Latu Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I accidentally tuned in for about a minute last night during which time Gus Gould said "It's easy to spot the talent at this age but much harder to spot the application and resilience required for an NRL career".

Probably good to keep in mind re Fainus.

Not to mention potential for stabbing someone. Sorry. Couldn't help myself.

I accidentally tuned in for about a minute last night during which time Gus Gould said "It's easy to spot the talent at this age but much harder to spot the application and resilience required for an NRL career".

And here we are with Lodge.
Who held a nine year old hostage.

Saw the highlights, was relieved I didn’t see Samuela reaching down to his sock when the scuffle was on

The match was great but it left me questioning the poaching by clubs of kids under 19.
For example, one of the kids playing for Queensland is contracted to Penrith. What? Why would Penrith with its bounty of juniors lure a young player from Queensland? Surely they are more than happy with their junior nursery.
Also, two Manly juniors playing for the Tuggers (Feledy) and St George (a winger but can't recall his name). Haven't we long bemoaned the fact that our district produces surfers rather than RL players and yet there are several examples of excellent juniors being recruited by other clubs. Do our officials just assume that a kid from outside the district has to be better than one locally grown?
Tamale, Cromer Kingfishers

And here we are with Lodge.
Who held a nine year old hostage.
Remember , when he was 20 , and a lot of us were dickheads on the grog when we were 20.

I think he’s 28 or 29 now, maybe with a partner / kids , people can grow up and should be given an opportunity to reform.

I’m not pro the player , but I think we need to look at it logically , it can’t be “ one strike and you’re gone for life “

Remember , when he was 20 , and a lot of us were dickheads on the grog when we were 20.

I think he’s 28 or 29 now, maybe with a partner / kids , people can grow up and should be given an opportunity to reform.

I’m not pro the player , but I think we need to look at it logically , it can’t be “ one strike and you’re gone for life “
Forgive yea.
Forget nah

The match was great but it left me questioning the poaching by clubs of kids under 19.
For example, one of the kids playing for Queensland is contracted to Penrith. What? Why would Penrith with its bounty of juniors lure a young player from Queensland? Surely they are more than happy with their junior nursery.
Also, two Manly juniors playing for the Tuggers (Feledy) and St George (a winger but can't recall his name). Haven't we long bemoaned the fact that our district produces surfers rather than RL players and yet there are several examples of excellent juniors being recruited by other clubs. Do our officials just assume that a kid from outside the district has to be better than one locally grown?
mate, spot on, after forking out 900k for a then 16yr old, and it now looks like he's off to another Club, I'm now a bit lukewarm on nurturing and paying overs on some of our homegrown jnrs.

I don't get the Latu Fainu hype from last night. Threw one good pass and was solid in defense. There was nothing in that performance that suggests he will become a superstar. Potential yes but that's about it folks! And we know where the majority of players with potential have ended up!

I don't get the Latu Fainu hype from last night. Threw one good pass and was solid in defense. There was nothing in that performance that suggests he will become a superstar. Potential yes but that's about it folks! And we know where the majority of players with potential have ended up!
I'll think you'll find he is considerably younger than the others in his team. While he didn't go looking for the ball, everything he did was class, including his defence. The team still won without him having to overplay his hand which, to me, shows he reads a match well. I'd hate to lose him and can't understand why the club is even contemplating it.

Forgive yea.
Forget nah
No of course and agree with you 100% BUT I just think we need to allow people who **** up to redeem themselves , and as far as I’m aware he’s been a good citizen since that event.

And it’s not like it happened last year , it’s 8 or 9 years ago.

mate, spot on, after forking out 900k for a then 16yr old, and it now looks like he's off to another Club, I'm now a bit lukewarm on nurturing and paying overs on some of our homegrown jnrs.
Ditto , I think they can be nutured BUT paying huge money for a 16 year old , and seeing it completely wasted makes me VERY lukewarm.

I know it’s the manager , but if the kid had any loyalty he’d just say “ they’ve been good to me , I’m 18 , old bide my time “.

But nah , it’s always ALL ABOUT THE MONEY!!!

Ditto , I think they can be nutured BUT paying huge money for a 16 year old , and seeing it completely wasted makes me VERY lukewarm.

I know it’s the manager , but if the kid had any loyalty he’d just say “ they’ve been good to me , I’m 18 , old bide my time “.

But nah , it’s always ALL ABOUT THE MONEY!!!
It is Mark..We've bent over backwards for the Fainu family, Des and Manly supported Manase when stood down by the NRL for 3yrs and with pay, right until he went to Prison. Sione didn't waste anytime either, secretly leaving Manly, not even a discussion. Now we got Latu and Samuela, looks like they'll be leaving as well, in Latu's case this kid owes us big time, why isn't he banging on the rooftops about wanting to stay on at Manly. And Sammy, he's got a real shot at making the 2nd row all his. If it's Manly's mismanagement of the Fainu's contracts that ultimately has a cascading effect onto other players contracts, well that's Manly's fault then. Think we've learned a big lesson tho, maybe we shouldn't put to much faith into big family dynasties anymore.

No of course and agree with you 100% BUT I just think we need to allow people who **** up to redeem themselves , and as far as I’m aware he’s been a good citizen since that event.

And it’s not like it happened last year , it’s 8 or 9 years ago.
He has had his 2nd chance at the Broncos, 3rd at the Warriors, 4th at the Roosters and now 5th with us. Bloke has had plenty of time and been given more chance in the game than he deserves

Nothing is holding him back from being in a normal job rather than the privileged position of Rugby League player

He has had his 2nd chance at the Broncos, 3rd at the Warriors, 4th at the Roosters and now 5th with us. Bloke has had plenty of time and been given more chance in the game than he deserves

Nothing is holding him back from being in a normal job rather than the privileged position of Rugby League player
3rd chance at the Broncos and so on.He was kicked out of the Storm and Tigers prior

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8