Let's go Shopping, your player wishlist

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You won't even get his big toe for 600k. Merrin got 750k for goodness sake. Tom Burgess would be a lot more than 300k as well.

I cant see us throwing $1M at S Burgess. From reports we didnt offer DCE that sort of coin.

If we were to pay $1M for S Burgress then I would hope the NRL is giving us that superstar allowance.

Happy to pay 800K for him.

My picks:
1. Elgey.
2. Shaun Johnson - is he poachable?
3. Maloney.
4. Burgess bros.
5. Some young hard nose forwards

*** I say NO to any ex-Manly players from Parra - NO RETURNS, NO REFUND POLICY). Let them suffer out West.

I think we should be looking at props before anything else.

Burgess, Burgess, Napa, JWH.

I'd like us to use Gutherson at 5/8 (great goal kicker too), and maybe Rudolph. We all know Tom T is going to be the long term replacement at fullback, so let's groom Gutherson for the 6.

As long as we don't sign Sezer, i'll be happy.

I really want us to invest in young talent and not go chasing other teams crap just because we have money to spend. If Sezer is the only option, go without, because the following year, anything could pop up, but our hands will tied because we purchased crap for the sake of it.

Elgey and Carney would collectively cost less than 1 of our halves contracts, providing we could get them.
Then, go for tom burgess, mose masoe and maybe napa if we could.
Who knows what will happen though. Hopefully Kelly and Penn waste no time trying to twist forans arm.

With Foz and cherry going we need to rebuild but I think we still will have a quality side
Life moves on and below is still a premiership quality side if we grab the players. Put Killer to 5/8 ,bring carney at half back and strength the forward power with more power and aggression.

1. B. Stewart
2. T Turbo
3. Will Hopoate- BRING HIM HOME ( off contract at Parramatta)
4. S. Matai
5. Gutherson/Taufua
6. Jamie Lyon
7. T Carney/Elgey - Carney is to good to be playing in the ESL
8. J Turbo
9.Ballin
10 T Burgess
11 Bird ( will be sacked by the titans)
12 Mateo
13 Buhrer

14.Wicks ( off contract with Parramatta)
15. Hannant - Off contract with cowboys- has good aggression
16. J Hodges/ Tom Symonds
17. Tepai Moeroa - Take him from parra - Great aggression

18. Jesse Sene-Lefao
19. Ligi Sao
20.Tyson Andrews

We need to bring back the aggression back into our forward pack what sides feared most when playing against manly.

Manly is not dead, we are alive and well and we will continue to win premierships no matter who comes and goes

Lets all remember in the last decade we had orford, Ben Kennedy, Beaver( manly legend), Kite, Hoppa, etc leave and we still won premierships and stayed on top.

Lets gives Foran and Cherry a year to remember because they will not win another premiership and lets continue our success in 2016.

Anyone who thinks that Sam Burgess will go anywhere other than Souths has rocks in their head!!

Forget the cap, it doesn't exist for them.

He won a Premiership there AND will return there and the NRL will move heaven and earth to allow him to do so!!

I cant see us throwing $1M at S Burgess. From reports we didnt offer DCE that sort of coin.

If we were to pay $1M for S Burgress then I would hope the NRL is giving us that superstar allowance.

Happy to pay 800K for him.
I think if anyone does, Joe Kelly will know how much it will take to get Sam seeing as he's signed off on his pay cheque before.

1. Brett Stewart
2 P. Hiku
3 C Gutherson
4. S Matai
5. T Trbjovic
6 J Lyon
7 K Elgey
8 T Burgess
9 M Ballin
10 J Trbjovic
11 Glenn Stewart
12 J Burher
13 S Burgess

14 D Lui
15 L Burgess
16 F Mateo
17 T Symonds

JSL, Tafua, Blair, Sao

1. Brett Stewart
2 P. Hiku
3 C Gutherson
4. S Matai
5. T Trbjovic
6 J Lyon
7 K Elgey
8 T Burgess
9 M Ballin
10 J Trbjovic
11 Glenn Stewart
12 J Burher
13 S Burgess

14 D Lui
15 L Burgess
16 F Mateo
17 T Symonds

JSL, Tafua, Blair, Sao
Did you not read my post re player #13??

