Latu Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It was this bit that I said yesterday mate
"Let's see where this ends up when the club decides to communicate with its fanbase."
I have also said it today (more than once) However for your benefit, I will say it again.
"Until the club spells out exactly what has happened, we are stuck with a variety of suppositions. The onus is on the club to explain what has happened. It would be good if that happened sooner rather than later."
So if consistently saying the same thing reaches your definition of schizophrenic, then I am guilty as charged.
You still haven't answered how the Fainus move to the Northern Beaches after Manaise was charged hasn't worked out. In that time Samuela has debuted in firsts, and Latu is killing it in NSW Cup. I eagerly await your response, because I just can't see how you can squirm, wriggle, or smarm your way around such a blatantly false presupposition. Nudge, nudge, 😜😜, say no more 🤫

You still haven't answered how the Fainus move to the Northern Beaches after Manaise was charged hasn't worked out. In that time Samuela has debuted in firsts, and Latu is killing it in NSW Cup. I eagerly await your response, because I just can't see how you can squirm, wriggle, or smarm your way around such a blatantly false presupposition. Nudge, nudge, 😜😜, say no more 🤫
I thought that the Fainu family with Des’s support moved to the Northern Beaches to get away from bad influences.
They did. That was the plan exactly. Unfortunately, it didn't work.
Seriously @Thewestisbest My response to Brooke is pretty easy to comprehend mate. But I will break it down to your level. Brookes post is above for easy reference for you. As is my response.

Brooke stated that the Fainu family moved to get away from bad influences. My response was yes, but it didn't work. To spell it out for you it was the moving away from bad influences that didnt work.

In a subsequent post I provided the reasons why it didnt work. These reasons are mostly cultural. Here it is below

I think I just explained that @Thewestisbest The connections and relationships have not been broken by the tyranny of distance between Guildford and the Northern Beaches. I am not even criticising that fact. Knowing the culture pretty well, I would have been shocked if that result had occurred because of a relocation. Everything was against that happening i.e Church connections, Extended family relationships, Common activities etc

I made no reference to the onfield success of the Fainu's with MWSE. Thats pretty obvious mate. Almost as obvious as your inability to comprehend basic English.
Hope this helps

Has anyone considered that this a move by the club to counter Tartak?
Just suppose that after a few good games by Latu in Reggie's and Samuela doing well in firsts that a certain manager is again agitating for upgrades.
Maybe the club is calling the bluff and saying to him to go see what you can get out there and come back to us?
Dangerous game but............

Seriously @Thewestisbest My response to Brooke is pretty easy to comprehend mate. But I will break it down to your level. Brookes post is above for easy reference for you. As is my response.

Brooke stated that the Fainu family moved to get away from bad influences. My response was yes, but it didn't work. To spell it out for you it was the moving away from bad influences that didnt work.

In a subsequent post I provided the reasons why it didnt work. These reasons are mostly cultural. Here it is below

I made no reference to the onfield success of the Fainu's with MWSE. Thats pretty obvious mate. Almost as obvious as your inability to comprehend basic English.
Hope this helps
No mate, let me break it down for you AGAIN. What evidence do you have that the Fainu boys are mixing with unsavoury characters? What evidence do you have that they are caught up with wannabee gangster because of a cultural tie? There certainly hasn't been anything untoward occur off or on the field. Nothing has been reported in the media who love to report on scandalous behaviour. They are also performing on the field. So, again I ask, why hasn't the move worked?

My gosh this is like banging my head against a brick wall over and over and over...

No mate, let me break it down for you AGAIN. What evidence do you have that the Fainu boys are mixing with unsavoury characters? What evidence do you have that they are caught up with wannabee gangster because of a cultural tie? There certainly hasn't been anything untoward occur off or on the field. Nothing has been reported in the media who love to report on scandalous behaviour. They are also performing on the field. So, again I ask, why hasn't the move worked?

