Let's all laugh at Orford

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Matabele said:
Cambo said:
Your a cockhead mata seriously. Your a fickle bastard bet you weren't laughing at him on oct 5 2008. f**k off and support another club your a disgraceful human
So classy. Who made you the gatekeeper of the true supporter club?

Seriously, a lot of people would have been hugely relieved to see that performance tonight. We can't dine out on 2008 forever.
You are a load that should end up tied up in a condom and flushed. You are nothing but an oxygen thief.

He is extremely smart and is laughing all the way to the Bank by convincing canberra to pay him $300k a year for 2 years.

he was pretty poor when he was with us too. His kicking game hasnt been good for about 5 years. His grubbers are still good but his long kicking and 5th tackle options have always been poor.

To think we won a grand final with him there... Lyon ran the show in that finals series.

Cambo said:
Matabele said:
Cambo said:
Your a cockhead mata seriously. Your a fickle bastard bet you weren't laughing at him on oct 5 2008. f**k off and support another club your a disgraceful human

Seriously, a lot of people would have been hugely relieved to see that performance tonight. We can't dine out on 2008 forever.
You are a load that should end up tied up in a condom and flushed. You are nothing but an oxygen thief.

At least I'd fit into the bowl.

Cambo said:
Matabele said:
Cambo said:

FMD you two are hilarious, can't wait to see you smashing heads next Monday!!

Yep, in this house we don't laugh at Orford.
As others said there's so many sweet memories with him in the Maroon & White, especially during 2008.

Sure, I want to see him fumble and kick out on the full whenever he plays against Manly nowadays, but other than that he was one of the halves in the best Grand Final ever, I'll always remember him and most of the modern squad for that year.

Does anybody remember the days when Monaghan was matas whipping boy and the pursuit of orford was manly chasing the messiah to replace him ?

Kiwi Eagle said:
Does anybody remember the days when Monaghan was matas whipping boy and the pursuit of orford was manly chasing the messiah to replace him ?
Wat was it concentric circles ???

Kiwi Eagle said:

And he did an adequate job of it from 2005-8. But he deservedly attracted criticism in 2009 and he was no loss when he left, though he did leave us in the lurch by trying to hang around for another pay cheque for so long.

Cambo said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Wat was it concentric circles ???
Yes, concentric circles. Hence my deliberate mention of it in the opening post.

Matabele said:
Just shows what we're not missing. Dreadful 5th tackle options, aimless forwards and backs running concentric circles, a kick-off dribbling 20 metres etc etc etc.

He is too old, he should have given it away after 2009.

Poor form from a rubbish human being

He wasn't at the earlier standards in 2009, but he still must have been doing something ok as we won 9 of our last 13 or whatever it was to come in 5th after a bad start

Mata's always good a kicking someone when he's down.
Yes, his best years are behind him but instead of talking about a good win you dish up this tripe.

Matabele said:
Cambo said:

Fro said:
Laugh at him tonight?

Wake up and smell the roses, he played tonight like he played for us.

I say he played tonight a little worse than he played in 2009. 2009 was diabolical but he is older and slower now. He was well compensated by the club to play with us, and he failed to deliver after 2008.

Sorry Mata, but saying he was diabolical in 09 is a complete fallacy. Sure he had some shockers and none worse than the final game against the Storm but lets not forget we finished the season in 5th. That was arguably after the most difficult start in our clubs history, the Stewart case, the 0-4 start looked like a season doomed for disaster. I'd hate to tell the Ox haters but we wouldn't have even gotten close to the 8 that year if it wasn't for him. As I said, he had a few more shockers than he did in previous years but IMO some of his individual form was better than what it was in his Dally winning year. And lets not forget the biggest referee shocker in 09 was Checcin call against the Titans which cost us a win which those 2 points would have put us in 4th place.

I think peoples memories are clouded by the few terrible games he had which aren't in dispute but I really think people are doing him an injustice by saying he was terrible for the entire 09 season. Simple fact is we don't finish anywhere near the 8, let along a win outside the top 4 and eliminated by a Dragons choke without Ox. If you can't recognise that, then I urge you to go back over that 09 season game by game and see how important he was in several of our victories.

Would never laugh at a guy who has held up the premiership trophy as a Manly captain. Sacrilege.

mickqld said:
Would never laugh at a guy who has held up the premiership trophy as a Manly captain. Sacrilege.

If you want a precedent plenty here will line up to bag Vautin.

I'm enjoying laughing at the Raiders. The absolute stupidity of paying overs for a washed up mercenary. Of course I loved him holding up the trophy but dont let the misty eyes from a great win cloud the reality of player who should be trying to outdo Fitler in the commentary box. The two new supporters at the Raiders, Itchy & Scratchy, got it right.

Mata

it is a widespread myth that he left us "precipitously".There was nothing mercenary about it.If he found a club who was going to pay him a large salary Des was happy to let him go and there was always that mutual misunderstanding at the club with no hard feelings.Hodkinson was being primed for the role.It really ****s me he is tagged a mercenary.

Do you remeber what a ragtag bunch we were before he arrived.He came to the club and we made 2 GF's,won one 40 nil over a team of superstars,he won a dally M and finished high up twice in the vote.

What more do people f...ing want from the bloke.If you knew how hard it was to even get on the field most weeks near the end you would never think of bagging him.he left as a fading force at the end of 09 at the right time for us.

Give the guy some credit.He DESERVES IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8