I dont think we should be spending too much on a half for next season.
By the looks of it there isnt anyone that sticks out from the bunch off contract for next year, if we are serious about 'rebuilding' then we should be prepared to have a couple average years and not look for a quick solution and maybe give a young bloke a shot in the halfs or buy a cheap halfback and give Littlejohn a crack at 5/8. Then hopefully in a year or two there might be a good halfback or 5/8 come off contract and we will have the money in the bank to spend and hopefully have a chance at signing.

In the meantime i think we can go into the market and build a good forward pack and let them build the reputation that Kitey, George, Kingy, Perry, Joe G, Mauro, Watmough, Gifty and the rest had for a long time.

Bath had to pay compensation to Souths of $1m to break contract. So I would expect they would like some of that back if he again breaks contract.

Out of all the suggestions I only agree with 2 ... Elgey only if he really wants to come here (and become a champion) and Hoppa .. only because he is Manly.

We have the successful formulae (ok we lost a lot of experience in short period) so no need to pay top dollar for elite players.

I'm going to get shirty if I hear a continuous bagging of DCE and Foz. They are paid up for this year so all they have to do for me is perform this year. DCE did that on Saturday night.

Tell him his "dreamin"
We can agree to disagree on this. Personally, and I've said this before, I think Penn and Joe Kelly wanted fresh talent in the squad and didn't want to pay the halves 2M+ a season so they tabled offers well below that. Who anyway is the last team with a millionaire halves pairing to win anything? They want forwards and while I was more angry when DCE left (I'm more than OK with Foz's departure), I'll be mightily pissed if Joe Kelly fails to deliver from THIS POINT onwards. He's cleaned house ok fine. Now get some signatures. If that is Sam Burgess great. If not fine too so long as I look over our squad list for round one next year and the names down for 8 through 13 make me think "holy **** that is a ****ing forward pack!"

Bath had to pay compensation to Souths of $1m to break contract. So I would expect they would like some of that back if he again breaks contract.

Out of all the suggestions I only agree with 2 ... Elgey only if he really wants to come here (and become a champion) and Hoppa .. only because he is Manly.

We have the successful formulae (ok we lost a lot of experience in short period) so no need to pay top dollar for elite players.

I'm going to get shirty if I hear a continuous bagging of DCE and Foz. They are paid up for this year so all they have to do for me is perform this year. DCE did that on Saturday night.

I wouldn't boo them but doesn't mean I have to like them!!

Benji would never play against the tigers

Price against the Bulldogs

Watmough against Manly

Agree its a pipe dream but never say never

I posted this in another thread and think its suited to this thread also:

I dont think we should be spending too much on a half for next season.
By the looks of it there isnt anyone that sticks out from the bunch off contract for next year, if we are serious about 'rebuilding' then we should be prepared to have a couple average years and not look for a quick solution and maybe give a young bloke a shot in the halfs or buy a cheap halfback and give Littlejohn a crack at 5/8. Then hopefully in a year or two there might be a good halfback or 5/8 come off contract and we will have the money in the bank to spend and hopefully have a chance at signing.

In the meantime i think we can go into the market and build a good forward pack and let them build the reputation that Kitey, George, Kingy, Perry, Joe G, Mauro, Watmough, Gifty and the rest had for a long time.

We can agree to disagree on this. Personally, and I've said this before, I think Penn and Joe Kelly wanted fresh talent in the squad and didn't want to pay the halves 2M+ a season so they tabled offers well below that. Who anyway is the last team with a millionaire halves pairing to win anything? They want forwards and while I was more angry when DCE left (I'm more than OK with Foz's departure), I'll be mightily pissed if Joe Kelly fails to deliver from THIS POINT onwards. He's cleaned house ok fine. Now get some signatures. If that is Sam Burgess great. If not fine too so long as I look over our squad list for round one next year and the names down for 8 through 13 make me think "holy **** that is a ****ing forward pack!"

Yes well that's the challenge now isn't it.

If all we get in 2016 are rejects and hand me downs you'll be eating your words because mark mine and I will remember !!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6