben Condon, Jake Arthur, Tommy Talau, that's the best we can do.

We are getting reamed by the clubs coming 16th and 17th.

We are a joke.

My question to you was in the context of contractual obligation/expectation on that particular issue as I'm very interested in your opinion on both the side of the player and the club.

As for the remainder of your post, I'll choose the subject, matter and information when I post, I'm not in search for qualification or additional information as to how I should present an "argument", your concern though, is duly noted.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10