Leave Gallop alone

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
bazeagle said:
I'm over reading the Gallop slamming posts here. Get over it.
He's got a tough job and is doing his best. I'm probably a lone voice but I reckon he does a great job, actually. It's time to concentrate on winning the comp not this other crap.
Bazeagle you were the person who was quite happy - no, determined- to repeatedly slam our inimitable coach Des Hasler over the preceding year or two. Hasler the despot and dictator, blah blah blah. You don't deny that now, do you?

Yet you leap to the defence of David Gallop.

Unbelievable. Mind boggling, really, considering you are a Manly fan.

ps I don't think anyone doubts he is doing his best. That is entirely irrelevant to the issue of whether or not his best is good enough for the position he holds. Do you have any idea how much money he is paid to be CEO of the NRL??

Yeah how much you reckon the clown would be on??
SeaEagleRock8 said:
bazeagle said:
He's got a tough job and is doing his best. I'm probably a lone voice but I reckon he does a great job, actually. It's time to concentrate on winning the comp not this other crap.
Bazeagle you were the person who was quite happy - no, determined- to repeatedly slam our inimitable coach Des Hasler over the preceding year or two. Hasler the despot and dictator, blah blah blah. You don't deny that now, do you?

ps I don't think anyone doubts he is doing his best. That is entirely irrelevant to the issue of whether or not his best is good enough for the position he holds. Do you have any idea how much money he is paid to be CEO of the NRL??

Napper said:

Well (assuming he only signed one contract - does anyone know if he likes speedboats?) I'd guess somewhere between half a mil and 1 million per annum. Plus bonuses. People like Ryan may have a more realistic idea?

Yeah thats great. Hes making big bucks but the people who the game revolves around have their salary capped. Brilliant. In all for the cap but something has to be done for juniors and One club players and a marquee player or 2 can be exempt.
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Napper said:

Well (assuming he only signed one contract - does anyone know if he likes speedboats?) I'd guess somewhere between half a mil and 1 million per annum. Plus bonuses. People like Ryan may have a more realistic idea?

Napper said:
. . . In all for the cap but something has to be done for juniors and One club players and a marquee player or 2 can be exempt
Well I just upgraded my Sea Eagles membership online and added a donation to the juniors. Why? Well, they asked, I was already on the site and I guess I was in a good mood. Clever marketing!

when i say juniors i mean say for instance hoppa signs with us for 3 yrs being a manly jr he should be able to earn more that doesnt come under the cap.
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Napper said:
. . . In all for the cap but something has to be done for juniors and One club players and a marquee player or 2 can be exempt
Well I just upgraded my Sea Eagles membership online and added a donation to the juniors. Why? Well, they asked, I was already on the site and I guess I was in a good mood. Clever marketing!

drama is there is two weeks between big games and we have nothing else to crap on about.

another four or five days of this yet to come baz, then we can start talking manly again.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
bazeagle said:

Your aggressive spin on all my posts is untrue, unfounded and irrelevant. I don't "leap to the defence" of Gallop as you spin it. I'm just over the slamming of the guy on this forum. In fact I'm also over the small minded factional grudge type culture that exists here. This thread will go nowhere and Clit Commander is right, no footy for two weeks is probably geting on my wick, I admit that for sure. Bring everything on in just over a week.

Baz, you say that you think that Gallop is doing a good job. A couple of questions:

Could you think that because you're being told what to think by Murdoch organisations (News Ltd, Fox, etc)? As well as by journalists, reporters, commentators and editors that want a career path into Murdoch organisations (and which ones wouldn't?).

Do you agree that Gallop is the News Ltd appointee, a central figure in creating the takeover by News Ltd that crippled the game, a man who has looked after News Ltd interests at the expense of the game, and a man who News Ltd make it a condition of them supposedly leaving the game that he remain the CEO? Why do you suppose they would do that?

Can you justify his comparative treatment of the likes of Brett Stewart and Carney? If so how?

I'm not asking you to agree with me, just to explain what seems incomprehensible to a mind willing to question what we are told to think.

I'm with Baz. Move on, focus on the future. We're one game from the GF. We beat the cheaters 40 blot, so all those Melbourne fans need a reality check. And show a bit more respect. the bloke did the right thing rubbing their name off the trophy. A quiet word to brett from DG wouldn't go astray and everyone can get on with it.

