Latu Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Remember , when he was 20 , and a lot of us were dickheads on the grog when we were 20.

I think he’s 28 or 29 now, maybe with a partner / kids , people can grow up and should be given an opportunity to reform.

I’m not pro the player , but I think we need to look at it logically , it can’t be “ one strike and you’re gone for life “

We are usually on the same wave length but I gotta disagree here Mark.

Put your daughter and grandson in that room when this lunatic was showing everyone how tough he is.

Get him out of the club. We have totally lost what we expect a Manly player to be.

That said I guess I will cheer him on if he ever plays first grade, but I doubt it will happen, certainly not for a few weeks anyway.

Rothfield was babling on about how great the Fainu's are.

Braith disagreed, suggesting they are way over rated. This seems to be the opinion within this club.
Yep that was the general gist of it, the tone of his voice suggested he has seen plenty with that ability at that age, and Tallis chipped in asking what age group they had dominated

Put your daughter and grandson in that room when this lunatic was showing everyone how tough he is.

Get him out of the club. We have totally lost what we expect a Manly player to be.

That said I guess I will cheer him on if he ever plays first grade, but I doubt it will happen, certainly not for a few weeks anyway.

Agree with nearly all of that. I imagine how the life of that kid must have been for the months following, and potentially still now, and especially as a dad I can’t accept that’s it’s just a little mistake and he is a good bloke, especially with his actions following

Only part I can’t agree with is cheering him on. I’d said I won’t watch Manly play any game he was involved in, I was softening on that on the basis that I’d miss out on seeing guys like DCE and Jake go around, but once Penn and Seibold make him sound like the best bloke you could meet, they’ve pushed me back the other way. Especially when good people like Keppie are reportedly being forced out

He's a quality battering ram, and defends well. We'd be mad not to play Lodge this Sunday, we virtually need to win every game now. Time for to cut the slackers in this team.

He's a quality battering ram, and defends well. We'd be mad not to play Lodge this Sunday, we virtually need to win every game now. Time for to cut the slackers in this team.
So quality the Broncos, Warriors and Roosters all said bye bye recently, and Seibold is the only one dumb enough to sign him twice

It may be a coincidence, but the Broncos and Warriors improved markedly once he was out the door

I don't like it either, bob, but I'm almost certain he'll be playing from now on. Just get the sense from Seibold's interviews that he has brought Lodge here as a personal reclamation project, and that giving him a week at Blacktown was simply a box he wanted to check to make it a little more palatable for the fans. Our props have been underwhelming. I think Lodge is overrated, but, with the exception of Paseka, he's better than what we've got. He'll play, and he'll be in the top 30 next year.

So quality the Broncos, Warriors and Roosters all said bye bye recently, and Seibold is the only one dumb enough to sign him twice

It may be a coincidence, but the Broncos and Warriors improved markedly once he was out the door
Lodge seems to go all right at the start, so I've noticed, so maybe the new start with us will be good as well.

I don't like it either, bob, but I'm almost certain he'll be playing from now on. Just get the sense from Seibold's interviews that he has brought Lodge here as a personal reclamation project, and that giving him a week at Blacktown was simply a box he wanted to check to make it a little more palatable for the fans. Our props have been underwhelming. I think Lodge is overrated, but, with the exception of Paseka, he's better than what we've got. He'll play, and he'll be in the top 30 next year.
That is what I surmised as well after listening to Seib’s recent interview.

You will be very disappointed at 4pm tomorrow.

Lodge will be there, he was training with the main squad today.

I have a mate who gets a bit of solid mail about the Roosters from time to time. He said Lodge's departure from the Cocks was all to do with salary cap and not because of anything untoward. Apparently, Matthew was told he would be offered a two year extension at the end of last season. Then he got injured and Politis bought Spencer Leniu before extending Daniel Tupou and JWH.

Lodge was willing to take a decent haircut to remain at Bondi, thinking it would help the club extend JWH, whom everyone thought was retiring at seasons end. When the Rooster reneged he continued to train etc but his form did dip along with most other players in their squad. He was p1ssed off about how things went down, but that isn't a crime.

I have a mate who gets a bit of solid mail about the Roosters from time to time. He said Lodge's departure from the Cocks was all to do with salary cap and not because of anything untoward. Apparently, Matthew was told he would be offered a two year extension at the end of last season. Then he got injured and Politis bought Spencer Leniu before extending Daniel Tupou and JWH.

Lodge was willing to take a decent haircut to remain at Bondi, thinking it would help the club extend JWH, whom everyone thought was retiring at seasons end. When the Rooster reneged he continued to train etc but his form did dip along with most other players in their squad. He was p1ssed off about how things went down, but that isn't a crime.
The bit about the two-year extension is on the money.

The bit about the two-year extension is on the money.
Yeah, my mate is a mad Roosters supporter, and when he tells me something to do with that club, it's usually spot on. He knew about the Cooper Cronk signing a few years back before it came out as a rumour in the media, but he's been wrong a few times as well. Most recently when he told me the Roosters were going to land Stephen Crichton.

I have a mate who gets a bit of solid mail about the Roosters from time to time.
Lodge was willing to take a decent haircut to remain at Bondi,
I find it hard to believe that a Descent player in his prime would be willing to take a Descent haircut to stay at a club that they have no loyal sentiment

I have a mate of mine who is a passionate Roosters fan and he is happy that they have let him go and saved the money for more Dynamic Spencer Leniu

I find it hard to believe that a Descent player in his prime would be willing to take a Descent haircut to stay at a club that they have no loyal sentiment

I have a mate of mine who is a passionate Roosters fan and he is happy that they have let him go and saved the money for more Dynamic Spencer Leniu
Well he was on $800k or thereabouts. I guess it depends on what a decent haircut is to Lodge. $100k to $300k less, who knows? I'm just passing on what my mate told me. Make of it what you will.

And I'm pretty sure he was invested in the Roosters last year when they purportedly suggested they were going to extend him.

No arguments from me either regarding Spencer Leniu, I'd take him over Lodge in a heartbeat.

Well he was on $800k or thereabouts. I guess it depends on what a decent haircut is to Lodge. $100k to $300k less, who knows? I'm just passing on what my mate told me. Make of it what you will.

My understanding is that the haircut that he is getting is so short that he is going to be as bald as me feathered freind :)
He is now on a incentive contract .

I honestly dont know he is good enough. I watch every game every week and I dont think he is much chance of getting a run. But then again as you have pointed out the battle for positions isnt great.

So the commonly spruiked story on the street at Bondi he called Robbo a c*nt isnt true?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8