• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

is it a mistake to keep Lewis?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
You'd have to say Williame got the chance after the preseason form he showed but after Friday that should be it for him. Lavaka and Goodall next and if we need a centre, Satini.

Is it possible they thought BJ needed a NSW Cup hit out or two because of the lack of footy he's played?

Mateo if fit should be starting in 2nd row.

What we've probably seen this weekend is proof that you still need big boys, it's just that you flog them for their first stanza and replace them with more big guys. This iteration of the interchange rules doesn't seem like it's going to benefit smaller, more mobile packs. Dogs and Bunnies pack demolished off the back of size and running it straight and hard.

Yep I can't understand why we let Hiku go. Trent Barrett told him he would be in reserve grade if he stayed.
Probably fair enough. Who would you drop for him? Only really Jorge possibly. Can't hold Tom back over the fat Hiku we had. Doesn't get in ahead of Killer or Matai. So NSW Cup it would have been.

images (8).jpg

It was like TB felt obliged to pick all the new recruits for this game. Not sure why but it won't happen next week.

Brown didn't make a lot of metres on Friday night, but unlike his second row partner, at least he had a dig and did pull off a team leading (with Marty Taupau) 41 tackles.

I can understand why TB picked a smaller second row. I think the reasoning was that they would run the Dogs pack ragged. Unfortunately, dropped balls and silly penalties in our own 30 in the first half meant it was the opposite. We were the knackered ones having to do so much tackling defending our own line.

As much as I would like to see Nathan Green in NSW Cup next week, I think that other than Wiliame (especially if Snake is fit), we'll pretty much have the same team against the Tigpies.

As much as I would like to see Nathan Green in NSW Cup next week, I think that other than Wiliame (especially if Snake is fit), we'll pretty much have the same team against the Tigpies.
Yep. I've a sinking feeling this is going to be exactly Barrett's team with Wiliame the only change. Hopefully we're wrong.

Yep. I've a sinking feeling this is going to be exactly Barrett's team with Wiliame the only change. Hopefully we're wrong.
I would have loved to have seen our NSW cup side come up with a good win to put a bit of pressure on players like Green but sadly they well beaten as well. Wiliame is one of the luckiest players I have ever seen. Very lucky to be selected at NRL level.

I would have loved to have seen our NSW cup side come up with a good win to put a bit of pressure on players like Green but sadly they well beaten as well. Wiliame is one of the luckiest players I have ever seen. Very lucky to be selected at NRL level.
Even the best players regularly play in losing sides - for a multitude of reasons - so you can't judge a player simplistically on team results. Barrett needs to decide his tactics and then decide the style of player to fit those tactics.

My early reading is that the power game works - maybe even more so now under the new interchange rule. So teams like the Rabbits and Dogs come out on top.

If so, fit big bodies are the first priority - and statistics counting how busy a player is are misleading measures. eg If our top tacklers are our small men, then the opposition are likely to be getting easy metres and a roll-on with quicker play-the-balls. We need players who can attack in attack AND attack in defence. The metres made by the likes of Kasiano and Graham were way too easy.

My early reading is that the power game works - maybe even more so now under the new interchange rule. So teams like the Rabbits and Dogs come out on top.
That was only because Chooks and Manly gifted them repeat sets early in the game.
No way will Barrett suddenly rethink his team structure or selections based on one disappointing result.
Nor should he!

He played quite a few positions at Penrith, but would normally be picked as a back rower. The problem we have this year is there are 3 guys who similar type of utility players. All 3 are backrowers who can fill in at dummy half. -
Buhrer - Good leg speed and at his best runs some very good lines making it a lot easier for the playmakers inside him.
Brown - He's a tackler, probably makes 40+ tackles a game. In attack, offers very little.
Leary - Solid defender and has a bit of mongrel. Quite powerful in his runs and uses his footwork to usually beat the first defender.
I think when at full strength, we can only carry 1 of these 3 in the 17. If however TB picks 1 hooker, then we could maybe have 2.

• 🤝
Reactions: Rex
You'd have to say Williame got the chance after the preseason form he showed but after Friday that should be it for him. Lavaka and Goodall next and if we need a centre, Satini.

Is it possible they thought BJ needed a NSW Cup hit out or two because of the lack of footy he's played?

Mateo if fit should be starting in 2nd row.

What we've probably seen this weekend is proof that you still need big boys, it's just that you flog them for their first stanza and replace them with more big guys. This iteration of the interchange rules doesn't seem like it's going to benefit smaller, more mobile packs. Dogs and Bunnies pack demolished off the back of size and running it straight and hard.

Would be strange thinking, he played the last few games there in 2015 already so has been playing more than some who were picked ahead of him

That was only because Chooks and Manly gifted them repeat sets early in the game.
No way will Barrett suddenly rethink his team structure or selections based on one disappointing result.
Nor should he!
I read that the Dogs were making super easy metres and Manly were struggling to get much over the advantage line BEFORE Jorge dropped the ball on our tryline and started the rot.

Yes, Barrett needs to back his judgement rather than knee-jerk, and balanced against this, he needs to adapt when patterns emerge. Has he backed himself into a corner reputation-wise by talking up certain players before a ball has been kicked? Will he find it too difficult to drop players he has talked up or hitched his wagon to? Or to promote players who he'd shown the door? Would like to think players are on an even player field in terms of week-to-week selections.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10