Rex said:
Baz, you say that you think that Gallop is doing a good job. A couple of questions:

Could you think that because you're being told what to think by Murdoch organisations (News Ltd, Fox, etc)? As well as by journalists, reporters, commentators and editors that want a career path into Murdoch organisations (and which ones wouldn't?).

Do you agree that Gallop is the News Ltd appointee, a central figure in creating the takeover by News Ltd that crippled the game, a man who has looked after News Ltd interests at the expense of the game, and a man who News Ltd make it a condition of them supposedly leaving the game that he remain the CEO? Why do you suppose they would do that?

Can you justify his comparative treatment of the likes of Brett Stewart and Carney? If so how?

I'm not asking you to agree with me, just to explain what seems incomprehensible to a mind willing to question what we are told to think.
To answer your points one and two: Maybe. Your points are full of conjecture. Re Brett, time to move on. Holding grudges makes no sense and helps no-one, including Brett.

bazeagle said:
To answer your points one and two: Maybe. Your points are full of conjecture. Re Brett, time to move on. Holding grudges makes no sense and helps no-one, including Brett.

We're agreed Baz that "Holding grudges makes no sense and helps no-one, including Brett." It's pointless holding a grudge against Gallop ... or for that matter against Osama Bin Laden.

We're also agreed that Gallop is doing his best, given what he believes to be true. The same can be said of mass murderers.

There's a difference between holding grudges and seeing through deceptions.

Rex said:
bazeagle said:

We're agreed Baz that "Holding grudges makes no sense and helps no-one, including Brett." It's pointless holding a grudge against Gallop ... or for that matter against Osama Bin Laden.

We're also agreed that Gallop is doing his best, given what he believes to be true. The same can be said of mass murderers.

There's a difference between holding grudges and seeing through deceptions.

I've missed you Rex! Where have you been?

Switched on, switched off, names change, but always here codewana.

Just like in the codeman days.

bazeagle said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
bazeagle said:

Your aggressive spin on all my posts is untrue, unfounded and irrelevant. I don't "leap to the defence" of Gallop as you spin it. I'm just over the slamming of the guy on this forum. In fact I'm also over the small minded factional grudge type culture that exists here. This thread will go nowhere and Clit Commander is right, no footy for two weeks is probably geting on my wick, I admit that for sure. Bring everything on in just over a week.

Exactly which of my comments do you deem 'aggressive'?

Irrelevant – sure, I'll buy that – but 'untrue'? Really? Which part?

Does any of the following sound familiar Baz?
"Des is a massive control freak … his control freak paranoia … Is Des losing the plot? His grip on all and sundry at Manly is unhealthy … Des sticks repeatedly with poor performing players … Des being not that bright … Des doesn't listen to anyone about anything … dictatorial … Des has power over EVERYTHING … dictatorship …" Etc etc.

It took me at least 2 minutes to find those examples of your past anti-Des tirades.

If you want to stick up for the News Ltd puppet, go right ahead. If you want to attack a bloke I reckon is one of the most admirable people in the game, go right ahead. And good on you for expressing an independent thought.

But please - spare me the displays of over-sensitive outrage and hurt feelings when caused by nothing more than others simply not agreeing with you.

Exactly which of my comments do you deem 'aggressive'?

Irrelevant – sure, I'll buy that – but 'untrue'? Really? Which part?

Does any of the following sound familiar Baz?
"Des is a massive control freak … his control freak paranoia … Is Des losing the plot? His grip on all and sundry at Manly is unhealthy … Des sticks repeatedly with poor performing players … Des being not that bright … Des doesn't listen to anyone about anything … dictatorial … Des has power over EVERYTHING … dictatorship …" Etc etc.

It took me at least 2 minutes to find those examples of your past anti-Des tirades.

If you want to stick up for the News Ltd puppet, go right ahead. If you want to attack a bloke I reckon is one of the most admirable people in the game, go right ahead. And good on you for expressing an independent thought.

But please - spare me the displays of over-sensitive outrage and hurt feelings when caused by nothing more than others simply not agreeing with you.

Shiit I hope SER8 doesn't dig up some of my posts on DCE before the season started:s...forum searches...they can come back and bite your arse.:p

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2