Latu Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Just a thought but the young Souths centre Munro who scored on debut last night is 18 and was playing SG ball earlier this year. When was the last time we played an 18 year old, seems like we either let our talented juniors go or all try to convince ourselves they aren’t ready for first grade before even giving them a chance

Seeing this with Fainu now, people fine with him leaving because he hasn’t played first grade yet and we are getting experience with a 200+ gamer who has played as many finals games as Latu has. Hate how short sighted we’ve become, but makes sense given Seibold can’t afford to have another poor season next year

Just a thought but the young Souths centre Munro who scored on debut last night is 18 and was playing SG ball earlier this year. When was the last time we played an 18 year old, seems like we either let our talented juniors go or all try to convince ourselves they aren’t ready for first grade before even giving them a chance

Seeing this with Fainu now, people fine with him leaving because he hasn’t played first grade yet and we are getting experience with a 200+ gamer who has played as many finals games as Latu has. Hate how short sighted we’ve become, but makes sense given Seibold can’t afford to have another poor season next year
To be fair,Des had the same attitude during his whole tenure.Buhrer sat on the bench without game time for two matches before his debut,DCE didn’t play until he was 22.And to be honest,Manly has always been a “win now” type of club,there’s never really been a time when the club has said “we’re going to just run with the young guys for a while and in years to come it’ll pay off handsomely”I suppose it’s been a successful method for a while,barring the past few years

Koula, Sam Fainu, Brad Parker all debuted at 19. Turbo was 18 I believe.

I’m sure there are more examples. If the club consider them ready they get a chance.

Also too early to be paying overs for all of them because the manager agitates for it.
That's the thing with Tartak, he is completely fine with stirring the pot mid-season and it's just toxic. There's not much point having a star player if they are constantly threatening to leave and making it impossible to build a stable, competitive roster. DCE's manager pulled the same s**t and completely ruined the harmony of the squad, and we really have been totally hamstrung ever since.

I wonder if Redcliffe are interested in these two? Or does the media need 2 paties to make a story.
I'm guessing Tartak "has 2 or more parties interested (in his head)". No leverage/cash for him if only one club wants them.

Slight problem with that NRL link you have - it still shows Tuitavake and Fifita with Manly but I'm pretty sure they've been St George players for months!
It is not accurate!
Interesting that Carayannis said it again today while interviewing Mestrov

Latu had long been earmarked as a future elite NRL half but he and his back-rower brother Samuela could leave the club as early as this month. Latu’s rich deal where he would join the top 30 next season made it difficult to carry him on their books.

“They are a long-term project and it is a salary cap issue,” Mestrov said.

Plenty of juggling no doubt required with the current roster but would like to see Zac Fulton retained
Thought that he was on the books until 2024 in any case .
Mobile enough to play in the centres at Blacktown also , not to place that much of a premium on that and unlikely to fulfill Crusher 's predication of being another Cam Murry type but a goer and looks like a handy player .
May as well give Dean Matterson a run at 13 in i st grade if the side can not improve much in coming weeks and still struggling a bit in certain positions and especially 13 or to give Zac a go there if his form is not too bad at Blactown

Plenty of juggling no doubt required with the current roster but would like to see Zac Fulton retained
Thought that he was on the books until 2024 in any case .
Mobile enough to play in the centres at Blacktown also , not to place that much of a premium on that and unlikely to fulfill Crusher 's predication of being another Cam Murry type but a goer and looks like a handy player .
May as well give Dean Matterson a run at 13 in i st grade if the side can not improve much in coming weeks and still struggling a bit in certain positions and especially 13 or to give Zac a go there if his form is not too bad at Blactown
Zac isn't even lighting it up at cup. And is a terrible centre as well. Should be nowhere near a Fist grade call up in my opinion

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8