Leagues Club Live

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
1. Sorry for the bum steer in my reference to the seating being in front of the hill. One of the previous diorama’s had new seating there and I assumed wrongly this was where Penn was referring too. He definitely specified the Northern end. In my mind Pittwater Rd runs North-South (ignoring the bend it takes right at Brookvale Oval) so I pictured the hill as the northern end when as pointed out, the scoreboard/Family Hill is the northern end likely to get millions spent on it in some form.

2. When the question was asked about former players being disgruntled with the club, I did hear someone call out something like “move on” but didn’t hear everything you quoted @Cameron . I arrived 30 seconds before it started (& had to squeeze past Scott Penn to find a seat) so didn’t witness any of the other stuff you referred to.

That's all understandable but I hope hat doesn't send the pics. Otherwise he may need to conduct an investigation into himself and clear himself of any wrongdoing.

He's pretty good at keeping things under his..........
hat.

ah hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

sorry

@Mitch @The Wheel hey guys I heard one female member took it upon herself to tell others not to ask negative questions before the forum
Started and then said said” for ****s sake move on and why don’t u ask them”. When a member asked why former players like the Stewart brothers have nothing to do with the club.

Can you guys confirm that.
This woman who is a Johnny Come lately fan (no one saw her back in 2002’when things were bad) seems to have become quite a bully towards other members.

I imagine the disgruntled players , rightly or wrongly, are the ones that were moved on, such as Glen Stewart, and I suppose that was the catalyst for Foran and Watmaugh going also, but let's face none of the three ever set the world on fire after leaving.
Brett Stewart however shouldn't feel hard done by, he hardly played in his last two seasons, and still got paid out for not playing at all last year.

The disappointing part of the above is this the bit about funding being reliant on a masterplan including 10 storey apartments. Why? Isn't the leagues club site getting redeveloped in this way? It's a football ground. Build the grandstand, why does 'the plan' have to include a high rise development?
Because the Council just doesn't have the funds to spend on a total redevelopment, and since the State Gov will NOT put any money into a ground that they don't own, and with virtually no more Federal Gov funding, the only way any of this could be funded is with the sale of the proposed new apartments, however we have been going around in circles with this for nearly fifteen years, so don't hold your breath.

Because the Council just doesn't have the funds to spend on a total redevelopment, and since the State Gov will NOT put any money into a ground that they don't own, and with virtually no more Federal Gov funding, the only way any of this could be funded is with the sale of the proposed new apartments, however we have been going around in circles with this for nearly fifteen years, so don't hold your breath.
0% chance of an upgrade to Brookie ever happening.

Yep, Gorman's really doing a bang up job.

No coach, no players, **** ground, failed appeal, staffers all quitting, bullying, crap social media, perception we are a basketcase, players wanting out, no achievements (just bull**** talk), owners who are morons etc etc etc.

They've literally ****ed our club up and over.

And we have years of Cartwright and Ferris to cope with, on top of a salary cap restriction.

The Manly Titans. At least Cartwright has experience dealing with a team with drug allegations surroundibg them (not saying ours are btw) , unsuccessful to the point he drove the team (with his CEO) to the point of requiring the NRL to step in, and who's team results were a fallacy on the field, and had a CEO linked with dodgy deals.

He'll know exactly how to mask all that like he did there before being fired.

And he and Penn sucked almost 200 of you in at the members meeting, all becoming advocates and sponsors of them. Hahahaha. Suckers

The sky is falling, Oh no!
giphy.gif

The Brookvale to DY area is now saturated with developments.

Now that the Banks are being investigated which is curbing lending, and the Chinese Govt has placed a limit on exiting funds plus the property market is stagnating - another 10 storey at Brooky is a long shot.

The focus on this property deal has replaced the priority of having a competitive Manly Team IMO :swear:

The sky is falling, Oh no!
giphy.gif
Don't like your club Ser8? Wish I had your apathy with the proceedings tbh. And I mean that, respectfully. Wish I could just shrug it off, and say, screw them, it's all roses and butterflies.

Reminds me of when Frank Drebin stands in front of a fireworks factory exploding, saying, "nothing to see here".

Seriously, I wish I cared as little for what was happening as you do.

Wonder though if you'd be saying the same things if/when we lose the club in the next few years. Would that finally get you upset, or not really?

