Let's all laugh at Orford

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ManlyBacker said:
susan, you are politely forgetting that he left the club clutching for an answer from May until the end of the year and then walked out. Yes, he has mates there, but I honestly don't know why.

So,we whinge about players signing through the year,and we whinge about players who wait til the end of the year.Flip the coin and make a decision.Do we want players to do a sandow/tallis/mundane/dogkinson,or do we want them to hang on til the end of the year before negotiating.Some of you people are going to have splinters in tour arses!

Volley said:
That's a very unprofessional club then if you ask me.
I'm not going to carry it on because we are all Manly. My last word is that the club was not unprofessional. He was tabled numerous offers and failed to sign as he attempted to eek out the maximum dollars. Then they realised that hey, he just isn't that good, and CYaL8er. The real story is the one that unfolded after he left. That summarises how strong his word is.

We won in tough conditions, We go in to 4th, Brett is the talk of the town so gotta wonder why someone would want to start a thread like this.....(Cue latest feeble "forum policeman" reply..")

FFS Enjoy your team for at least one night Andrew?

The Wheel said:
Cant believe I am agreeing with Ryan

I know - your just so used to being wrong. Stick with me pal, you'll start becoming a winner.....just stay away from that mirror....your melon is enough to make anyone miserable.

I was actually happy before I met you....now people think I'm the most negative person there is.

Your dome seriously had THAT much affect on me.

Just gives me a chance to have another shot at the Eagle/Shane who still has very little idea. All good vid hehehe

Volley said:
Vintage Matabele talking s**t to boost traffic.
Shhh Volley, you're blowing his cover.

Very funny posting Matas. Your argument was based on two totally incongruent points:
1. He left us precipitously, leaving us in the lurch, in 2010 by not playing for us.
2. He should have retired in 2010 because he was totally past it.

And you still drew the response. Outstanding effort really. I dips me hat to you.

Ryan said:
The Wheel said:
Cant believe I am agreeing with Ryan

I know - your just so used to being wrong. Stick with me pal, you'll start becoming a winner.....just stay away from that mirror....your melon is enough to make anyone miserable.

I was actually happy before I met you....now people think I'm the most negative person there is.

Your dome seriously had THAT much affect on me.

:argue:

ManlyBacker said:
Volley said:
That's a very unprofessional club then if you ask me.
I'm not going to carry it on because we are all Manly. My last word is that the club was not unprofessional. He was tabled numerous offers and failed to sign as he attempted to eek out the maximum dollars. Then they realised that hey, he just isn't that good, and CYaL8er. The real story is the one that unfolded after he left. That summarises how strong his word is.

I wasn't saying we were unprofessional. I'm saying that we would be very unprofessional if we had've put all our eggs in the Orford basket and then he bailed.

We knew we had Hodkinson, Orford knew we had Hodkinson, everyone knew we had Hodkinson. Orford looked for a better deal, knowing full well that we'd be sweet in the halves.

Everyone won.

vidmar said:
We won in tough conditions, We go in to 4th, Brett is the talk of the town so gotta wonder why someone would want to start a thread like this.....(Cue latest feeble "forum policeman" reply..")

Here vidmar is my comment on tonights game from another thread that seems to have mysteriously slipped down the charts (funny that).

Matabele said:
Very pleasing. Clean sheet and 4 tries in difficult conditions. Plus we scored on our few opportunities. Can't complain about anything except the bizarre cameo from T Rex.

Volley, take a bow.

There, but for the grace of God, go we.

Just be thankful for 2008 AND 2011.

Seriously guys I think we need to be a but smarter and ignore this obnoxious attention seeker. Tonight we should of been talking about 800 wins, 101 tries and a hattrick to one of our clubs greats. But no no along comes A.D.D look at me who has always needed to be the centre of attention at silvertails. ****house thread from a ****house individual.

Chip and Chase said:
There, but for the grace of God, go we.

Just be thankful for 2008 AND 2011.

A wonderfully concise summation. But I also can't help but feel smug.

Cambo said:
Seriously guys I think we need to be a but smarter and ignore this obnoxious attention seeker. Tonight we should of been talking about 800 wins, 101 tries and a hattrick to one of our clubs greats. But no no along comes A.D.D look at me who has always needed to be the centre of attention at silvertails. ****house thread from a ****house individual.

Maybe you could show them how it's done, seeing as you reply to my every thread?

Matabele said:
vidmar said:

Here vidmar is my comment on tonights game from another thread that seems to have mysteriously slipped down the charts (funny that).

Matabele said:
Very pleasing. Clean sheet and 4 tries in difficult conditions. Plus we scored on our few opportunities. Can't complain about anything except the bizarre cameo from T Rex.

Volley, take a bow.

Hoo Ra!

Sorry, I didn't see that so I stand corrected and apologise...unless of course it was your flatmate that knicked your password and posted contrary to your wishes and we see a disclaimer in the morning?

vidmar said:
Matabele said:
vidmar said:

Matabele said:

Volley, take a bow.

Hoo Ra!

Sorry, I didn't see that so I stand corrected and apologise...unless of course it was your flatmate that knicked your password and posted contrary to your wishes and we see a disclaimer in the morning?

No mate. Genuine article.

I certainly won't laugh at the Ox. By the Albion Headgear of Menzies, Ox was the Dally M player of 08 and he led us into the that Grand Final. He's a good bloke and he left coz there really wasn't room for him in our younger squad. When he came back from the UK he did try to sign up with us but we couldn't fit him in the cap. Anyway I think the Ox started to lsoe form when he got that injury somewhere in mid 08 and he hasn't been the same since. Good luck Ox and I'll always think of him as one of our finest.

KaZa said:
he was pretty poor when he was with us too. His kicking game hasnt been good for about 5 years. His grubbers are still good but his long kicking and 5th tackle options have always been poor.

This sums it up correctly but I don't think we needed this thread to gloat on it.

Jerry1 said:
KaZa said:
he was pretty poor when he was with us too. His kicking game hasnt been good for about 5 years. His grubbers are still good but his long kicking and 5th tackle options have always been poor.

This sums it up correctly but I don't think we needed this thread to gloat on it.

Wow,im impressed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4