Leary at Hooker ? You cannot be serious !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This must be Bozo's call.

We are emulating the NSW system of picking players out of position.

It worked so well for the Blues.
Toovey won't take crap from Bozo... Not with only a couple of games left on his contract.
Though it's a bit bewildering the selection....

The sooner you armchair critics get over it the better, over the last 6 weeks everyone has been an expert x is an unknown factor and spert is a drip under pressure,this team of ours has been decimated with injuries this year and I have never seen this bad in decades 5 of which I have followed our team. I have never wavered from the hope we may make the eight but I cannot see us going any further than position 9, with 2 games remaining unless everyone from roosters and Cronulla all get injured, We have been spoilt for the last decade so its about time that we all realise that. lets all stop knocking selections and start supporting our great club and then give our undying support next year we will rise again and maybe the clean sweep will give us further joy in the coming years, remember Manly is one special team and the attitude of never say die will always be there, go you good things
well said zambuck

Yeah this seems like a defensive thing. I suppose the only other way is to have hodges and leary swap between offence/defence, but it could mean carrying a player unnecessarily.

Seems like a move to stop choooks going up the middle as leary is a better defender, or its a smokescreen.

Breaking news

Geoff Toovey picked to play the hooker and dummy half role in what will be the last ever captain coach isnd his last game at brookvake oval

Tooveys toughness and inspirational leadership in defence is set to ignite the disappointing eagles of last week in their quest to out muscle the rooters and propel them back into playoff calculations

Toovey said that it is not often you gain these opportunities and is keen to show his new teammates just what it takes to play with pride and passion and have vowed to carry Willie on his shoulders for a lap of the ground in what is expected to be biggest and emotional farewell in the mighty manly warringah rich history

Go Manly

Well that will do me. He puts a Backrower/Lock at Hooker no disrespect to Blake Leary but he isn't as quick and agile as Jamie Buhrer pity we don't have him till next year. I would at least have Jayden Hodges on the bench. If Hasson is our best option for a Reserve Forward we are in big trouble. These photos he has got must be real good of Tooves and Penna. Too be honest cannot wait till 2016 but then again we have bought some dead wood too. Lussick etc

• 🤝
Reactions: RWC
Breaking news

Geoff Toovey picked to play the hooker and dummy half role in what will be the last ever captain coach isnd his last game at brookvake oval

Tooveys toughness and inspirational leadership in defence is set to ignite the disappointing eagles of last week in their quest to out muscle the rooters and propel them back into playoff calculations

Toovey said that it is not often you gain these opportunities and is keen to show his new teammates just what it takes to play with pride and passion and have vowed to carry Willie on his shoulders for a lap of the ground in what is expected to be biggest and emotional farewell in the mighty manly warringah rich history

Go Manly

Now there's an idea!

Surely this is a misprint. His service from dummy half when he filled in for Ballin was abominable, notwithstanding the fact he was forced there at short notice, but he would have trained there in the event Ballin got injured. As slow as a draught horse from dummy half. Hodges named in NSW cup. There's gotta be an investigation !

I am and stop calling me Shirley

Strange choice by Toovey to pick Leary at hooker after his performance there on the weekend but Leary has played at hooker before. He debuted at hooker with the Cowboys in 2012. He must be a bit rusty.

I was surprised that Horo was not moved to hooker after Ballin went off. I thought he did alright in that position when he played there earlier in the season. I seem to remember he only passed the ball and not much else. On the other hand Leary tried to run it so I guess if he can improve his service then he might be a better option than Horo.

In Leary's defence he was basically thrown in the deep end - he is primarily a backrower who like everyone else would have thought with Matty B's record, he would be the last player injured & be there the full 80 mins.
But imo -
1 - Really will not start in the 9 - Hodges will be there.
2 - If Leary plays at hooker, will be far better prepared & far more productive.

Leary was trying to pass something resembling a wet fish last Sunday so willing to give him another shot

Amaze me still though how people can still get so fired up about the Tuesday team selection, how many times this year has that transferred through to the weekend 1-17

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4