I would have preferred a positive announcement from the club about, well about anything, really, but it was announced about a hundred pages ago that Cartwright will be our coach, my view was I'll believe it when it happens, and that's still my view. Certainly a rollercoaster ride for fans who watch and analyse every media snippet, which is why I try to not to get sucked into all that.
And no, I don't want the club to fold.

Yep, Gorman's really doing a bang up job.

No coach, no players, **** ground, failed appeal, staffers all quitting, bullying, crap social media, perception we are a basketcase, players wanting out, no achievements (just bull**** talk), owners who are morons etc etc etc.

They've literally ****ed our club up and over.

And we have years of Cartwright and Ferris to cope with, on top of a salary cap restriction.

The Manly Titans. At least Cartwright has experience dealing with a team with drug allegations surroundibg them (not saying ours are btw) , unsuccessful to the point he drove the team (with his CEO) to the point of requiring the NRL to step in, and who's team results were a fallacy on the field, and had a CEO linked with dodgy deals.

He'll know exactly how to mask all that like he did there before being fired.

And he and Penn sucked almost 200 of you in at the members meeting, all becoming advocates and sponsors of them. Hahahaha. Suckers
Do you enjoy wallowing in misery? You’ve become almost like a troll on here. Does it fill you with joy to try to crush the optimism of anyone?

I’ve said this a bunch of times but this Brookie thing is happening. It will likely be in stages but it will happen. The centre of excellence money is defined program funds. It needs to be spent. Believe it or not but I will quote my own post later. You’ve just become so jaded

I would have preferred a positive announcement from the club about, well about anything, really, but it was announced about a hundred pages ago that Cartwright will be our coach, my view was I'll believe it when it happens, and that's still my view. Certainly a rollercoaster ride for fans who watch and analyse every media snippet, which is why I try to not to get sucked into all that.
And no, I don't want the club to fold.

Fair enough. With respect, like I said, I wish I could have a more uninvested emotional attachment to the inner workings like you.

Annoys me I hang on like a leech for anything positive - it's just sad.

I think we should settle and await official announcements.

It’s all ( yes every bit of it) conjecture, Cleary to Panthers and so on and so forth.

Not one official announcement!!

Do you enjoy wallowing in misery? You’ve become almost like a troll on here. Does it fill you with joy to try to crush the optimism of anyone?

I’ve said this a bunch of times but this Brookie thing is happening. It will likely be in stages but it will happen. The centre of excellence money is defined program funds. It needs to be spent. Believe it or not but I will quote my own post later. You’ve just become so jaded
First up, no I'm not a troll.

Secondly, yes, I've become very jaded, and am actually surprised by fans who aren't to be honest. When did we become such apologists, and accepting of such mediocrity lurker?

You've just witnessed our worst record (equal) in over 70 years of history.

Grant Mayer used to send me plans of Brooky upgrades many years ago, so excuse me if I'm feeling somewhat sceptical on the actual tangible momentum here given that was a decade or so ago.

Like I've said, we keep regressing. Both on and off the park (culminating is low memberships, attendances, ability to attract sponsors etc).

And you want people to be upbeat? I'm guessing you received a call from Gorman (like I did), and have become star struck.

I'm wanting (and demanding I guess) something better. In my eyes, if you don't, you're not showing the club and players the respect it/they deserves while these imposters (Sharks, Dragons, Titans, Tigers, Panthers) all destroy the place.

It's hard coming on to discuss positives Lurker, when there aren't any. Give me some tangible (not Gunnas) results or achievements, and watch me go full steam ahead with them. Watch the whole board light up.

Problem is, we are all eating from the scraps from Longshanks (Gorman's) table, we've forgotten what it means to be a true Manly fan (and set the bar accordingly).

If that makes me a troll, then fine.

First up, no I'm not a troll.

Secondly, yes, I've become very jaded, and am actually surprised by fans who aren't to be honest. When did we become such apologists, and accepting of such mediocrity lurker?

You've just witnessed our worst record (equal) in over 70 years of history.

Grant Mayer used to send me plans of Brooky upgrades many years ago, so excuse me if I'm feeling somewhat sceptical on the actual tangible momentum here given that was a decade or so ago.

Like I've said, we keep regressing. Both on and off the park (culminating is low memberships, attendances, ability to attract sponsors etc).

And you want people to be upbeat? I'm guessing you received a call from Gorman (like I did), and have become star struck.

I'm wanting (and demanding I guess) something better. In my eyes, if you don't, you're not showing the club and players the respect it/they deserves while these imposters (Sharks, Dragons, Titans, Tigers, Panthers) all destroy the place.