My gosh this is like banging my head against a brick wall over and over and over...
Sorry mate. I simply can't be ****ed. I have better things to do with my time than argue with a smart ass internet troll with limited comprehension skills, questionable life experience, and a penchant for twisting other posters words and phrases to suit your own delusional agendas. I note that @eagleron has just put you on ignore. Smart move. I have just done the same.

My gosh this is like banging my head against a brick wall over and over and over..
They lived with a guilty brother on attempted manslaughter charges isnt that unsavoury enough.?
P.s -The #westisfarfrombestitsa****hole !

Last edited:
So this just just speculation then?
Has anything been said from the club?
No but the fact the club has said nothing at all is usually not a good sign. A semi-competent club would usually release a statement to deny the rumours but all we have seen this week, outside of all the reports from the media, is Latu’s older brother being dropped from the squad for no good reason. Unfortunately this doesn’t seem to just be speculation

D C E only has another 2 seasons on his contract , Shu has hardly set the world on fire in most of his 6 outings to date Humphries still not extended and seems to be viewed more as a future potential 9 these days . So what does the club propose to do in a couple of season 's for a 7 in particular , go into the open market and pay overs for a 7 when there is still likely to be a shortage of quality and capable 7 's . Have a very promising junior already in the system who was earmarked for higher honors for quite some time now and looks like or giving indications that he could be well up to the challenge . The Gods must be crazy unless the club can at least provide some plausible explanation why Latu and his also promising brother are being speculated to maybe not to be in the club 's plans long term . The buck stops at the top , just give some clarity on the matter instead of silence to some purported idle speculation in the media

Has anyone considered that this a move by the club to counter Tartak?
Just suppose that after a few good games by Latu in Reggie's and Samuela doing well in firsts that a certain manager is again agitating for upgrades.
Maybe the club is calling the bluff and saying to him to go see what you can get out there and come back to us?
Dangerous game but............
Yep, this is what’s been going through my mind as well. It’s the new normal in the NRL now and as risky as this play might be from Manly, they don’t have a choice. You can’t bend you cap out of shape every time a manager agitates for an upgrade. Sooner or later you have to leave it up to the player to pull the manager into line and be content with (a) where they’re playing and (b) what they’re earning. A few solid showings in FG are not grounds for a sudden 100k increase, etc. it’s more ‘I’m earning my value now’ than ‘I’m worth more than this now’.

I’m not suggesting I know that’s what is happening but that’s my theory.

Yep, this is what’s been going through my mind as well. It’s the new normal in the NRL now and as risky as this play might be from Manly, they don’t have a choice. You can’t bend you cap out of shape every time a manager agitates for an upgrade. Sooner or later you have to leave it up to the player to pull the manager into line and be content with (a) where they’re playing and (b) what they’re earning. A few solid showings in FG are not grounds for a sudden 100k increase, etc. it’s more ‘I’m earning my value now’ than ‘I’m worth more than this now’.

I’m not suggesting I know that’s what is happening but that’s my theory.

I agree. I didn’t see the parra game as I was O/S however given Samuela’s strong form in previous games I find it hard to imagine he has been dropped based on form. So one would suggest tartak is trying to screw the club over. If this is the case I support the clubs stance. Even if it costs us a couple of young guns.

Anyway, this is just going round in circles and discussing certain topics with brick walls isn't conducive to bringing me much joy on a Friday night. Go Manly! Here's to hoping the team can surprise us tomorrow.
Yes, it’s obviously difficult for you to find an argument by creating a situation out of nothing when everyone’s wise to your MO & doesn’t take the bait.

Hence the creation of alts so you can agree (& eventually argue) with yourself 😂

They lived with a guilty brother on attempted manslaughter charges isnt that unsavoury enough.?
P.s -The #westisfarfrombestitsa****hole !
Brother being the operative word. Latu and Samuela have not been accused of ever doing anything unsavoury. Which is my point. Have a nice day!

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8