It's hard coming on to discuss positives Lurker, when there aren't any. Give me some tangible (not Gunnas) results or achievements, and watch me go full steam ahead with them. Watch the whole board light up.

Problem is, we are all eating from the scraps from Longshanks (Gorman's) table, we've forgotten what it means to be a true Manly fan (and set the bar accordingly).

If that makes me a troll, then fine.
I haven’t had a call from Gorman and I’m not enamored in any way. I think he is a step up from previous ceo’s. I think less falls at the owners feet than everyone wants to give them credit for although I guess we can blame them for listening to bad advice. My understanding was that bozo picked Trent, bozo also recommended Cleary (ceo) then the two fell out.

I’ve said before I have a fair bit more knowledge of the Brookie and coe so maybe that’s why I’m a bit more positive or maybe it’s because I’ve just chosen to take a more positive attitude. I mean I’m not really sure how it could get worse. We still have a good squad. The nrl is a joke of a league in terms of integrity, but getting upset about that won’t change it. Doesn’t mean I’m not invested I just choose what I let worry me.

When the negativity gets too much I tune silvertails out for a while. It’s quite refreshing. Same deal with the media. 80% of the crap they write is complete rubbish and the remaining 20% is managers manipulating situations.

It’ll all work itself out in the end and league will continue to ride off into the sunset as a dying sport that barely anyone plays run by moron administrators haha

I haven’t had a call from Gorman and I’m not enamored in any way. I think he is a step up from previous ceo’s. I think less falls at the owners feet than everyone wants to give them credit for although I guess we can blame them for listening to bad advice. My understanding was that bozo picked Trent, bozo also recommended Cleary (ceo) then the two fell out.

I’ve said before I have a fair bit more knowledge of the Brookie and coe so maybe that’s why I’m a bit more positive or maybe it’s because I’ve just chosen to take a more positive attitude. I mean I’m not really sure how it could get worse. We still have a good squad. The nrl is a joke of a league in terms of integrity, but getting upset about that won’t change it. Doesn’t mean I’m not invested I just choose what I let worry me.

When the negativity gets too much I tune silvertails out for a while. It’s quite refreshing. Same deal with the media. 80% of the crap they write is complete rubbish and the remaining 20% is managers manipulating situations.

It’ll all work itself out in the end and league will continue to ride off into the sunset as a dying sport that barely anyone plays run by moron administrators haha
Well, can't disagree with any of that whatsoever @:p Agree on all fronts.

As I say though, the moment we get one smidgen of good news, I'll be leading the cries of positivity, trust me.

Not sure if the upgrade of Brooky is what will attract fans to return. Might want to get buy in as a club from fans first hehehe.

Well, can't disagree with any of that whatsoever @:p Agree on all fronts.

As I say though, the moment we get one smidgen of good news, I'll be leading the cries of positivity, trust me.

Not sure if the upgrade of Brooky is what will attract fans to return. Might want to get buy in as a club from fans first hehehe.
I’m just looking forward to facilities being off the table as something the media can bash us with. I’ve been to narrabeen. I actually think it’s pretty good but maybe that’s just me

No one would seriosuly build a 15000
I’m just looking forward to facilities being off the table as something the media can bash us with. I’ve been to narrabeen. I actually think it’s pretty good but maybe that’s just me

Id love to actually see what all the other teams have to see if we are that far behind. I doubt Wests Tigers have a Mecca at Concord for example.

Is it also feasible that one reason the Penn’s wouldn’t agree to Maguire’s demand of appointing all staff is that they would be facing payouts for Barrett, Cartwright, Ferris, Randall? Also no Ballin, Menzies etc back in the fold. Simple economics may have come into it. The fact they were chasing Maguire is a positive however if we end up with Cartwright as a transitional measure then so be it. Get the attitude right and the squad is competitive.

Is it also feasible that one reason the Penn’s wouldn’t agree to Maguire’s demand of appointing all staff is that they would be facing payouts for Barrett, Cartwright, Ferris, Randall? Also no Ballin, Menzies etc back in the fold. Simple economics may have come into it. The fact they were chasing Maguire is a positive however if we end up with Cartwright as a transitional measure then so be it. Get the attitude right and the squad is competitive.
Maybe they wanted to bring Michael Monaghan or Brent kite as assistants. They’ve both got good wraps on them

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8